Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have 100% proof God does not exist (red pill/blue pill)

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well to answer WVU's question posed, I'd take the one that'd tell me the truth.

See, what the agnostic/atheist group that loves to God-bash and make fun of believers don't understand is that...it's no sweat off our sacks if God doesn't exist. Sure, we wasted some time and looked a little stupid in believing in what turned out to be a fairy tale.

So what?

Thank you SSM.

I suppose there is a deeper question here: are people more concerned with truth or with with personal comfort/securtiy (probably not the best term but I don't know what else to call it)

Maybe...maybe not.

Demons believe in God too. Although I don't think they take much comfort from the fact.:2cents:

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. ~James 2:19

Well, you make the assumption that believing in God automatically provides more personal comfort/security than not believing in God lol...it might be more stress-free to "know" He doesn't exist. Probably depends on the individual, of course...

I think a better question would be, if it were possible to know (while alive lol) beyond all doubt that God really does/does not exist, how would that knowledge change how you live your life?

Definitely true. And good response!

For many people "God" helps them to be better people, if they knew he didn't exist, would they not want to know it because they fear it might make "worse people."

Is religion/belief in a god almost a human neccessity? Maybe for some.

Sorry. I don't believe it's possible for you to have such proof. I'm not taking either of your pills, because it's a scam.

Now, if all you're asking for is permission to tell me what your fantasy is, then I'll likely listen. (If you don't need more than 30 seconds of my time). Because your attempt to prove things one way or the other might be interesting. (But I doubt it.)

Definitely true. And good response!

For many people "God" helps them to be better people, if they knew he didn't exist, would they not want to know it because they fear it might make "worse people."

Is religion/belief in a god almost a human neccessity? Maybe for some.

How do you think the indisputable "proof" that God does exist would affect people who don't believe now and how they live their lives?...

It depends:

Do both pills have the same calorie and or tri fats?

I'm an atheist and wouldn't show the world their beliefs were wrong if i Absolutely could prove it... It would be epic destruction. I'd prefer not to have the death of millions on my conscious.

Yes we have those also.

How do you think the indisputable "proof" that God does exist would affect people who don't believe now and how they live their lives?...

For some there would be drastic change, others wouldn't need to change anything but their Sunday schedule.

Assuming its the Christian God.

(semi serious answer)

For some there would be drastic change, others wouldn't need to change anything but their Sunday schedule.

Assuming its the Christian God.

(semi serious answer)

Do you think it would be similar in the situation you've posed: where it's "proven" beyond doubt that God does NOT exist, and for those who did believe some would make drastic changes and some wouldn't need to change anything but their Sunday Schedule?...

So you feel those who don't believe are "living up to" God's "promises" right now than those who do?

I don't have to live up to a promise in something i don't believe in.

I'm not lying to God on a daily basis.

All i have to do is to "begin" being faithful.

Edit: I guess it wouldn't be faithful anymore but living by the rules of the "one" known.

Do you think it would be similar in the situation you've posed: where it's "proven" beyond doubt that God does NOT exist, and for those who did believe some would make drastic changes and some wouldn't need to change anything but their Sunday Schedule?...

My guess is that it would be similar in both cases.

Of course I'd want to know. As a group, though, even hypothetically, it'd probably be better if people didn't know.

To paraphrase Tommy Lee Jones in Men in Black, a person is a wonderful, thoughtful, careful individual. People, on the other hand, are a mass of boorish, stupid, dangerous ignoramuses.

I don't have to live up to a promise in something i don't believe in.

I'm not lying to God on a daily basis.

All i have to do is to "begin" being faithful.

Edit: I guess it wouldn't be faithful anymore but living by the rules of the "one" known.

No, what I meant was, you said that you thought people who believe in God would freak out more than those who don't if it were proven that God really did exist...and you said "most are not living up to their promises" as, I assumed, a reason WHY they would freak out more.

No, what I meant was, you said that you thought people who believe in God would freak out more than those who don't if it were proven that God really did exist...and you said "most are not living up to their promises" as, I assumed, a reason WHY they would freak out more.

For some reason im reminded of the scene from The Simpsons movie where the end is near and everyone from Moe's runs into the Church and everyone in the Church runs into Moe's.

How hard is this to understand:

at least 2 billion people have been worshiping a hoax.

If its Allah - Christains are going to Freak out for doing it wrong this long

If its God - Islam is giong to freak out for doing it wrong and so strict.

If its neither - HA! Everyone is doing it wrong

I only have to begin. Most of the world would have to change their entire life.

Not to mention those doing "naughty" things while worshipping, because now they KNOW Gods been watching.

And they have some making up to do.

There's a scene in Arthur Clarke's Childhood's End (have I mentioned how much I like that book?), where "The Supervisor", the leader of the extraterrestrial "Overloards", who's (loosely) in charge of Earth, is asked about the reaction of the world's religious people towards him (and his race).

He responds that, in his opinion, the worlds religions will fear his advanced people, but not so much because they believe that his advanced people will outright disprove their various religions. But more because of the fear that their advanced science and technology will simply eliminate so much of the mysteries of existance and eliminate the people's need for religion.

The line I recall is "So far as I'm aware, human Science has never explicitly disproven the existence of Thor. but he has few followers today."

How hard is this to understand:

at least 2 billion people have been worshiping a hoax.

If its Allah - Christains are going to Freak out for doing it wrong this long

If its God - Islam is giong to freak out for doing it wrong and so strict.

If its neither - HA! Everyone is doing it wrong

I only have to begin. Most of the world would have to change their entire life.

Not to mention those doing "naughty" things while worshipping, because now they KNOW Gods been watching.

And they have some making up to do.

How hard would THIS be to understand?...

If it's proven there IS indeed a God, what makes you think it will be a God that can only be assigned to one earthly religion?...

And why, exactly, would it be harder for, say, a Christian to start following Allah than it would be for an athiest?...Or (again), are you saying that athiests are more likely to already be living by Allah's word than Christians?...

And are "believers" the only ones who were doing "naughty" things that God witnessed, is that what you're trying to say?...That Athiests wouldn't ALSO say "Oh, ****" when thinking of all the 'naughty' things THEY'VE been doing that God has been witnessing?

Put some real thought into your next response, please lol :cool:...

Archived