Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Trade Chart - ADDED Draft Order

TK

To the original poster of this thread:

well why are you making dumb comments yourself? This chart was drawn up arbitrarily by (Jimmie Johnson?) and is only real because people keep perpetuating it. It's obvious to anyone that the culture of the draft has changed a lot since then - teams no longer want to pay the money to the top end of the draft, so it's obvious the value on the chart is too skewed to the top end, which is why you see so few trades now of teams moving up from the mid and low end of Round 1 up to the top.

So perhaps instead of insulting people before anyone has replied, you can go away and do a bit of thinking yourself eh.

well why are you making dumb comments yourself? This chart was drawn up arbitrarily by (Jimmie Johnson?) and is only real because people keep perpetuating it. It's obvious to anyone that the culture of the draft has changed a lot since then - teams no longer want to pay the money to the top end of the draft, so it's obvious the value on the chart is too skewed to the top end, which is why you see so few trades now of teams moving up from the mid and low end of Round 1 up to the top.

So perhaps instead of insulting people before anyone has replied, you can go away and do a bit of thinking yourself eh.

They make 'em sensitive in England, don't they?

Question. Since the Skins and denver finished at .500, how do they determin who picks first? And the Sts. and Texans pick after the Skins.I thought it was strength of schedule or conference. But the AFC West was really bad this year, so why do they pick ahead of the Skins?

Says the guy labled No New Threads.

Question. Since the Skins and denver finished at .500, how do they determin who picks first? And the Sts. and Texans pick after the Skins.I thought it was strength of schedule or conference. But the AFC West was really bad this year, so why do they pick ahead of the Skins?

We beat better teams when we won.

Great idea. Now who is going to make the chart that assigns points to all our players under contract next year? :) That is the only way to eliminate the other half of the stupid trade scenario threads!

Like the ones that suggest trading Carlos Rogers for a 2nd and 4th. What we end up getting is basically and unknown entity of a 2nd round CB, and then a 4th rounder to address another need.

And what you get out of Carlos is a little better then average CB that gives too big of cushions so the WRs hook up at the chains for 1st down after 1st down after 1st down.

I REALLY hate this table.

In trading future picks it's perfectly fine, but in the heat of the draft I think you have to throw the damn thing out the window. If you're on the clock and not 100% sold on the guy you're about to pull the trigger on, you take the best offer that's on the table, because at that point you're not talking about a pick, you're talking about an actual player whom you have scouted and pretty much know everything about the guy. This is ESPECIALLY if you have the #1 overall pick.

It drives me nuts when teams try to work a trade for months and then just resolve to taking a guy. Trade down, get more picks.

We only have 4 total picks in the whole thing. If they want more picks they will have no choice but to trade down for more picks but if they thing that can get somone with that pick that could make an immediate impact on the team ie. offensive lineman then I would go ahead and take it. I seriously think you are going to see a big trade or a draft day trade from the Skins also.

We are now updating the NFL Mock Draft Database daily and sometimes a few times per day. We now have 120 mock drafts listed and 68 of which have been updated in January.

Of the recent mocks, the popular choice is becoming oT Jason Smith, although I don't think we stay put at 13.

Also, vote in the new poll on who you think will be the first QB taken int he NFL draft.

What I would love to see the Skins do this offseason!

Cut James Thrash

Cut Phillip Daniels

Rework contracts of Chris Samuels, Shawn Springs, Ladell Betts, Andre Carter, Jason Taylor, Santana Moss, Antwan Randle-El, LaRon Landry, London Fletcher, Fred Smoot, Casey Rabach & Chris Cooley to free up cap space. (Players usually like reworking their contracts, because they get more of their money up front)

