Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Complete Redskins Cap/Salary figures through 2013

cphil006

well jus seein the figures makes me feel more right to what i would think we shuld do all along, releasin springs re-negotiating mw, and jt.
Based on JLC's recent personnel recap, I'd expect the opposite to happen. We will likely restructure Springs and release Washington and JT(because players don't think he'd be willing to take a paycut).

Three players I see that don't merit the money they are making:

Jason Taylor

Shawn Springs

Randle El is being paid the same money as Santana Moss?

Total 2009 Salaries: 18 million

IMO the redskins would function the same without these three players. I'm sure if Jason Taylor, Shawn Springs or EL were injuried the redskins would still play the same level they are playing now.

When you really take a good look at the contracts, Snyder is paying top level money to 'B' grade talent.

Three players I see that don't merit the money they are making:

Jason Taylor

Shawn Springs

Randle El is being paid the same money as Santana Moss?

Total 2009 Salaries: 18 million

IMO the redskins would function the same without these three players. I'm sure if Jason Taylor' date=' Shawn Springs or EL were injuried the redskins would still play the same level they are playing now. [/quote']

Im not sure you can move ARE without restructuring but

Daniels

Griffin

Washington

Rabach

Thats about 12 million additionally depending on what moves you make. So without doing ridiculous scenarios Skins could have 20+ million to make moves with.

• 4 weeks later...
Im not sure you can move ARE without restructuring but

Daniels

Griffin

Washington

Rabach

Thats about 12 million additionally depending on what moves you make. So without doing ridiculous scenarios Skins could have 20+ million to make moves with.

Washington just got released, so I hope it updates...

Looking it over, Jansens contract burned us bad. Betts contract is useless unless Portis goes down. It certainly wasnt a time-share at RB as it was in 2007. Smoot is on a long deal and maybe we got burned a little on Daniels but only because he got hurt. Lets hope he gets on the field and does something this year :)

Oh and Rogers has to go after his deal is up!!!

Ok so...

We release Marcus who was getting $6 mill. Release fee of $2 mill = $4 mill more room for us?

If thats the case, Springs has gotta go, no? Sad but hes gonna make $8 mill and would cost us only $2 mill to release. Thats going to happen but I will be sad.

Rabach looks like he might be a casualty next year...

And as far as Daniels, he might be a casualty this year as well, no?

Help me out here if we let Portis go it cost 13 million this year but do we have to pay his release money for every year through 2013 or just this year

The release money means "if this player is cut, prior to June 1, then his cap hit will be this much, for this year, and then zero after that".

CP's numbers are mind numbing for what he will be making on the downturn of his career. That's a lot for a running back getting older with a lot of mileage. What a waste of space and money on Jon Jansen.

A lot of player contracts, especially for older players who deserve big money, are deliberately written with a year or two on the tail end with ridiculous salaries. The plan is that he's never actually going to get those salaries, he's going to be cut, and his signing bonus will be on our cap that year/years.

Sometimes a team gets burned doing that. A player doesn't die as quick as predicted, and you wind up with a really good player who's still good for another year, but he's contracted to make some incredible salary that you figured he'd never actually receive.

A lot of player contracts, especially for older players who deserve big money, are deliberately written with a year or two on the tail end with ridiculous salaries. The plan is that he's never actually going to get those salaries, he's going to be cut, and his signing bonus will be on our cap that year/years.

Sometimes a team gets burned doing that. A player doesn't die as quick as predicted, and you wind up with a really good player who's still good for another year, but he's contracted to make some incredible salary that you figured he'd never actually receive.

Usually the signing bonus is distributed evenly for the duration of the contract for cap purposes only. When he gets cut, the remaining portion that has not counted against the cap will then count, if before June 1, for the coming year.

If we cut a player after June 1, then the cap hit can be spread over the coming year and the following one.

• 5 weeks later...
This will be updated shortly... and needed considering the draft is coming up.

It will need a really big update if the trade for Cutler goes through and the draft will be irrelevance given we will likely only have a 3rd round and some change left .......

• 4 weeks later...

Archived