Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Colt is not the answer behind this offensive line.

Otherwise I can't wait to see what he can do.

How do you know hes not the answer? He hasnt even stepped on the field. You dont know what he can do. All we know is that he broke many records in college. Actually that should be enough to say well lets give the guy a shot. He may be able to beat the blitz regardless of the Oline. At least enough to make big plays. He also brings a lot to the table as far as leadership goes, his attitude is very ****y and I think we need a QB like that. He might even be the type to get in your face when you drop balls and miss your routes, That is definatly what this offense needs.

We shouldn't let Colt play because it might disrupt the flow of the offense. We might not score more than 10 points if he's in. With Jason our 4 year veteran we can consistantly put up 10 points so there's no need to take him out. :doh:

I laughed

i love everyones fantasy of Colt brennan being our tony Romo sits to pee. Hes not gonna run around like Romo sits to pee and make crazy plays, No they dont have the same delivery Colt Brennans is a lot more side arm, hes playing against real NFL d line man a lot of his passes will be batted down. He has a very week arm, Everyone just loves this kid because he wears a gay visor, has "swagger" and put up great numbers in a QB friendly system. Timmy Chang anyone??? Please watch a highlight of Colt brennan at college throw a 15 yard out he has to crow hop to get the ball there.

i love everyones fantasy of Colt brennan being our tony Romo sits to pee. Hes not gonna run around like Romo sits to pee and make crazy plays, No they dont have the same delivery Colt Brennans is a lot more side arm, hes playing against real NFL d line man a lot of his passes will be batted down. He has a very week arm, Everyone just loves this kid because he wears a gay visor, has "swagger" and put up great numbers in a QB friendly system. Timmy Chang anyone??? Please watch a highlight of Colt brennan at college throw a 15 yard out he has to crow hop to get the ball there.

Seriously? Timmy Chang couldn't hold Brennan's jock strap.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809b832b

His arm looks pretty good to me.

I mean what are u suggesting then? To continue with JC i guess. I have seen Campbell for 3 or 2 1/2 years and i see the same QB i seen 3 to 2 1/2 ago. Lets give him 3 more years so then i will tell you i see the same QB i seen 6 to 5 1/2 years ago. That would be such a nightmare waist, Specially if we found out Brennan turns out to be the next steve young. No one is saying colt is gonna be a hall of famer but the way our offense is going and the development of campbell, Also the fact that we are done for the season. What is there to lose? Why dont you understand that?

I mean what are u suggesting then? To continue with JC i guess. I have seen Campbell for 3 or 2 1/2 years and i see the same QB i seen 3 to 2 1/2 ago. Lets give him 3 more years so then i will tell you i see the same QB i seen 6 to 5 1/2 years ago. That would be such a nightmare waist, Specially if we found out Brennan turns out to be the next steve young. No one is saying colt is gonna be a hall of famer but the way our offense is going and the development of campbell, Also the fact that we are done for the season. What is there to lose? Why dont you understand that?

Exactly. People are bashing him, but at this point in the season, why the hell not throw him in? If he isn't going to cut it in the NFL we would find out real quick.

i love everyones fantasy of Colt brennan being our tony Romo sits to pee...

Everyone just loves this kid because he wears a gay visor, has "swagger" and put up great numbers in a QB friendly system.

Isn't the system we have now supposed to be QB friendly? Short passes? Quick releases? Get rid of the ball before you feel any pressure? Sounds pretty simple to me. Certainly a lot less complicated than the Saunders system.

Mechanically Colt Brennan is just not good enough to be a NFL quarterback. And for the optimist that believe that hes the next Tom Brady just because he was drafted in the same round, you guys are idiots. There is a reason why the scouts passed up on him.
This is retarded, if that's the case why did scouts pass on Tom Brady? That is not even a valid point, I say we keep losing with Campbell, so if we lose with Colt at least the guy is getting experience! Jason has no emotion, I like the guy, but he is not a leader at all...he don't get upset and has that winning type instinct. When I watch him play looks like he has that whatever attitude, when the pocket starts closing in on him he gets nervous, like he is afraid to make a mistake, I don't get this team we are so close to becoming great, but so far at the same time, we need something and can not point out what it is.

If you knew ANYTHING at all about the RnS and the QBs that run it, then you would know that Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang wouldn't even compare. Therefore, your opinion about system QBs and Brennan are automatically :doh1:

In the RnS, QBs throw for a ton of yards, TDs, AND INTs and have low completion %. Timmy Chang set the NCAA record for most INT if I remember correctly. He also has a 58% career accuracy. Compare that Brennan's 70% and 131:42 TD-INT ratio. Not to mention he had to play with WAC-caliber teammates against the talents of the PAC-10, Big 10, MWC, Boise State and yes, even the SEC.

The one thing about CB that worries me is that odd side-armed delivery of his. Other than that, what the h*ck, throw him in there against San Francisco if the Redskins are mathematically eliminated by that point. Couldn't hurt just to give the kid some game experience.

Well lets see cause we have no O line we have no receivers, The play calling sucks, I just dont understand how everyone blames campbell for everything. Were learning a hole knew system, it takes time, It takes time to get comfortable. Say what you want its an excuse or whatever but its true, and im not saying campbell is the answer or if hes gonna be great or stay average I dunno but I think he deserves at least two years in the offense and deserves a better O line, Just my opinion is colt brennan is not an NFL Qb and exsp with the weak O line and Weak receiving corps he will struggle. Colt brennan if he ever does, isnt gonna sniff the NFL for a couple years until he fixes his mechanics and learns, Do you guys honestly think hes just gonna step in right now an Our offense is gonna be great just because Colt brennan is in?

To the maker of this thread: How do YOU know that Colt isn't the answer? Are you GOD? Are you Bobby Bethard? Who had ever heard of TONY Romo sits to pee when Dallas acquired him from a small school in the mid-west a few years back? Who had ever heard of Joe Flacco before 1 year ago? Dallas surrounded a lot of talent and playmakers around Romo sits to pee and look at the results. I say BOO to the logic posted by the maker of this thread. It makes all the sense in the world to play COLT BRENNAN for these final 2 games so he can get real game NFL experience for next year.....even if Jason remains the starter next season.

Archived