Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Is that so?

I remember a lot of losing seasons for the Pack.

Really, Packers had a lot of losing seasons with Favre? What do you consider losing seasons?

In 2005, they had a 4-12 record. That was the worst record that Favre ever had with the Packers.

Favre also had 2 8-8 seasons (1999 and 2006).

That's 3 seasons out of 16 seasons where Favre and the Packers had .500 or below record.

So you consider 3 out of 16 seasons to be a lot of losing seasons?

So all 32 teams ignored the combine, workouts, interviews, game tape, etc, and based their (at best 6th round) evaluation off those two things?

Just like Sonny Jurgensen, arguably the greatest Redskins QB of all time.

Just like Joe Theismann.

Just like Tom Brady.

Just like Marc Bulger.

Just like Kurt Warner.

Just like Mark Rypien.

Just like Jake Delhomme.

In fact, among current starters at QB in the league, this many were not drafted first-day:

Jake Delhomme, Tom Brady AND Matt Cassel, Matt Hasselbeck AND Seneca Wallace, Shaun Hill, Tony Romo sits to pee, David Garrard, Gus Frerotte (even though he's hurt), Kyle Orton, Jon Kitna AND Dan Orlovsky, Tyler Thigpen, Ryan Fitzpatrick (who outplayed Campbell yesterday), Derek Anderson, Marc Bulger, Trent Edwards (third round is no longer first-day), Kurt Warner, and Jeff Garcia, off the top of my head.

What's that, Lassie? Draft classes and scouts and "experts" are often full of ****?

Looks like 17 teams and GMs had no problem starting QBs that weren't drafted first-day. Of the teams mentioned, 4 are winning their divisions, and 4 are within striking distance of the lead, or in playoff contention. With 12 playoff spots in contention, 3/4 of playoff hunting teams are QB'd by players who were not drafted first-day.

Hell, let's look at a draft status FAIL a little closer to home.

Chris Horton.

Jesus. I can understand you people on this board neglecting to remember history, but you have an example of teams missing on talent RIGHT ON THE ****ING ROSTER. Draft "experts" are now saying he's the best safety in the draft, and he should've been drafted in the 1st-2nd, and he was ALMOST MR. IRRELEVANT.

Can we get over this crap about draft status for once? IT DOESN'T MATTER. If people like you ran the Redskins, we wouldn't have ever had Mark Rypien. Or Joe Jacoby. Or Clint Didier. Or Ricky Sanders. Or Jeff Bostic. Or Earnest Byner. Or Joe Lavender. Or Dexter Manley. Or Monte Coleman. Or Chris Hanburger. Or Ken Houston. Or Sonny Jurgensen. Or Raleigh McKenzie. Or Brian Mitchell. Or Bobby Mitchell. Or Joe Theismann. Should I go on? I've got some more.

You guys on this board with your elitist attitude about your football "knowledge" (whose arguments hold NO water) who use Colt's draft status to attack him need to back up their moronic claims with actual evidence and not conjecture or sit down.

I do not want Colt to start this weekend.

1. We're still evaluating Campbell.

2. Putting in Colt Brennan against Philly with a banged up, patchwork team that is demoralized is not fair to Brennan. First impressions are important --and even if Colt did well, all it would do is create a QB controversy now, rather than in pre-season.

What concerns me is that this team has looked noticeably good with other QB's. Brunnell of 2005 and Collins of 2007, much better than Campbell. Not only did these guys manage the games, they made plays when it mattered. As much flak as Brunell gets, when we had to pass the ball, he did it effectively down the field in 2005. Same with Collins, who spread the ball around and made awesome quick decisions (something Campbell hasn't shown in 4 years).

I supported JC but something about his demeanor and play is not right. Count me on the Brennan bandwagon. If Campbell shows the same inconsistency and mediocrity next season, I'm all for benching him and giving Brennan a shot.

Jason Campbell couldn’t start for Montgomery College let alone a NFL team. He can not read a defense no matter how much time you give him. This season’s failure lies strictly at his feet. He is a complete incompetent and will never be a starting QB in the NFL.

You clown. Campbell started at Auburn where he led them to an undefeated season. Never going to be a starting QB in the NFL? Pray tell, what is he doing right now then?

You clown. Campbell started at Auburn where he led them to an undefeated season. Never going to be a starting QB in the NFL? Pray tell, what is he doing right now then?

cuz being a winner in college is so indicitive of success in the nfl...:doh:

hows jason white doing these days?

Wow, this fan base is most stupid in the NFL.

