Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Rinehart is gonna be a MONSTER next year!

Thinking Skins

Third round OL picks do not typically start their first year unless there are injuries, unlike first and second OL picks. In Rinehart's case, he was making progress and fell back into some old habits. If I can give the Receivers a year to develop, I can certainly give the only OL drafted with a chance to eventually contribute since Dockery a chance. I think the transition from tackle to guard is a bigger transition than the speed at which they play. Either way, I hope he's given some snaps next year.

I agree with the masses on this one. The guy couldn't even SNIFF the field. They skins, as usual, blew it on this pick. I seriously doubt that we will see much of this man next season either. Another wasted pick.

Oh and I'm basing this off the fact that no one at Redskins park has had anything good to say about it. On top of that, and this is my own assumption, the guy couldn't get on the field when the O line was decimated with injuries. It was so bad that Vinny went out and found guys off the street rather than playing him. That evidence is pretty damning.

I agree with the masses on this one. The guy couldn't even SNIFF the field. They skins, as usual, blew it on this pick. I seriously doubt that we will see much of this man next season either. Another wasted pick.

Oh and I'm basing this off the fact that no one at Redskins park has had anything good to say about it. On top of that, and this is my own assumption, the guy couldn't get on the field when the O line was decimated with injuries. It was so bad that Vinny went out and found guys off the street rather than playing him. That evidence is pretty damning.

aight, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm just gonna have to question your sources. I'll show you mine.

-Joe Bugel

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=293&sid=1455782

Quote:

"He's a tough dude,"

"He's got good football intelligence, and he's one rookie that came in and is not intimidated. A lot of those guys get saucer eyes, you line up against Jason Taylor and probably want to get his autograph. He's really come along in camp."

Quote:

-Zorn (same source)

"He's caught everybody's attention,"

"And on the o-line, I think it's hard to break into the crusty group. He's done a really nice job earning their respect."

Quote:

"Football intelligence - he is a smart and a tough guy," Bugel said. "He's not intimidated, and the game's not too big for him. Great preparation - he takes immaculate notes in the meetings. He really wants to be a real good football player. He spends a lot of time watching Chris Samuels, which is a real plus. He's learning on the job, and he's done a great job."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ainst-buffalo/

I'm just sayin. Who is this 'nobody' at Redskins park who's talkin bad about my man Rhino?

Man, I wonder if I should just make my next four or five Super Bowl reservations now. I just look at all these man beasts we have on this team, I have to wonder how we will even lose one game. Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly are going to be the best WR duo in the NFL just watch, Fred Davis is clearly the best young TE in the game, Jason Campbell will be fully up to speed in the WCO, and now I learn that the most dominate O-Line player to come along in sometime is finally ready to unseat anyone of our 32 year old non pass blocking linemen. SWEET!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Ever_Loyal__Bugel_Discusses_State_Of_the_O_Line_32019.jsp

Chad Rinehart, the Redskins’ third-round draft pick last year, did not play as a rookie.

Bugel indicated that Rinehart showed signs of adjusting to the NFL game late in the season.

32020.jpg

Chad Rinehart

“I’m expecting a lot from him [in 2009],” Bugel said. “When we activated him toward the end of the season, the light bulb finally went on. The last 4-5 weeks of the season, he started perking up. He started realizing what the NFL is all about.

“He was coming from Northern Iowa and these college kids sometimes hit the wall in the NFL. With preseason, we play 20 games, and that’s twice what he played in college each year.”

Rinehart had to refine his technique and eliminate bad blocking habits before coaches feel comfortable putting him with the starting unit.

I don't believe Heyer's improved much from his rookie season (especially considering how much playing time he got then). I think he's great for an UDFA. However, from what I've seen, I don't think he's a starter by any means. Also, he gets injured pretty frequently.

Stephon Heyer started five games in 2007 and seven last year, alternating at left and right tackle. In his third year, the former University of Maryland lineman could have a chance to cement a starting job.

It was thought Heyer accomplished that last year, when he opened the season as the starter at right tackle, but a shoulder injury sidelined him until midseason.

“Stephon can be as good as he wants to be,” Bugel said. “Randy Thomas and Chris Samuels have taken him under their wing and really worked him hard. His offseasons are critical because he grew up so fast as a young man he outgrew his body.

