Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have 100% proof God does not exist (red pill/blue pill)

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

How hard would THIS be to understand?...

If it's proven there IS indeed a God, what makes you think it will be a God that can only be assigned to one earthly religion?...

And why, exactly, would it be harder for, say, a Christian to follow Allah than it would be for an athiest?...Or (again), are you saying that athiests are more likely to already be living by Allah's word than Christians?...

Put some real thought into your next response, please lol :cool:...

I don't have to unlearn my entire life.

easier.

though put.

(edit) I only know of Earthly religions. do you have another?

The Earthly religions i know of don't practice the same way, hence the discord in the world on occasion.

Edit: Though i'd hope it was the baptist one as i go there on Sundays and the book is easier to read.

I was reading a similar question on another forum

oh :cool:

And why, exactly, would it be harder for, say, a Christian to start following Allah than it would be for an athiest?

Man I can't even answer that question. Because if I say yeah then that would be saying I have doubts that God doesn't exist. But if I do say I will not follow Allah people will say I am just a hater and I can't accept the truth.

Athiests won't have to "unlearn" their entire life if it's proven God really does exist, but it's Allah...but Christians will?

There's zero logic in that statement.

Which religion do you practice.

You have to unlearn that if wrong.

I'm a clean slate , I'm ready to absorb the truth blasphemer.

Which religion do you practice.

You have to unlearn that if wrong.

I'm a clean slate , I'm ready to absorb the truth blasphemer.

You DO have a belief...it's the belief that God does not exist. Unless you're saying that your athiesm is paper thin and, thus, easier to discard.

And "believing in God" doesn't necessarily mean "being a member of a religion".

You DO have a belief...it's the belief that God does not exist. Unless you're saying that your athiesm is paper thin and, thus, easier to discard.

And "believing in God" doesn't necessarily mean "being a member of a religion".

we don't wake up and think "god does not exist". We just live our lives and do our thing.

Of course I'd want to know. As a group, though, even hypothetically, it'd probably be better if people didn't know.

To paraphrase Tommy Lee Jones in Men in Black, a person is a wonderful, thoughtful, careful individual. People, on the other hand, are a mass of boorish, stupid, dangerous ignoramuses.

I agree, generally. And Spiff's "so what" question was cosmic in it's ultimate-anti-existensial way. But they don't call him "Spaceman" for nuthin. :D

And I was surprised at the degree of unawareness most posters had of this old bromide brought forth by TJ. In one slight variation or another, it's been an old standard for PHIL 101 classes from the 50's on, and grist for message board mills ever since the glowing filaments of the first tubes lit the firmament of the web with their golden hue.

More interestingly, I was contemplating that very movie line, TB (really!), as well as others like "it's your planet, monkey boy" and "anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears right about now", or maybe "some people lose their faith because Heaven shows them too little. But how many people lose their faith because Heaven showed them too much?"

On, I confess, a typically judgmental note, I miss the innocence born of blessed ignorance that is lost on this road to perdition we call the tailgate. It is not always spiritually helpful to know of some people's...uh..."thinking"....on these matters. Such baleful knowledge can cast even the gentlest and most benign of souls into foul, moody pits of despair. I moan in the darkness.

Oh, wait....Philly lost!!! It's all good. :silly:

Of the athiests I've known well, their non-belief in God would never be described so casually lol :)...They're adamant about it, it's not even up for debate.

And most people don't just wake up and think "God exists", either...

perhaps you know other atheists but don't know they are atheists. I don't walk around and tell people I'm an atheist; what purpose does that serve?

perhaps you know other atheists but don't know they are atheists. I don't walk around and tell people I'm an atheist; what purpose does that serve?

Yeah, I don't do souljoining on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Not believing doesn't have to be deep, I don't have to justify all of the inaccuracies. I don't have to claim "faith" every time something happens.

it just is.

Califan007

You're referring to the militant atheists that want to undo the church and state issues.

if you only believe "per se" is that why you said Earthly religion.

I thought that was odd. I normally don't ponder what the galactic aliens believe. :cool: well till now..

I used to think "intents and purposes" was "intensive purposes"

I once was a technician for a company that sold and serviced medical equipment. I was sent on a really long service call to some far-off hospital to perform a warranty service on a piece of equipment.

I was told to park by the loading dock (and ignore the "no parking" signs, because they never enforce them), go in past the loading dock, bear to the right, go past the cafeteria, and go to the door labeled "Labor and Delivery". The door would be locked, press the buzzer, identify yourself, and someone will come and get you.

I was wondering why they had all these babies 'round here when I realized that "Labor and Delivery" was not "Personnel and Receiving".

That's why I said "of the athiests I know well"...meaning, we know each other well enough to get into discussions about faith, God, religion...all sorts of life philosophies. That, plus many of them didn't hesitate to make some type of remark when some religious comment is made on the news, either by a politician or a member of the church lol...Trust me, it wasn't like a "don't ask, don't tell" scenario.

I believe that people who proclaim to know this answer are idiots

you're asking me to believe in an all powerful being when there is no scientific proof to back it up

and

those to say there is no god then believe we all came from nothingness.

nothing will crawl out of a cup of lifeless seawater if you set it aside for a million years,but when god does not exhist how can life from nothingness be scientifically explained?

Archived