Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per. PFT...DEVIN THOMAS IN SKINS’ DOGHOUSE?

markmx

Well, this article is a bit disturbing. If it is true as stated, how could our scouts not pick up on this type of attitude? He clearly would have displayed prior to the draft...so I can only hope the Skins recognized this maturity issue when they drafted DT and were confident it was something they could work with to overcome and successfully develop him....

You have a good point. In the second round they drafted an immature WR and another WR who they knew had a knee injury. Makes you wonder about the decision making process...

let's face the truth.

Vinny sat home and read the Sports Illustrated draft preview where Devin Thomas was rated as one of the top receivers coming out and when he was still available at #34, he selected him.

There was no due diligence conducted by the team on the player.

Otherwise, the same questions that kept ANY receivers from being taken in the first round (and the Rams taking Avery at #32) would have been considered by the Redskins.

This was JUST like the selection of Taylor Jacobs in 2003.

Cerrato said he was a first round talent but everyone else passed on him and Cerrato thought he got an outright steal.

Until he saw the player on the practice field in the minicamps, then he realized what the team had.

The Redskins kept him around for 3 seasons so as to avoid the embarrassment of having to release a top draft pick.

You have a good point. In the second round they drafted an immature WR and another WR who they knew had a knee injury. Makes you wonder about the decision making process...

well...ummm...yea!

this is one time I'm onboard with the homers: I sure hope not (vis the decision process)!

Meh! A couple months off and back to work is no big deal, even for a rookie. I'd be willing to be that's ALL Thomas and Kelly will take off. Remember, rookies aren't used to the rigors of the NFL so they need the rest, just as vets do, but for a different reason.

It's WAY too early to label these guys as busts. It's also a sin for PFT to use JLC as any kind of source or for both to EVER be mentioned together.

Now, I personally have more confidence in Malcolm Kelly than Devin Thomas. Like the article says, everything you hear about Malcolm Kelly is he's well liked and a hard worker, while also skilled. I truly think that had he been healthy all year, he'd have been more productive than Thomas.

let's face the truth.

Vinny sat home and read the Sports Illustrated draft preview where Devin Thomas was rated as one of the top receivers coming out and when he was still available at #34, he selected him.

There was no due diligence conducted by the team on the player.

Otherwise, the same questions that kept ANY receivers from being taken in the first round (and the Rams taking Avery at #32) would have been considered by the Redskins.

This was JUST like the selection of Taylor Jacobs in 2003.

Cerrato said he was a first round talent but everyone else passed on him and Cerrato thought he got an outright steal.

Until he saw the player on the practice field in the minicamps, then he realized what the team had.

The Redskins kept him around for 3 seasons so as to avoid the embarrassment of having to release a top draft pick.

And if Devin Thomas becomes a pro-bowl Wideout in his third year, will you come back to eat your crow?

Charlie Casserley was skewered because he took Mario Williams over Vince Young or Reggie Bush. Looks like that decision is turning out pretty well.

And if I remember correctly, it was Spurrier who wanted Jacobs. Snyder wanted Anquan Boldin.

Archived