“Hopefully he can go through a season without having injuries. That’s the thing he hasn’t been able to conquer. Hopefully the third year is the charm for him because he has a great amount of talent.”

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Ever_Loyal__Bugel_Discusses_State_Of_the_O_Line_32019.jsp

I think Bugels love of vets,and zorn wanting to put the best winning team on the field is what held rinehart down.

after 1 year in the NFL and an entire NFL offseason Rinehart should be ready to ball out this training camp and earn his roster spot fair and square,and maybe a starting spot.if he can't show marked improvement from rookie season to year 2,then there should be real doubt.

but honestly I'd feel better about rinehart now more than he did when he was drafted. he was fine as a run blocker in pre-season,got beat in pass pro a few times as a LT,but he's coming here to play OG and maybe RT.

RineHart is a beast. AS Redskinz fan, we should already know that the coaches are scared to death to start a rookie over an established player. They did not want to start Sean. They did nto start Chris Cooley. They did not start Horton over Doughty.

So as a Washingtonian SKinz fan, we should already know that they are not busts if they do not start. We probably have the next stud on our hands.

God I hope so. To me it is obvious that the O-Line and D-Line are the worst parts of our team. The o-line is so old it is frustrating to watch them crumble. Remember when Jansen and Samuels were monsters? I do, but sadly those days are gone. Fabini, Kendall, Heyer, Thomas....they just aren't that good anymore. We need to draft an OL with our 3rd round pick, after we pick up a DE with our first rounder.

Man we can have the best DE in the game but if he's the only one on a 4 man line that can create the pressure it isn't going to mean anything.

lol blew it.. like he was a top half of the 1st round pick

good one bud

RineHart is a beast. AS Redskinz fan, we should already know that the coaches are scared to death to start a rookie over an established player. They did not want to start Sean. They did nto start Chris Cooley. They did not start Horton over Doughty.

So as a Washingtonian SKinz fan, we should already know that they are not busts if they do not start. We probably have the next stud on our hands.

Funny thing happened though all those guys became starters their first year. Obviously CR didn't have the ability to kick in that door to the starters job, even with our injuries.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet or not, I didn't see it as I scanned the thread.

A friend of mine said he was listening to one of the local sports shows, probably the Locker Room and they were talking about Rinehart. From what he had heard, his problem was on the mental side. If he got beat in practice he could never get over it and it dogged him all day.

Chad Rinehart, the Redskins’ third-round draft pick last year, did not play as a rookie.

Bugel indicated that Rinehart showed signs of adjusting to the NFL game late in the season.

32020.jpg

Chad Rinehart

“I’m expecting a lot from him [in 2009],” Bugel said. “When we activated him toward the end of the season, the light bulb finally went on. The last 4-5 weeks of the season, he started perking up. He started realizing what the NFL is all about.

“He was coming from Northern Iowa and these college kids sometimes hit the wall in the NFL. With preseason, we play 20 games, and that’s twice what he played in college each year.”

Rinehart had to refine his technique and eliminate bad blocking habits before coaches feel comfortable putting him with the starting unit.

DG, this is a great find! I love the comments not only on Rinehart, but also on everybody else on the OL.

32020.jpg

Chad Rinehart

Ty dg. I should look at the main site more in the off-season. :(

Those quotes from Buges fill me with a lot more confidence of Chad being a productive member of the roster than I had prior to reading that. The last I'd heard out of the park the end of the season was that teh coaches figured on him being another year away from playing time, so this is encouraging news.

Hopefully the light finally has "gone on" for him, and he'll really step things up this spring and summer. No one can argue he has all the physical attributes.

It would certainly be a big help with the rebuilding and depth of the line if that was one less body to have to worry about.

Hail.

• 7 months later...

This has nothing to do with the OP, just a Rinehart thread I picked to bump from the archives relating to this year and line depth that struck me pre-game today.

Yet again our '08 third round pick wasn't so much as activated to the game day roster. This off the back of his only game day activations last year coming off late season injury's, and not once did he make it onto the field, despite our numerous O-line problems.

I appreciate it's a tough call on who to activate given the asinine league rules about having to not dress a certain quota, but for a third round, second year player to be left out again at the expense of other hardly stellar back-ups when it comes to the serious stuff jumps out as telling about Chad's non-ability as any initial promise.

Hail.

Archived