Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per. PFT...DEVIN THOMAS IN SKINS’ DOGHOUSE?

markmx

I guess that explains why he hasn't been out there in a lot during the season.

You have to be able to trust that the WR will make plays. He did make a couple of

decent plays,but he also made a lot of mistakes. Running shallow routes, committing

offensive PI, and having a couple of drops when thrown to.

So I guess you didn't watch any games since DT was out there in every single one.

When did he say this? Do you have a link and specific source? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I don't remember Zorn praising Thomas.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Thomas_Eager_to_Prove_His_Worth_31000.jsp

'Zorn encouraged Thomas to focus in on route depths and break points.

By season’s end, Zorn said he developed more trust in Thomas.

“Devin has been playing faster,” Zorn said. “[i’m] feeling good about where he is going and the speed that he is playing with. He’s more confident.” '

Yeah, I read that in the Post; the PFT guys are just regurgitating old news.

According to Zorn, Thomas was making strides by season's end. So maybe JLC is just voicing his characteristically bleak depictions of things, or maybe he's right. The truth, I’m sure, lies somewhere in between.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Thomas_Eager_to_Prove_His_Worth_31000.jsp

'Zorn encouraged Thomas to focus in on route depths and break points.

By season’s end, Zorn said he developed more trust in Thomas.

“Devin has been playing faster,” Zorn said. “[i’m] feeling good about where he is going and the speed that he is playing with. He’s more confident.” '

I'm actaully asking for a direct quote, not a quote open for interpretation. Did Zorn say at season's end, "Devin is making strides."

Watch out OP, I posted an article similar to this one a few days ago and rec'd an NNT.

Actually, you're implication that you were NNT'ed because of the article you posted is not only absurdly wrong, it violates a another forum rule of making false assertions and accusations regarding a board management action, and also infers it was simply the topic of the article that got you on NNT. For that, you will get a brief break from posting.

I was not the mod involved, but here are the actual facts from your user notes:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=277907

Improperly formatted.

Already a thread.

And had just already moved 2 of his mock draft threads to the Mock Draft Forum.

You clealy choose to not learn enough about what flies and what doesn't on this forum in order to protect all your membership privileges. This, even though you, like everyone, agree to learn and follow the forum rules and guidelines when you register.

In your user notes are five actions taken against your account for several rule violations and involving four (!) different moderators. Interestingly, they even inlcude a previous NNT you were later released from, and a number of breaks you've also been given.

Your membership here should be important enough for you to care about the un-needed work you create for the staff, and that you should have to learn and follow the same rules others do, but when those things appear to be unimportant to you, then your membership privileges of reading and posting on the site should be considered equally unimportant. None of us want that, you're a Redskins fan. :) We want you to "get it" and be a good member and remain a good football poster. At this point, experience suggests "warnings" would only be unproductive, so after you return from this short break, let's hope that this is our last such issue. :):cheers:

I stopped reading JLC's article when it said "If the Redskins had taken Eddie Royal, who fit the mold of the big, target receiver they were seeking,"

Apparently at 5'10" and 182lbs Royal is a big target receiver.

As far as DT goes, I thought he showed a lot of effort on special teams and seemed to be doing pretty well blocking when he was on the field at the end of the year. Also, I think its important to remember Zorn criticized the wide receiver corps all year long, not just DT. If some of the veterans on the team are struggling with routes, you'd expect an unpolished rookie to make similar mistakes. I think this offseason will tell a lot about out rookies, and their demeanor when they get to camp will be a true representation whether or not they are determined to get better.

First Off I don't know what kind of person Devin Thomas is, but we all know what kind of reporter JLC is. In the same article JLC said the Skins should have taken Eddie Royal who fits the mold of a big receiver. Royal is freakin 5'10 180 LBS. He also said we should have taken a Dlineman like Phillip Merling even though the Dolphins took him before we even picked in the 2nd round. Maybe Devin Thomas is a complete punk, but I'm not buying it until I hear it from someone who can actually get his facts straight. I mean does this moron have a fact checker.

Yes, the same Devin Thomas who worked his ass off on special teams and was a more-than-willing blocker - doing anything he could to see playing time. And a swagger that seemed undeserved? Who doesn't want a receiver with swagger? You can't succeed in this league if you don't have an extreme confidence in your abilities.

It is absolutely ridiculous that some/most of Redskins fans are already writing off Thomas, not to mention Kelly and Davis as well. You want to build through the draft, yet you won't wait to let them develop.

as much as everyone seems to dislike JLC. has anyone seen anything from Thomas to contradict his assessment of him? I doubt it cause we've all been watching the same games.

Anytime any of the veterans talk about the young recievers they always talk about Kelly--never thomas.

It doesnt mean thomas wont eventually be a decent reciever, but at the moment hes more bust than a good pick.

as much as everyone seems to dislike JLC. has anyone seen anything from Thomas to contradict his assessment of him? I doubt it cause we've all been watching the same games.

Anytime any of the veterans talk about the young recievers they always talk about Kelly--never thomas.

It doesnt mean thomas wont eventually be a decent reciever, but at the moment hes more bust than a good pick.

Maybe they're talking up Kelly because he hasn't been in?