Trade 1st Round #13 pick to Minnesota for

1st Round #23, 2nd Round #55, 5th Round #151 & 7th Round #205

Trade 1st Round #23 & 7th Round #205 to Dolphins for

2nd Round #45 and 2nd Round #58

Trade Jon Jansen to Kansas City for 6th Round Pick #163

Trade Cornelius Griffin to Cleveland for 6th Round Pick #165

Trade Randy Thomas to Detroit for 7th Round Pick #193

Trade Marcus Washington to Cincinnati for 7th Round Pick #198

2nd Round #45 – Brian Cushing (OLB) USC or Clint Sintim (OLB) Virginia

2nd Round #55 – Eben Britton (OT) Arizona or Troy Kropog (OT) Tulane

2nd Round #58 – Jonathan Luigis © Arkansas or Alex Mack © California

3rd Round #77 – Devin Moore (RB) Wyoming

5th Round #141 – Jason Williams (OLB) Western Illinois

5th Round #151 – Louie Sekoda (K) Utah

6th Round #163 – Chris Baker (DT) Hampton

6th Round #165 – Cecil Newton © Tennessee State

6th Round #173 – Stephen McGee (QB) Texas A&M

7th Round #193 – Darryl Richard (DT) Georgia Tech

7th Round #198 – Travis Bright (OG) BYU

Rookie Free Agent – DeAndre Wright (CB) New Mexico

Rookie Free Agent – Glover Quin (CB) New Mexico

Rookie Free Agent – David Johnson (FB) Arkansas State

Rookie Free Agent – Mike Wallace (WR) Mississippi

Rookie Free Agent – Dominique Edison (WR) Stephen F Austin

Rookie Free Agent – Brett Helms © LSU

Rookie Free Agent – Eric Vanden Huevel (OT) Wisconsin

Rookie Free Agent – Cedric Dockery (OG) Texas (Hoping he doesn’t get drafted and remotely resembles his brother)

Yes, I know I'm dreaming on the following, but hopefully the Skins will pick up 1 maybe 2 of the following!

Sign Julius Peppers (DE) Carolina in Free Agency

Sign Albert Haynesworth (DT) Tennessee in Free Agency

Sign Devery Henderson (WR) New Orleans in Free Agency

Sign Khalif Barnes (OT) Jacksonville in Free Agency

Sign Jason Brown (OG/C) Baltimore in Free Agency

Re-Sign DeAngelo Hall (CB) Washington in Free Agency

2009 Redskins Depth Chart

Yes, move Springs to FS and Landry back to SS. Remember the Skins were playing a lot of 3 safety sets at the end of the year, so Horton will still be on the field a lot.

QB – Jason Campbell / Colt Brennan / Todd Collins

RB – Clinton Portis / Ladell Betts / Devin Moore ® / Rock Cartwright

FB – Mike Sellers

WR –Devin Thomas / Malcom Kelly / Santana Moss / Devery Henderson / Antwan Randle-El

TE – Chris Cooley / Fred Davis / Todd Yoder

LOT – Chris Samuels / Eben Britton ® / Stephon Heyer

LOG – Jason Brown / Justin Geisinger / Devin Clark

C – Casey Rabach / Jonathan Luigis ® / Justin Geisinger

ROG – Chad Rinehart / Devin Clark / Justin Geisinger

ROT – Khalif Barnes / Stephon Heyer / Eben Britton ®

LDE – Julius Peppers / Jason Taylor / Rob Jackson

DT – Albert Haynesworth / Anthony Montgomery /

DT – Kedric Golston / Chris Baker ® / Darryl Richard ®

RDE – Andre Carter / Alex Buzbee / Chris Wilson

SOLB –Brian Cushing ® / Khary Campbell

MLB – London Fletcher / H.B. Blades

WOLB – Rocky McIntosh / Jason Williams ®

LCB – DeAngelo Hall / Fred Smoot / Justin Tryon

FS – Shawn Springs / Kareem Moore

SS – LaRon Landry / Chris Horton

RCB – Carlos Rogers / Fred Smoot / DeAndre Wright ®

P – Ryan Plackemeier

K – Louie Sekoda ®

LS – Ethan Albright

Kickoff Returner – Rock Cartwright / Devin Moore ®

Punt Returner – Santana Moss / Antwan Randle-El

55 Total Players

Practice Squad Players

Pick 8 of below 10 players for practice squad

Stephen McGee ® – QB

Glover Quin ® – CB

Mike Wallace ® - WR

Dominique Edison ® – WR

Cecil Newton ® – C

Brett Helms ® – C

Travis Bright ® – OG

Eric Vanden Huevel ® – OT

Cedrick Dockery ® - OG

David Johnson ® - FB

So the Redskins have (I'm not sure if this is official)

Rnd1-13 V=1,150

Rnd3-16 V= 190

Rnd5-14 V= 35

Rnd6-13 V= 22.2

TOTAL=1,397.2

Which means we could trade the 1st, 3rd, & 6th for the number 9 pick and maybe a 7th rounder from the Packers.

