Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The one thing about CB that worries me is that odd side-armed delivery of his. Other than that, what the h*ck, throw him in there against San Francisco if the Redskins are mathematically eliminated by that point. Couldn't hurt just to give the kid some game experience.

It hasn't worried him or his 74% rating in college and 104% rating in pre-season. Why are you judging him based on something that doesn't look "natural" to you. This doesn't mean it is broken. ;)

It hasn't worried him or his 74% rating in college and 104% rating in pre-season. Why are you judging him based on something that doesn't look "natural" to you. This doesn't mean it is broken. ;)

Sigh...

...actually it does. Zorn himself said it'll have to be fixed, raised slightly higher.

Sigh...

...actually it does. Zorn himself said it'll have to be fixed, raised slightly higher.

I dont think Zorn cares about his sidearm delievery (if I recall, I think Zorn had somewhat of a sidearm delivery himself) as much as he cares about correcting Colt's footwork.

I don't care if Brennan launches the ball from his ass-cannon. As long as the ball gets to where it's suppose to be, then I'd be fine with it.

I dont think Zorn cares about his sidearm delievery (if I recall, I think Zorn had somewhat of a sidearm delivery himself) as much as he cares about correcting Colt's footwork.

Yeah, the footwork is definitely and issue, but I do recall him on video talking about his sidearm motion.

Everyone just loves this kid because he wears a gay visor, has "swagger" and put up great numbers in a QB friendly system..

And what's wrong with a QB who has some "Swagger"??? I think that's just what this team needs!! Someone to play with a little emotion, heart and get excited about football!! These guys mailing it in every week is even more depressing than the losses.. It's the WAY were loosing that's so discouraging.. :(

For all you belly-aching cry babies who want to blame the O-line for Jason's sorry stats: How many NFL games have you people ever watched? Apparently you must think that Colt and every other QB takes as long as Campbell does to set up and pass the football to a receiver. NEWS FLASH: Hmmmm...some QB have the amazing ability to immediately spot an open receiver and ACCURATELY get him the ball!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I'm talking bout the Tony Romos and Bret Favres of the NFL. Sure the Skins line needs to improve, but QBs with a quick release take less hits, and are much harder to sack. I guess it scares you people to death just thinking about the possibility of Brennan getting into a real game and being able to make 3rd down passes (with accuracy....that would be a change) THAT HAVEN'T BEEN MADE IN WEEKS to move the chains......

The people that are ragging on Brennan have their heads stuck up their ass IMHO. During the preseason, admittedly not a perfect barometer, when he went in it seemed to lift the whole team. There's more to football than arm strength. The kid can play and make the players around him play better. There's another thing called field generalship unfortunately something we are sadly lacking. Can we say the same thing about Campbell?? Listen, we're a 10 points per game offensive team. There is very little downside that I can see.

For all of those disappointed and frustrated people, I'm right there with you, Jason Campbell is not the answer, but neither is Colt Brennan. Mechanically Colt Brennan is just not good enough to be a NFL quarterback. And for the optimist that believe that hes the next Tom Brady just because he was drafted in the same round, you guys are idiots. There is a reason why the scouts passed up on him. And for my last point when is the last time somebody from Hawaii especially a quarterback had success in the NFL?

Not sure how you or anyone else can say Colt is or isn't ANYTHING. We don't know what to expect from him, which is exactly why with nothing left to play for he needs some reps so we can make some sort of decision this off-season.

What we DO know is Campbell is a big, huge, steaming pile of donkey dung.

That's all I got to say about that.

How can somebody say colt brennan is not the answer!!!!!!!! honestly, have you seen the way jason campbell; he misses wide open people and does not take shots down the field!!!!!! he plays it safe while colt brennan is known as gunslinger who already pissed off zorn but if you piss off zorn then he is the right man!!!!!!!

Zorn needs to go!!!!!!!!

The people that are ragging on Brennan have their heads stuck up their ass IMHO. During the preseason, admittedly not a perfect barometer, when he went in it seemed to lift the whole team. There's more to football than arm strength. The kid can play and make the players around him play better. There's another thing called field generalship unfortunately something we are sadly lacking. Can we say the same thing about Campbell?? Listen, we're a 10 points per game offensive team. There is very little downside that I can see.

Like Madden said Colt brings a certain level of energy to the field. Something I have not seen JC do.

