Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Trade Chart - ADDED Draft Order

TK

I'm fighting the urge to do a math > BigMike tag right now. :silly:

just dont put no rage in it...the MODs hate that!! ;)

and it wasnt that I couldnt do math, i just didnt know the formula. cut me some slack TK, Im busy dealing with important issues like hot girls, music selection and making Predicto go insane.

I understand the point system, about how if you want pick #X, you need to give up #Y and #Z, etc.

But who, or what, came up with the numbers? I can picture a large computer at the NFL HQs just plugging away numbers and magically coming up with this chart... but that can't be right, can it?

Actually, I believe it was Jimmy Johnson that was credited with coming up with a point based value chart for draft picks. And after that, well it is a copycat league. :)

Not sure why anyone gets excited for the Skins come draft time. They always manage to disappoint............

Well, this last draft, the Skins drafted 10 players. Did you think that these guys would produce in the first year? The Skins have money wrapped up in older guys. I think they are trying to get away from that, but nobody sees it. Davis, Thomas, and Kelly have to produce. Yoder and ARE may be in trouble. I don't see them here. Several other vets will hit the street. Lets see how it pans out.

I do think that most teams have their own charts now since a lot of trades over the last two years don't make any sense based on the old Jerry Jones model.

But...yea....read the chart before you post.

I've got a project that just might be up your alley if you're interested. :)

Well, this last draft, the Skins drafted 10 players. Did you think that these guys would produce in the first year? The Skins have money wrapped up in older guys. I think they are trying to get away from that, but nobody sees it. Davis, Thomas, and Kelly have to produce. Yoder and ARE may be in trouble. I don't see them here. Several other vets will hit the street. Lets see how it pans out.

Well when WR from other teams drafted lower outperformed them combined then yes.

The fact is we suck at drafting. We got nothing from our first three picks last year. That is a complete waste.

The sad thing is if we were not going to get any production from those picks why even draft WR??? The WR class of this year is so much better then last years. Now our WR's are going to be outperformed by the WR's in this draft :(

I am starting to wonder does anyone at redskin park have a clue on how to project specific positions and how they will be in years to come instead of just reading what is online.

Question:

Does the chart change if you are trading picks from a future draft?

For example, if I wanted the first overall pick in this years draft, does the first overall pick in next years draft have the same value?

This is probably me just over thinking to even get into this scenario, but I was just curious.

Question:

Does the chart change if you are trading picks from a future draft?

For example, if I wanted the first overall pick in this years draft, does the first overall pick in next years draft have the same value?

This is probably me just over thinking to even get into this scenario, but I was just curious.

I'm not positive, but I've heard most teams value future picks as if they were a round later. For example, your 1st rounder in 2010 would have the same value as your 2nd rounder in 2009. That's why you see teams giving up future 1st round picks and additional picks to get back into the 1st round of a current draft.

Adds up perfectly to try and trade out of 13 to 20 with Detroit, their 3rd round pick 65 overall, and then swap our 3rd 77 with their 3rd (from dallas) at 84.

Some of the ILB's that will be around with the 13th may not be there at 20 which along with Erine Sims gives detroit something to work with on defense....of course if I'm them I probably keep all of my picks.

For the 10,000th time ARE cannot be cut in 2009 it would cost more against the cap than keeping him.

can you post the one vinny uses?

1st Round: Best Skill Player Available- You can't have too many receivers, it worked for Matt Millen

2nd Round: Aging overrated veteran at the end of career- There's a second round in the draft?

3rd Round: Guard or Tackle-That oughtta hold the ****s

4th round: Aging veteran

5th Round: Traded for box of Magic beans

6th Round: Best Quarterback Available, Jordan Palmer, Colt Brennan one of these guys will be the next Tom Brady

7th Round: Injured Player who will be cut mid season, or whoever Drew Rosenhaus tells me to draft

Any Compensatory picks: Magic Eight ball

To trade up to the first round: Portis our -09 #1, 2010 #1 and Landry

To trade up to the Second round our 2010 2nd round 2009 3rd Round and Rogers

Finally and this is most important: Lose to Dan Snyder at racquetball and keep my job

Archived