Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Rinehart is gonna be a MONSTER next year!

Thinking Skins

And who says that Heyer can't be that guy? Fans don't seem to think that a player can improve. To be honest, most fans didn't think Dockery was worth a damn until his last season. Even then, I don't think he's worth what he got.

Dockery was not well liked (by fans) during Spurrier's time or his early Gibb's years. In hindsight Dockery was worth more than we ever paid for him. However, I would never consider matching his current contract to get him back.

He hit the market at the perfect time for his position, nothing more or less.

Here's a quote from Buges that kinda pissed me off. It shows his loyalty to the vets:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/27/AR2008122701123.html?hpid=sec-sports

See, Buges just doesn't want to let Rinehart play cause he knows that Rinehart's gonna take the job of one of them vets, and he doesn't like it. Thats why Heyer got benched for Jansen. But watch, our OL is gonna be

dominant next year.

You're talking about a guy who played Jeff Bostic and Joe Jacoby. A coach that benched Bostic in '87. I don't buy what you're selling.

17524.jpg17520.jpg07FB_Mack-Alex_mug_7028.jpg17480.jpg17444.jpg

Starting at Center for your Washington Redskins

Alex Mack!

Why would we keep Kendall only to move him to the right side? That would probably require a cap hit in dropping Thomas and then signing Kendall. I can't see how that makes cap or football sense at all.

I'd like to see a lot more of Rinehart in preseason. I think he still has great potential.

It seems to me that Heyer does a much better job at LT than at RT. Is that because of a natural inclination? because of Kendall's presence on the left? both? Anyone have ideas on that? Finally, though, I don't think he should be one of our starters. We need to draft a LT in this draft, who can play RT until Samuels is done. Next year or the year after, we draft our permanent RT. It's time we started thinking long-term.

Yea, he is so good he couldn't even get on the active roster.

For all you youngsters (those who never saw a Billy Idol video from Rebel Yell as it was released on MTV or friday night videos) out there, many of the Hogs did not come in and start their second year or even their third. Gibbs used to love to "redshirt" players by stashing them on IR (that is why the Gibbs rule exists today). And when it comes down to it, do you really want to dress 4 extra linemen? Besides the baltimore game when have you seen something like that happen? It makes sense that he wore a sweatsuit to games all year. Don't sweat it. If he can't play we will all know soon enough.

For all you youngsters (those who never saw a Billy Idol video from Rebel Yell as it was released on MTV or friday night videos) out there, many of the Hogs did not come in and start their second year or even their third. Gibbs used to love to "redshirt" players by stashing them on IR (that is why the Gibbs rule exists today). And when it comes down to it, do you really want to dress 4 extra linemen? Besides the baltimore game when have you seen something like that happen? It makes sense that he wore a sweatsuit to games all year. Don't sweat it. If he can't play we will all know soon enough.
Really?

Joe Jacoby played 14 started 13 games his rookie year.

Mark May played in 16 started 9.

Russ Grimm played 14 started 13.

Bostic played in 16 started 0. Started all 16 next year.

Melvin Jones played in 11 started 10.

So maybe Bugel (and certainly Zorn) hates using rookies. Well guess what? Rinehart isn't a rookie anymore...

He's had one year to get used to the speed of the game and the complexity of the playbook. He's a vet now. Let's see what he's got.

Why would we keep Kendall only to move him to the right side? That would probably require a cap hit in dropping Thomas and then signing Kendall. I can't see how that makes cap or football sense at all.

Who is dropping Thomas?

Kendall played better then Thomas that's why I would start him.

I would move Kendall to the right to balance the line with veterans and youth.

What line-up would you like to start?

It's hard to know what the deal is with Rinehart.

On the one hand he couldn't sniff the field on a team whose offensive line was very much on the decline the second half of the year.

OTOH, he projects by most accounts as a LG in the pros, and Kendall despite his age was one of our stallwarts this year.

IMHO this will be the offseason to watch in this regard. We'll have to see whether we resign Kendall as a litmus test for what the team thinks of Rinehart.

Hopefully we've gotten lucky with Heyer and Rinehart, and we really only need one or two more new OL's this offseason to get our OL back up to speed (I think Samuels still has a couple of more good years left in him). I've we've swung and missed on those two guys then we're staring a major OL rebuild right in the face, with probably another year of spotty-at-best OL play.

I really hope so....

Because if Rinehart doesn't pan out, I can easily see Vinny Cerrato and the Redskins apologists saying some stupid crap like:

"SEE! We drafted a lineman like you cried about wanting for years, and look how that turned out!"