Or 1st & 3rd for the #10 from the 49ers and get their 5th rounder as well.

Or give it all away and maybe move up to 8th if Jacksonville is feeling kind.

So I guess this means we will draft at #13 or go lower, cause none of those make any sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking at the team stats, the ufa's, the combines, and the 4-3/WCO needs. Here's what I've determined:

1. We have to draft offense. We have to sign offensive free-agents. We have to trade for offense. My propensity for defense leads me to focus on our lack pf pass rush, but our defense is good. The reason that we weren't successful last year was that we didn't score. Period. So:

a. "The West Coast offense requires a quarterback who throws extremely accurately, and often blindly, very close to opposing players. In addition, it requires the quarterback to be able quickly to pick one of 5 receivers to throw to — much more quickly than previously used systems. Often, the quarterback cannot think about the play, but instead reacts instinctively — and thus is often under the control of the offensive coordinator, calling the plays for him." This is NOT Jason Campbell. It is also not Todd Collins - resigning him was a huge mistake. Even if they could make something happen, Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman don't fit this bill either. I don't know that they fill this void in the offseason, and our best bet may be to implement Colt Brennan before the 09 season ends. I hate to say it, but MIchael Vick may be a legitimate option - short term. If Favre or Plummer come out of retirement (again) they are also options.

b. "Also, the West Coast offense requires sure-handed receivers comfortable catching in heavy traffic, and the system downplays speedy, larger receivers who are covered easily in short yardage situation. One result has been the longevity of receivers in the West Coast system (such as the notable Jerry Rice) because a decline in speed is not as harmful, when, in "stretch the field" systems, a receiver who loses a step is a major liability. Finally, receivers must follow precise, complicated routes as opposed to innovation; so subservient, intelligent players are valued more than independent, pure athletes."

So, I have been wrong in criticizing our WR choices. But, I don't know if Tana is the right choice for this offense. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Bobby Engram - and as much as I love Anquan, I don't know that he fits the bill either. I thought they'd make a FA play for Houshmenzadeh, now I don't think so.

c. ""WCO" systems also rely on agile running backs that catch the ball as often as they run. Roger Craig was a leading receiver for the 49ers for many years and was a 1,000 yard rusher and 1,000 yard receiver in the 1985 season." I know you like Knowshown for us. Andre Brown is so hot right now. But, it seems that LeSean McCoy seems to be the ideal guy for our needs. Unfortunately, he probably won't be available when we have the chance to take him.

2. Having said all of that; notice that I did not mention an offensive lineman, which many experts are pegging us to take, and I did not mention a defensive lineman, which all the other experts are pegging us to take. Here's my reasoning:

a. I think that we can fill the voids on the O-Line in the 3rd-7th rounds and/or through free agency. With the return of a healthy Chris Samuels, I think that the inability of our most important offensive player, QB, to perform what is expected of him, the other needs are secondary.

b. In the 4-3, the run-stopping MLB and the pass-rushing DE are the two most important players are on the field. We are good at the MLB, at least for 2009. DE is a completely different story, Jason Taylor is NOT our answer. Unfortunately, I don't see Brian Orakpo being the guy either. I like him, but I don't see him being able to produce 10+ sacks in our scheme. I want to know how we can get George Selvie next year - without going 2-14. The other thing is - what DE, from a 4-3 scheme, is avaliable through free agency? Answer: none.

Verdict: I think we need to trade out of 13 - pick up a couple of picks, maybe a 1 in '10. I think we look to move up to a spot where we can get McCoy. I think we look at alot of guys who can play some games at G/C in rounds 3-7. We have to get someone to play DE - this may require a trade and cost us some picks.

Archived