Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I can't believe people still say this!? Now, Jason Campbell I don't think can ever be anything more then just a "good" quarterback. (Not saying he is a good quarterback now...but he could one day become one)

But this "locking into one reciever" thing is the stupidest thing anyone has said about Campbell. Yeah , he holds onto the ball too long and doesn't get rid of it...but I notice on almost every play he goes through his progressions. I also record the games and rewatch them and most of the time when he drops back to pass he looks right, looks left, and makes a decision.

I mean I'm not defending Campbell, but its pathetic that SO many people use this argument about him when its not even true. :doh:

I agree with you that JC looks at his primary receiver, gets ready to throw, decides against it, looks at his 2nd or maybe his 3rd option. However, it's the timing of all this that leads to him getting pressured and then getting sacked or trying to throw to the outlet receiver.

If you watch him, when he looks at his 2nd option, he looks too quickly, starts to panick, possibly looks at his 3rd option, determines he's also not worthy of a throw, and then the pass rush is already on top of him. This is a lack of confidence but more importantly, a lack of poise. Then if by miracle, he decides to throw the ball, the defense catches up to the intended player and it gives no opportunity for the play to happen.

It's an never-ending epidemic with him.

I thought Campbell did a great job today. I can't remember ever seeing a QB throw just a great ball at the feet of a wide open TE forcing him to go down to catch it short and keeping him from walking into the endzone.

Campbell had great velocity on the ball when he threw the ball three yards behind Devin Thomas he had a first down, also throwing it short forcing Thomas come back ending up being short of the first down on third down.

Campbell was wonderful the way he stared down Moss so that safety could take a B-line at him then throws the ball ten feet over his head.

I don't know why everybody is saying such terrible things about JC. He's clearly the best QB in the league.

Great Post!!!!

I thought Campbell did a great job today. I can't remember ever seeing a QB throw just a great ball at the feet of a wide open TE forcing him to go down to catch it short and keeping him from walking into the endzone.

Campbell had great velocity on the ball when he threw the ball three yards behind Devin Thomas he had a first down, also throwing it short forcing Thomas come back ending up being short of the first down on third down.

Campbell was wonderful the way he stared down Moss so that safety could take a B-line at him then throws the ball ten feet over his head.

I don't know why everybody is saying such terrible things about JC. He's clearly the best QB in the league.

you win :applause:

START COLT NOW!!!!!! Let's get this kid some real NFL experience with these final 2 games....even if Campbell should remain the starter next season. Should Colt need to enter a game next season due to an injury to Campbell it will be nice that the boy-wonder already has a real game experience.

In addition, I suspect that Colt and Zorn's offense will go together like peanut butter and jelly........who knows? Maybe the kid will convert 3rd downs that haven't been converted in weeks, and actually put TDs on the scoreboard as opposed to FGs.....

umm actually he threw it short to Devin thomas because he ran the route short, they actually said that during the game, I did see campbell look down field a lot today but I guess when receivers cant get open Campbell is suppossed to throw it up then run down and catch it himself. No one is saying hes the best QB in the league, and im still puzzled why everyone thought Zorn was gonna coach him into a pro bowler over one off season. OMG Ben Rothlisberger just under threw a receiver, obviously hes the worst QB in the league... Give it a break, No hes not the best Qb, But the way people talk on the message board as it Colt brennan is the savior, Get over the fantasy of him being our Romo sits to pee. Just like we were gonna win these last 3 games and be the Giants of last year right?

Portis couldn't break 100 yards with 25 carries. The O-line gets the blame for that. Campbell wasn't sacked today, but he didn't have a walk in the park either... Mediocrity was everywhere today.

How does the Jason Campbell kool-aid taste today? It's excuse after excuse after excuse time huh?

Portis couldn't break 100 yards with 25 carries. The O-line gets the blame for that. Campbell wasn't sacked today, but he didn't have a walk in the park either... Mediocrity was everywhere today.

I've seen posts from you consistently defending JC. Why and how are you related to him?

Seriously, I understand if you want JC to be the qb here for the next 10 years but have you really been objective watching this guy play this year and last year? He simply looks no better than any other rookie qb.

Sure he's made some plays over his starting career but the team revolves most around the qb position and he just isn't the guy to do it for us. His career starting record is 16-19. That simply is unacceptable.

I've seen posts from you consistently defending JC. Why and how are you related to him?

Seriously, I understand if you want JC to be the qb here for the next 10 years but have you really been objective watching this guy play this year and last year? He simply looks no better than any other rookie qb.

Sure he's made some plays over his starting career but the team revolves most around the qb position and he just isn't the guy to do it for us. His career starting record is 16-19. That simply is unacceptable.

I'll defend what is worthy of defending. He's not free from criticism, but some of the criticism that's been coming has been not so well-reasoned. Also, your first rhetorical question is nothing but an ad hominem. Now may I ask, what is your purpose in making that statement?

Campbell looked awful today. Even given time to throw the football he is late on his reads and slow to deliver the ball. I wasn't going to pin anything on JC because of how the offensive line played but I think the jury might be out.

He is slow on reads and can barely throw to recievers until they are open--unlike QBs who can throw to recs in anticipation of them being open. His slowness may be attributed to having so many offenses the past few years, but he is def. slow to make his reads

The Raiders are the only ones on that list who'd be desperate enough for Campbell.

On that note, get it done, Vinny. I bet you can get several picks for Campbell. Who am I kidding? Vinny doesn't know how to be on the giving end of a screwjob.

Yeah he does he's been screwing us over for five years

JC had plenty of time today.

Guys were open and he missed them.

No wonder Gregg Williams and Gibbs told Snyder Collins should be the starter during the coaching search.

Not sure what we do at this point. Probably just stay the course but get Colt ready.

I'm not sure to be honest with you, a QB in the NFL has to be able to make reads quickly and throw accurately. Campbell doesn't seem to be able to do this unless he as perfect protection, and that rarely happens in the NFL. He is REALLY inaccurate at times, I saw at least 4 throws today where a guy was open and he wasn't even close.

Lions--maybe

Chiefs--no way, Tyler Thigpen is playing well for 1st year starting...he has 14tds 8int and is only getting better

49ers--maybe, but Hill is playing well

Raiders--they aren't going to give up on Russell after 1 season

Titans--please, they are winning games and also have Young on their roster

JC had plenty of time today.

Guys were open and he missed them.

No wonder Gregg Williams and Gibbs told Snyder Collins should be the starter during the coaching search.

Not sure what we do at this point. Probably just stay the course but get Colt ready.

I agree he missed a few times today but every other person in life is allowed mistakes so why not the redskins QB?..

just as he missed a few recievers..

He had a stretch from the second qtr to the 4th where he was 15-19 with a TD and put us on the 1/4 yardline to take control of the game

He needs to be relieved of his duties. We need to draft a solid QB but the lines need to be redone also. The interior D line is a joke. It's also the fact that two 5 '10 WR's don't cuit it for the WCO.

We have a sh**** WR's corps also. Only Moss is a solid threat every play. El if he could get open.

Archived