It's hard to know what the deal is with Rinehart.

On the one hand he couldn't sniff the field on a team whose offensive line was very much on the decline the second half of the year.

OTOH, he projects by most accounts as a LG in the pros, and Kendall despite his age was one of our stallwarts this year.

IMHO this will be the offseason to watch in this regard. We'll have to see whether we resign Kendall as a litmus test for what the team thinks of Rinehart.

Hopefully we've gotten lucky with Heyer and Rinehart, and we really only need one or two more new OL's this offseason to get our OL back up to speed (I think Samuels still has a couple of more good years left in him). I've we've swung and missed on those two guys then we're staring a major OL rebuild right in the face, with probably another year of spotty-at-best OL play.

Well said. Rinho was good in preseason as a guard. He was slow as a tackle (That was against 2nd-3rd string personell). Kendall was one of the bright spots on the line last year (Minus his muff catch-fumble that cost us the game). Thomas was still adequate, so Rhino wasnt going to see playing time. He is not going to be a tackle. He's too slow. We draft a RT, and center and I think we set on the line. Plug Rhino in at LG. We could have Heyer for depth and Jansen could provide some depth along the line also.

Uh, yes he was. That was Vinny's first draft.

That's true. Snyder fired Casserly in 1999, but Casserly left the team with 3 first round picks in the 2000 draft. Cerrato used the first of those (the second overall) to pick Lavar Arrington, and bundled the next two to move up to the third overall pick to get Chris Samuels.

Reinhart to me gets a bad wrap since he wasn't active but tell me this; who would you have deactivated for him on the o-line? To me, he's a left guard and I'm basing this off of where he played in the preseason prior to Heyer's injury. So who goes inactive?

1. You need the backup Center so Geisinger is in...

2. Whoever wasn't starting between Heyer and Jansen was in....

3. Fabini was active for parts of the season because he could backup at guard or tackle.

So my question then is where did you want Reinhart to go? If Kendall went down he would have been active and possibly starting the next week but unfortunately for Chad he was playing behind one of the few solid guys on our line.....

:applause: 100% agree.

He missed out in the numbers game based on others versatility & experience at centre & tackle. He was hardly going to back-up LT was he ? We tried Geisinger at that for one series & it didn't look too pretty. In fact, I don't think he was seen again as he headed to IR....

I actually think Kendall may hang around, and having him & Reinhart on the roster for LG seems alright to me for 2009.

PS - Go checkout the pre draft bio on Malcolm Kelly. It 'compares him' to Larry Fitz. Who would have thought that, eh :D

There was no reason not to give Rinehart reps once the team was effectively eliminated after the Bengals game.

Once again the Redskins came up with a 'focus on today', the 'heck with tomorrow' formula that has so often pervaded the team over the past 10 years.

A really secure NFL Head Coach would be more interested in developing his players and evaluating them in what had become a non-playoff year instead of looking for one additional meaningless victory.

So what if the Redskins had gone 7-9 instead of 8-8?

Bill Walsh went 2-14. Jimmy Johnson went 1-15.

If you aren't going to be in the postseason the record is meaningless.

There was no reason not to give Rinehart reps once the team was effectively eliminated after the Bengals game.

Once again the Redskins came up with a 'focus on today', the 'heck with tomorrow' formula that has so often pervaded the team over the past 10 years.

A really secure NFL Head Coach would be more interested in developing his players and evaluating them in what had become a non-playoff year instead of looking for one additional meaningless victory.

So what if the Redskins had gone 7-9 instead of 8-8?

Bill Walsh went 2-14. Jimmy Johnson went 1-15.

If you aren't going to be in the postseason the record is meaningless.

I don't know if the only issue was job security. If San Fran had sacked and injured JC in a 'meaningless' game, and if the sack was Rinehart's fault, then I think we'd all be kinda upset at Zorn for playing him.

This is where I disagree with many people about the OL. I think the major issue was that nobody (including Chris Samuels) DOMINATED this year. Everybody made their own set of mistakes (and Jon Jansen made a whole lot of them), so its really hard to single out anybody to get benched.

So as much of a fan of Rinehart as I am, I don't want him to get a chance 'just because'. Kendall was playing OK and didn't deserve to be benched. And people have complained about Thomas, but I didn't really see him doing a piss poor job either.

I think in the end he wasn't playing because of a numbers game. People may not like to admit it, but we have two (maybe 3 if you count Geisinger) young guys on the OL who should be contributing to this team in the near future.

Archived