Colt Brennan? Seriously? What has he done for us?

Give JC a decent O-Line and 1! weapon taller than 5'10'' and he'll show you what he can do.

And what about those first 5 weeks? Was it just a fluke?

Or would it be smarter to say that while the O-Line and Portis were healthy JC was playing at a Pro-Bowl level and when the O-line and Portis started getting banged up then his play clearly declined?

JC is a pretty good QB, but he needs a good O-line and SOME playmakers on offense to be a GREAT QB.

Give JC a decent O-Line and 1! weapon taller than 5'10'' and he'll show you what he can do.

Or would it be smarter to say that while the O-Line and Portis were healthy JC was playing at a Pro-Bowl level and when the O-line and Portis started getting banged up then his play clearly declined?

JC is a pretty good QB, but he needs a good O-line and SOME playmakers on offense to be a GREAT QB.

What has Colt done for us? What has JASON done for us?!?!??!?!

And enough with the give JC a decent O-line and 1 weapon etc etc. Fact is that even when there is decent protection and an open receiver he does not connect at times.

Please stop making excuses for JC. Why stop at giving him a decent O-line and 1 weapon? Why not just surround him with 10 other pro-bowlers on offense, 11 pro-bowlers on defense???? And then he'll do good right?

As much as its ridiculous to blame everything on JC, it is more ridiculous to blame everything on everyone else but JC.

Colt nuthuggers, take note of the sarcasm here.

colt might not be the answer you're right but at least there is the possibility

its getting obvious that Jason Campbell isn't the long term answer to the problem...

so whether its colt, a free agent, or somebody we draft

the redskins FO needs to figure that out so why not let colt play?

Keep dreaming. No team is perfect for an entire season. Oline men get hurt, WRs get hurt.. things happen. That's why you need a QB that can think and adjust to those problems and STILL make plays. JC cannot do that.

First of all, I am not a CB5 fan and don't think too highly of him.

As for JC, he also has Cooley as a target. But if you are talking about a WR, well we drafted 2 big guys, but the coach doesn't like them and doesn't play them.

I think the bold statement works against JC supporters. That statement clearly says that JC isn't a game changer. He isn't going to win games. It says he needs great OL play and a dominant running game or else he isn't going to do much. Even the early part of the season, JC was just managing games and mot making mistakes. The team was built upon the running game. And now that CP is banged up and isn't as effective, JC can't do anything either.

JC needs a great OL and some playmakers on offense to be an AVERAGE QB. Just look at his stats for the 1st half of the season. The only thing going for him was the TOs. He wasn't lighting it up with the yards or TDs early on either.

I do not want Colt to start this weekend.

1. We're still evaluating Campbell.

2. Putting in Colt Brennan against Philly with a banged up, patchwork team that is demoralized is not fair to Brennan. First impressions are important --and even if Colt did well, all it would do is create a QB controversy now, rather than in pre-season.

Campbell has one more year to prove it and that's it.

We can not afford to draft another QB this year because of the pressing needs to the lines.

Gino Torretta says "hi."

I still think starting Colt isn't a good idea right now, though.

Shaun Hill is outperforming JC on the 49ers. How good is his o-line and banged up running back...not as good as ours.

Come on, JC was missing 5 yard pass patterns to start the game yesterday...

JC doesn't have "it".

I don't know if he is, and I don't know if any of our QB's are. So maybe an open competition should be had.

:applause::applause:

In theory every camp should have open comps for every position. A 7-9 team even more so. So I would guess and hope next training camp will have several guys taking a shot at becoming the starting QB.

Look at the evidence, Campbell is getting outplayed by Shawn Hill, a guy with 8 career starts. A guy who has had to learn multiple offensive systems, if he can do it and play at a high level why can’t Campbell? In Seven games this year he has thrown 10 td passes on a team with much less talent. Further proof that Jason Campbell is a complete and total failure as a QB, he has no business even being in the league. You can make all the excuses you want for that chump but it won’t make a difference Campbell is incapable of playing QB in the NFL.

I just mentioned in a another thread that Jason is too freaking old to be lumped in with excuses of O-line and different offenses. He is going to be 28 years old next year. There is reason this will be his only 2nd full year starting. He just doesnt have "It". By the time Flacco and Ryan turn 28 they would have started atleast 4 or 5 years. Jason needs to make plays and it isnt like he doesnt have atleast 3 good seconds to get the ball off. He is just not making reads fast enough. And they need to see what they have in Colt too because he will be 26 next year. All of our qb's are freakin old lol.

Archived