Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is an evaluation of Jason Campbell before the draft:

Campbell has always had excellent size, good athletic ability and above average arm strength, but his poor decision making skills, lack of poise in the pocket, indecisiveness and erratic arm haunted him early in his collegiate career. Throughout his first three seasons as a starter, Campbell consistently held onto the ball too long, threw too many passes up for grabs when he ...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8754

Looking back on it, it seems very prophetic.

Zorn said early in the season Campbell would lock onto the primary receiver, so Zorn worked on that with him. But then, instead, Campbell almost completely ignored the primary reciever and moved on to the other guys to quickly.

He has the arm and the athleticism, but he doesn't have the intangibles.

We need to work on finding a replacement.

This is an evaluation of Jason Campbell before the draft:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8754

Looking back on it, it seems very prophetic.

Zorn said early in the season Campbell would lock onto the primary receiver, so Zorn worked on that with him. But then, instead, Campbell almost completely ignored the primary reciever and moved on to the other guys to quickly.

He has the arm and the athleticism, but he doesn't have the intangibles.

We need to work on finding a replacement.

Interesting how once he got into the WCO, he didnt have the problem anymore in Auburn ("first three years as starter..."). I wonder what happened in that 4th year that changed that? I guess the WCO? Though, I'm pretty sure Al Borges kept the offensive coaching staff in tact when he got there...

Let's see what Zorn can create in another off-season. If not, it's time we start looking for a replacement.

that Colt will be given the reins. They need a change of pace. I still like Jason but we need someone with quick decision-making. I have a feeling that there are many out there that realize that Jason's confidence is gone.

He still has the potential to be really good but he doesn't have the mojo right now.

I have been big fan of Jason since the beginning. Colt though has the savvy I believe to suceed in this league.

Zorn needs to be more like Baltimore. What I mean by this is that trick or gadget plays need to be implemented more regularly. I say give him one more year to prove himself.

Wait until next year!

Not in the NFL but I'm sure he can compete for a starting job at a divison III school. Like I said JC is a retarded McNabb with no leadership skills.

He reminds me of Banks who played for the redskins. He had all the talent in the world but just didn't have it. I still have faith that he can turn it around.

Yeah. Lets start Colt. Then, people will realize putting faith in 6th rounder is like buying lottery ticket and expecting to hit the jackpot.

Thus, either, it's going to convince people we need to draft 1st / 2nd QB, or people will revert back to wanting Mr. Mediocre. I am hoping it's the 1st.

Season is over already. If Zorn wants to save his job, he needs to change it up. If it were still a possibility that we could make the playoffs, put in Collins. So,hell, give it a chance. Atleast it would be exciting to see If Colt has the mojo. Besides, Campbell needs a rest after being shaken up this game.

Let's just do it!

Interesting how once he got into the WCO, he didnt have the problem anymore in Auburn ("first three years as starter..."). I wonder what happened in that 4th year that changed that? I guess the WCO? Though, I'm pretty sure Al Borges kept the offensive coaching staff in tact when he got there...

It was Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown playing together healthy. They ran almost twice as much as they passed, and Ronnie Brown was #2 in receptions. Cadillac Williams was very close to being #3.

Basically, it was a lot of running the football and dumping it off to the RBs.

Adding more trick or gadget plays does not make sense, they represent a tiny % of the playbook but I think Zorn clearly has little ability to make effective changes to the playcalling and teams are just keying in on this. One thing I regrettably noticed tonight was that Cincy was allowing an ungodly 48 sacks up to this point in the season and yet we didn't even register a single sack against them. Dallas had at least 7 sacks tonight against one of the best O-Lines in the game. Wow, I've forgotten what a sack or even a QB hurry looks like, it's been so long. For all the talk about how great our defense is the simple fact is the front 4 are far, far below average.

back to the OP's point: I don't see why we don't clear the benches at this stage, we're not even playing for pride now because we obviously don't care that much about winning (I'll give Fletcher and a couple others a pass here but it's clear we've mailed in the season now). It's a great time to give F. Davis, the other WRs and Rinehart a chance to get valuable playing time. I would give Brennan a half game for each of these last two weeks just to see what he has. Why wouldn't we?

Not at home against Philly. If we lose to Philly and go into SF at 7-8' date=' then yeah why not?[/quote']

Why wait? We have 4 teams ahead of us fighting for the last Wild Card spot, and that doesn't even include Dallas. We are 2 games back of the Dallas, Bucs, and Falcons. We are 1 game behind the Eagles and Bears. We are tied with the Saints. There are just 2 games left and everybody would ahead of us would have to lose. Which is highly improbable.

I guess there is a slim chance, but are you saying Jason will magically turn it around? I say a change has to be made to give us that chance.

It was Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown playing together healthy. They ran almost twice as much as they passed, and Ronnie Brown was #2 in receptions. Cadillac Williams was very close to being #3.

Basically, it was a lot of running the football and dumping it off to the RBs.

not even close

Courtney Taylor 43 catches 737 yards- 17.1 YPC

Ronnie Brown 34 catches 313 yards- 9.2 YPC

Ben Obomanu 25 catches 359 yards- 14.4 YPC

Devin Aromashodu 24 catches 513 yards- 21.4 YPC

Carnell Williams 21 catches 152 yards- 7.2 YPC

Anthony Mix 19 catches 294 yards- 14.4 YPC

Cooper Wallace 19 catches 302 yards- 15.9 YPC

Silas Daniels 9 catches 169 yards- 18.8 YPC

Jason Campbell 188/270 2700 Yards 20 TD 7 Int 10.0 YPA 69.6 Comp.% 172.9 QB Rating 207.7 YPG

Why wait? We have 4 teams ahead of us fighting for the last Wild Card spot, and that doesn't even include Dallas. We are 2 games back of the Dallas, Bucs, and Falcons. We are 1 game behind the Eagles and Bears. We are tied with the Saints. There are just 2 games left and everybody would ahead of us would have to lose. Which is highly improbable.

I guess there is a slim chance, but are you saying Jason will magically turn it around? I say a change has to be made to give us that chance.

No, Jason will not turn it around, but he does give you the best chance to win of our 3 QBs. Right now Zorn probably does not want to go 7-9 or 8-8. I'm sure he's hoping for the best and a 9-7 finish and Campbell, believe it or not, gives us our best chance. He he blows it against Philly then Zorn will probably have more backing in putting in Campbell against San Fran. We want to win this Sunday. Brennan, even though he was good in college, is a rookie and rookies don't hardly win in the NFL unless they're surrounded by talent and a good coach. This team is questionable in those areas at best right now.

I think your wrong. Campbell is playing well, he didn't have critical fumbles like Cooley and Sellers. Every snap Campbell can get is the better off we'll be in the long run. :helmet:

He has a slow follow through and stares down receivers. That's how Moss got mugged on that one 5-6 yard pass. Three defenders could see that JC had him zoned in the whole play. Not to mention his inability to be accurate on 3-4 yard passes is getting old.

Archived