Well lets see cause we have no O line we have no receivers, The play calling sucks, I just dont understand how everyone blames campbell for everything. Were learning a hole knew system, it takes time, It takes time to get comfortable. Say what you want its an excuse or whatever but its true, and im not saying campbell is the answer or if hes gonna be great or stay average I dunno but I think he deserves at least two years in the offense and deserves a better O line, Just my opinion is colt brennan is not an NFL Qb and exsp with the weak O line and Weak receiving corps he will struggle. Colt brennan if he ever does, isnt gonna sniff the NFL for a couple years until he fixes his mechanics and learns, Do you guys honestly think hes just gonna step in right now an Our offense is gonna be great just because Colt brennan is in?
Dude the offense cant get any worse. We dont think he will come in and be good, but we dont know. You cant keep having excuses for JC this league doesnt wait forever. Why come so many rookies come in and succeed? I have seen QBs change teams and systems many times and succeed. What if brett farve goes to the jets and struggled for 2 years do you think hes gonna sit there and complain and say, oh i had to switch new systems. There is no excuse. Your OPINION is that brennan is not a nfl QB. But a FACT is that when campbell went down last year our offense was way more impressive than it ever was with him behind center. A FACT is that under Gibbs, Saunders, and Zorn campbell looks exactly the same way. This team just seem to lose under campbell. I watched the steeler game tonight and although Big Ben struggled he made the plays down the stretch. Now JCs numbers would have been better than Bens, But the difference is that he wouldnt have made the plays down the stretch. Thats why the WIN/LOSS stat is the only stat that matters.

All quotes from team members have shown the team is behind Campbell. A QB change right now would just kill what's left of team morale, and screw us up going into next season. The appropriate thing to do, if Zorn does believe Campbell is not the answer, is to have an open QB competition next year, and if Colt is better, then he can win the job.

We won't know if he's the answer or not until he plays. What we DO know is that Jason "El Retardo" Campbell is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. I could care less how Colt delivers the ball, we're scoring 10pts per game, we can't possibly get worse.

We won't know if he's the answer or not until he plays. What we DO know is that Jason "El Retardo" Campbell is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. I could care less how Colt delivers the ball, we're scoring 10pts per game, we can't possibly get worse.

Stat wise he's 16th in the NFL, and was in the top 10 before the line went to crap. Try again.

Agreed, but I really do think that Zorn isn't the type to do that (this year, atleast), and we will finish the season with Campbell in, for better or worse

Zorn probably will stick with JC for the rest of the season but there should seriously be an open QB competition in training camp.

IMO, since the season is already done I think we ought to throw him in and see how he works with the 1st string offense. We have nothing to lose. :2cents:

JC was ultimately brought into a bad situation.

What QB plays with good consistency with as much inconsistency as JC has had around him?

Year 1: Rookie. Sat to learn Gibbs system.

Year 2: New system. Sat to learn Saunders system, then started last few games.

Year 3: First year starting. Saunders system limited by Gibbs. Hurt before year end.

Year 4: New system in second year starting. Plays well while offensive line holds up. Declines as offensive line crumbles and opponents figure out offense.

Maybe he isn't the best QB and needs work in certain areas, but he sure as hell is not getting a lot of help around him in terms of consistency in order to learn an offense. I bet after two full years in an offense, reading defenses in his offense and knowing where his receivers are and not staring them down or checking down so much wouldn't be an issue.

All quotes from team members have shown the team is behind Campbell. A QB change right now would just kill what's left of team morale, and screw us up going into next season. The appropriate thing to do, if Zorn does believe Campbell is not the answer, is to have an open QB competition next year, and if Colt is better, then he can win the job.

Understand what you're saying, but what sort of quotes would you expect to be coming from the players? It's the player equivalent of "coach speak".

If Zorn named Colt the starter next week I guarantee you'd hear the players saying "I know Colt will give us a big lift".......and "Colt is super talented and I'm looking forward to seeing him play"........

Crap like that. So very, very predictable. Please don't be so gullible.

Stat wise he's 16th in the NFL, and was in the top 10 before the line went to crap. Try again.

Look at JC's record as a starter, look at his incredible TD numbers and the way our offense is playing. The players obviously have no confidence in JC because they know that he can't read defenses, is slow as F#$@$@ and shows no leadership.

Archived