Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things you learned from watching C.S.I.

BALLz

First off, let me say I am a fan of all 3 shows. Vegas is my fav followed by NY then Miami. But here are a few things I've learned from these shows....

-No matter how many times a car is detailed, one, and only one, hair or thread will be left behind.

-It is possible to zoom in on someones face with the cameras on top of the Empire State Building.

-There are no cops in Miami, CSIs handle any and all police work.

-Bullets lodged in trees can be removed with plastic tweezers.

-DNA results are never available until the exact moment someone asks for them.

-99% of crimes are solved within a single day.

-When entering a building/home in Miami, it is nessecary to hold your fire arm as close to your face as possible.

-Heels and white skin tight, lowcut shirts are the required attire for female CSIs at a crime scene.

This is what a could come up with of the top of my head. Please feel free to add some more.

For CSI Vegas you left out

- They always have to keep the lights off at a crime scene so they can use their cool little flashlights.

Seriously WTF? that just bugs me to no end LOL We have a friend who is a detective with PG County, and he said that show is a joke. We still watch it though :)

A couple times, I've seen that the police have photo processing software so powerful, that they can zoom in on some regular joe's digital photo and ID a suspect reflected in sunglasses; or in one case, reflected off somebody's iris. So they zoom in, and instead of 4 huge pixels filling the screen, they can get a recognizable face. Cool, huh?

Oh and to go off the single day thing, I also found out that DNA tests do not take days or weeks, like we've been led to believe in real cases. They can be done on the spot as soon as the CSI get's back to the station.

meh, how many episodes they made. I will never be that lucky to be one of the ones who got away. Matter of fact it will just be my luck that I think I got away but then something crazy happens and I get caught :(

What you do is travel to some town hundreds of miles away from your hometown, to a place you have no association with, commit the crime, then leave town without a trace, and you have no connections to the town or people there, that the cops can trace you to.

And of course, only do this, if you do not have any fingerprints or DNA on file with the police criminal database.

And you're set.

Not that I've done this.....or condone it.

I've also learned that even the smartest criminals, who go to great effort to commit the perfect crime, can be tricked into confessing. They will never think ahead to reasonable doubt in court, they will just spill their guts and confess.

"We found a fiber from your pants beside your girlfriend's body!"

"****! You caught me! That ***** had it coming. She was sleeping around, but she got hers - and good!....Oh, what?....yeah, I take that back....SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND, MAN! I'm over at her house wearing my pants on a regular basis. Unless you've got a time and date stamp on that thread you've got nothing!

What you do is travel to some town hundreds of miles away from your hometown, to a place you have no association with, commit the crime, then leave town without a trace, and you have no connections to the town that the cops can trace you to.

And of course, only do this, if you do not have any fingerprints or DNA on file with the police criminal files.

And you're set.

Not that I've done this.....or condone it.

:laugh: :paranoid:
I've also learned that even the smartest criminals, who go to great effort to commit the perfect crime, can be tricked into confessing. They will never think ahead to reasonable doubt in court, they will just spill their guts and confess.

"We found a fiber from your pants beside your girlfriend's body!"

"****! You caught me! That ***** had it coming. She was sleeping around, but she got hers - and good!....Oh, what?....yeah, I take that back....SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND, MAN! I'm over at her house wearing my pants on a regular basis. Unless you've got a time and date stamp on that thread you've got nothing!

:laugh:

Archived