Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Rinehart is gonna be a MONSTER next year!

Thinking Skins

I'm thinking they will probly let Pete Kendall go and let Chad take over at LF, which I'd be fine with, given we shouldn't keep fielding 35 year olds.

Word is they keep Kendell. We are weak at G. Keeping Kendall gives us more options. He did VERY well this year, and was arguably our best OL other than Samuels.

Man, some people expected way too much from Rinehart last year. Guys, I expected Rinehart to be redshirted for the most part this year, with an outside chance he could go in if one of the guards went down. Well, guess what? Both were healthy for the whole year. I also expect that the least experienced player would be toward the bottom of the depth chart. When you want players to go in in the middle of a game, you want experienced guys who know what they are doing. You are also probably are going to pick the most versatile guys as well, because you are likely not going to activate backups for everyone.

I have no doubt, tho, that if either Kendall or Thomas had missed significant time that Rinehart was probably going to be in there.

I like the Alex Mack pickup, but not keeping Heyer at RT. RT is our biggest liability and Heyer is a great backup, but thats it. We need a pillar there for years that can pass pro and run block.

And who says that Heyer can't be that guy? Fans don't seem to think that a player can improve. To be honest, most fans didn't think Dockery was worth a damn until his last season. Even then, I don't think he's worth what he got.

The only reason why Jansen stayed in there was because Zorn knew that running the ball was what this team did best and that Jansen was the better run blocker. I'm very much doubting that Jansen starts the season as the starter at RT.

anybody notice that when samuels was out and heyer was at LT we ran to the left side pretty good? i would like the startin lineup to be, samuels, rinehart, rabach, thomas, heyer...2/5 positions get younger, and we still got kendall/jansen as depth? exactly what is geisingers role on the team, is he gonna fill somebodys spot anytime? i would like to pick up alex boone to cover rabach tho. maybe let geisinger replace thomas when hes done.

And who says that Heyer can't be that guy? Fans don't seem to think that a player can improve. To be honest, most fans didn't think Dockery was worth a damn until his last season. Even then, I don't think he's worth what he got.

The only reason why Jansen stayed in there was because Zorn knew that running the ball was what this team did best and that Jansen was the better run blocker. I'm very much doubting that Jansen starts the season as the starter at RT.

I don't believe Heyer's improved much from his rookie season (especially considering how much playing time he got then). I think he's great for an UDFA. However, from what I've seen, I don't think he's a starter by any means. Also, he gets injured pretty frequently.

Reinhart to me gets a bad wrap since he wasn't active but tell me this; who would you have deactivated for him on the o-line? To me, he's a left guard and I'm basing this off of where he played in the preseason prior to Heyer's injury. So who goes inactive?

1. You need the backup Center so Geisinger is in...

2. Whoever wasn't starting between Heyer and Jansen was in....

3. Fabini was active for parts of the season because he could backup at guard or tackle.

So my question then is where did you want Reinhart to go? If Kendall went down he would have been active and possibly starting the next week but unfortunately for Chad he was playing behind one of the few solid guys on our line.....

DUHHHH!!! Of course Jansen won't start. But we need another RT other than Heyer.

I don't believe Heyer's improved much from his rookie season (especially considering how much playing time he got then). I think he's great for an UDFA. However, from what I've seen, I don't think he's a starter by any means. Also, he gets injured pretty frequently.

He improved enough to be named the starter this year over Jansen and only left the lineup because he got hurt.

The injury thing is a bit of a concern, but not a huge one in my eyes.

He improved enough to be named the starter this year over Jansen and only left the lineup because he got hurt.

The injury thing is a bit of a concern, but not a huge one in my eyes.

Heyer improved enough to be named the starter or was it Jansen's declining performance? ;)

How anyone on this board can label him a "bust" when he hasn't seen any playing time other than pre-season, is beyond me. Just like our other rookies, 2009 will be their time to develop and show us all what they can do. Have faith folks!

I believe I was the only won to use the term bust in this thread. I was merely pointing out that draft picks can be bust and despite what a scout has said about any player, we will never know until they play.

Heyer improved enough to be named the starter or was it Jansen's declining performance? ;)

A bit of both certainly, but the fact that he stayed in there until he got hurt, and the fact that he was the first tackle in the game once someone went down shows the confidence the team has in him.

It is why I think all the Jordan Gross talk is silly and while I wouldn't rule out using our first round pick on an OT, it will be more because the player was the best player on the board rather than it being a desperate need. I'm pretty confident that Heyer will be starting the first day of the season.

"Culture shock" might be apt - the D-lineman he faced at Northern Iowa were, by and large, nothing compared to the NFL. Still, if he's got the raw physical skills and the brains, Bugel should be able to coach him up to this level.

I love Buges and hate to say anything remotely poor about him, but the Skins have used only veterans in his current term with us with the exception of Dockery who was drafted by the previous administration.

Raymer, Rabach, Kendall, Wade, Fabini all are vets that were brought in or used by Buges. Hopefully Rinehart is more Heyer than Molinaro or Wilson.

God I hope so. To me it is obvious that the O-Line and D-Line are the worst parts of our team. The o-line is so old it is frustrating to watch them crumble. Remember when Jansen and Samuels were monsters? I do, but sadly those days are gone. Fabini, Kendall, Heyer, Thomas....they just aren't that good anymore. We need to draft an OL with our 3rd round pick, after we pick up a DE with our first rounder.

Archived