Maybe they're trying to keep his spirits up, because he's been injured and unable to play so they're supporting him publicly?

Maybe they're not even really thinking of that specifically but they might feel bad for the guy because he's been catching some flack in the media because of his knees and he hasn't been able to get in and prove the critics wrong.

Don't forget DT only spent one year in DI Football, he was a JuCo transfer...so he's probably even more raw than Kelly. Plus guys on the team watch college football, they probably saw more of what MK can do since he was playing for longer on a better team.

Until someone on that WR corp can challenge him, he's not going to work hard. Why would he. One of the veteran pros is one of the worst PR in the league and just a role player on the offense. The other starting WR is has apparently become more interested in promoting himself then mentoring his rookie teammates. Why would this surprise anyone regardless of whether it is truth or not? Any other team would have benched him b/c they wouldn't have had to rely on a rookie to contribute. We had two choices as our "third option" at wideout, put Thrash in or put Devin Thomas in as the third receiver. Woops :doh: I just pray that Malcolm Kelly is healthy next year and can contribute. His success, if he is successful, will force a guy like D. Thomas to work. What's that old saying?....Competition breeds success or whatever.

HTTR

Absolutely. I just hope that VC/DS will build our OL and DL though FA and the draft and not spend draft picks on a WR. I am not on the JC bandwagon, but it appears that the Skins brass will give JC another shot next year. It will be interesting to see how JC can do with a better OL giving him more time to view the field. Realistically, I'd like to see and honest QB competition given to both JC and CB in camp next year. Cheers.

What makes you think that the OL will be any better next year, even if we draft five first round O-linemen?

Did they write a similar article on Chad Johnson after his rookie season? Santana? Steve Smith? Brandon Marshall? Reggie Wayne? I could keep going on and on but you get the point. We all know that most WRs take a season or more to develop.

WAY too soon to start calling the man a bust.

There are 15 WR's playing today that produced 700 rec. yards in their rookie year. Drop that number to 500 and the number really jumps up. It is a myth, pure myth, to not expect a rookie WR to put up more then 150 yards of rec my friend. Obviously Kelly has knee issue's so we are right back to where we were last year, no proven big WR's on the roster.

I like the improvement I've seen from Thomas, and was livid that Zorn would not call more plays in his direction as the season progressed. I expect good things from Thomas next year, if he's properly utilized, and if not then as soon as Zorn is gone.

I don't think ppl should over react Devin is about 22 years old he's still learning to take pride in his work. with a little guidance he will make the transition into a proffesional just fine. He obviously has the physical tools we just have to stand by him as he matures. Don't put him in the dog house for acting his age, someone needs to take him under their wing, maybe Moss, and help him out.

sign of the times..... reason we are in the mess as a country that we are now.

Me, me, me, me, me,.... I want more for me. What!? I have to do something to get more for me???? WHHHHHAAAAT??!!!...... this must be some kind of joke!

McMansions in the suburbs... Madoff scandal... Banks taking billions and doing nothing in return...

it's all part of the same problem....

which is "Entitlement"... you are entitled to NOTHING... you must work for it. Or at least should be.

There are 15 WR's playing today that produced 700 rec. yards in their rookie year. Drop that number to 500 and the number really jumps up. It is a myth, pure myth, to not expect a rookie WR to put up more then 150 yards of rec my friend. Obviously Kelly has knee issue's so we are right back to where we were last year, no proven big WR's on the roster.

Who cares what every other teams wr did their rookie year? We have Thomas, he obviously has the physical skills, and with the right coaching and team around him he will blossom into a star. We have to believe in our young players even when they struggle. He's young, he under achieved this year, but if we stick with him I'm confident he'll be a great player. Thomas and Kelly have their own careers to play out I'm not worried about all the non Redskin wrs.

Maybe they're talking up Kelly because he hasn't been in?

Maybe they're trying to keep his spirits up, because he's been injured and unable to play so they're supporting him publicly?

Maybe they're not even really thinking of that specifically but they might feel bad for the guy because he's been catching some flack in the media because of his knees and he hasn't been able to get in and prove the critics wrong.

Don't forget DT only spent one year in DI Football, he was a JuCo transfer...so he's probably even more raw than Kelly. Plus guys on the team watch college football, they probably saw more of what MK can do since he was playing for longer on a better team.

Maybe youre analyzing this wayyy too much.

Well, this article is a bit disturbing. If it is true as stated, how could our scouts not pick up on this type of attitude? He clearly would have displayed prior to the draft...so I can only hope the Skins recognized this maturity issue when they drafted DT and were confident it was something they could work with to overcome and successfully develop him....

Who cares what every other teams wr did their rookie year? We have Thomas, he obviously has the physical skills, and with the right coaching and team around him he will blossom into a star. We have to believe in our young players even when they struggle. He's young, he under achieved this year, but if we stick with him I'm confident he'll be a great player. Thomas and Kelly have their own careers to play out I'm not worried about all the non Redskin wrs.

Well for one I care because the way you make an educated guess on how a player will pan out is to look at what his peers did at the sametime. There are obviously different circumstances for each player but to say that red flags shouldn't be raised after year one is again just the typical Redskin approach to everything.

Archived