Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I want JC to succeed but he does seem so mechanical out there, like everything is a long thought process. When he steps up in the pocket, I can almost see him thinking like he is in a drill and that is what he is supposed to do, shows he is coachable but not fluid and not a good feel for the game, which can't be taught.

it's not like he was lighting it up. He just wasn't making many mistakes and let the running game and defense win the game.

Once teams saw how slow he was to make decisions and how poorly he handled the blitz, they just started sending the house, knowing he wouldn't make them pay.

They also started cheating up on moss and doubling cooley, knowing jc rarely looks elsewhere. I went to two games this year and it was insane how open are and thomas were at times.

preach....

I always stand up to people who say our fan base is stupid. Yet 290+ people actually think Brennan's the answer.

JC goes out every game and tries to win, it's Zorn who makes the asinine calls that cost us the game.

I don't think that that the 290+ people know that Colt is the answer but many of us would like to see what he could do especially since this team is basically finished for the year.

the falcons just inserted a 22 year old QB into the exact same oline/WR group that went 4-12 last year with joey harrington and added a runningback thats right there with portis.

explain that to me?

OK, now at least we know what to do.

I really hope we replace JC, then we will be winners, that was easy.

Please go talk to Danny and Vinny for us and ask them if we can replace JC so we can be winners or even win the SB

I WATCHED THE GAME YESTERDAY... AND SAW THIS.

When Campbell went down with a hurt elbow... he had to warm up...

guess who his BALL BOY was???

Colt Brennen.

He is Jason Campbells ball boy. he catches it... so Jason Campbell can do warm-up throws...

Isn't that what the 3rd. QB is supposed to do? Not only play catch and hand over- but also be the cheerleader/ feedback mirror/ confidant. At least the good ones are.

Glad to hear Colt Brennan was active on the side!

We can get Payton Manning or Tom Brady and they will fail with this offensive line and smurf recievers. This is a recipe for failiure regardless who we get.

We can not run the ball. The QB does not have time to take a 7 step drop, period. The QB is hit %50 of the times he takes a 5 step drop. Our reciever are never open and usually have bad body position for 3 step drops. Elway, Montana, and Marino would suck here right now.

We can get Payton Manning or Tom Brady and they will fail with this offensive line and smurf recievers. This is a recipe for failiure regardless who we get.

We can not run the ball. The QB does not have time to take a 7 step drop, period. The QB is hit %50 of the times he takes a 5 step drop. Our reciever are never open and usually have bad body position for 3 step drops. Elway, Montana, and Marino would suck here right now.

I can't tell if you're greatly underestimating those quarterbacks you mentioned, or are greatly overestimating Campbell's ability.

:wtf:

and learn how to spell pEyton before you post...there is soooo much wrong with what you just wrote...

Except, you know, Todd Collins -- who is no Manning or Brady -- made the offense look great when he went with the same players last year.

And don't give me this system nonsense. Campbell had all the same problems this year as he did last year in a completely different system.

Doesn't see the field.

Doesn't read defenses well.

Takes forever to make a decision.

Except, you know, Todd Collins -- who is no Manning or Brady -- made the offense look great when he went with the same players last year.

And don't give me this system nonsense. Campbell had all the same problems this year as he did last year in a completely different system.

Doesn't see the field.

Doesn't read defenses well.

Takes forever to make a decision.

I will take a system QB at this point. I really could care less if the guy has been in the offense for 10 years. In reality, I dont want to see TC in there simply because he has no future at his age. However I hate the argument about system QB's. We have had 3 different system QBs win us Superbowls!! I can say for a fact in the last 28 years, we have not had a dominant QB, Joe T may have been close barring injury.

He benched him because of injuries/performance. But when he got hsi job back (granted, due to injury). he has come back a much more confident QB and plays with no fear.

As Jaws said "once you get benched, thats the worst feeling in the world, but when you come back, you have nothing to lose".

Same goes with Donovan. He gets benched and comes back more focused.

Granted, only 2 games left so it's sorta moot point, but should the coaches, essentially "challenge" Campbell? Because I think his whole issue is confidence right now, I don't think he is bad. When he decides he's a good QB, he plays well against anyone (he shredded TB last year and almost came back, only QB to throw for 300 against them that year). But like CP said, when he gets down on himself, he really gets down.

He needs to be challenged by the coaches now, because it will force him to focus more, and play more confident. I think it's as simple as that (well, not really lol, its the line too, but w/e)

Thoughts?

I say absolutely! It certainly couldn't hurt. Campbell feeling a little more pressure to perform can't be a bad thing.

We get to see what Colt brings and if he's not all that, Campbell knows the coach is willing to pull the trigger. Kills 2 birds with one stone. A win-win proposition. I'm over the "Campbell's feelings will be hurt" thing. What about our feelings as fans?

I think this would have been a good idea earlier in the season, but we had a winning record, people would have been really upset if that had happened. I would hope next year going into camp, every position should be open to competition...maybe that will lite a fire under the team, dont promise any positions to anybody including Campbell.

As nice a guy as Campbell is it is time for him to hold the clipboard again and let Colt show what he can do. I have seen the receivers giving looks of disbelief to Campbell during the games when he throws high, low, in the dirt, or behind them when they are wide open. It has happened throughout his tenure and even more this year, if it had been in another city he would have been benched last year. I guess we simply can't understand why a guy with all the physical and social skills simply can't master the mental aspect of the game.

The administration better find the balls to make this move before the team has a complete meltdown and loses the confidence it can ever win!!

I am not a hater.....Campbell just doesn't do enough things to help the offense win. He'll make some good reads....make some decent runs, but he just cannot finish drives. I really think Colt Brennan should be handed the job to give him some NFL experience....

There's an old saying..."Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks." That's what I think we should do with Colt. Honestly Jason's style isn't meant for the West Coast offence...Colt might not be either, but he CAN'T do any worse the Jason. Period.:soapbox:

Remember that devin thomas TD that was called back against arizona?

there was a busted coverage and thomas was WIDE EFFING OPEN and campbell was pretty much the last person in the stadium to see him.

I thought he was making improvements in this, but he obviously is not.

He just has poor field vision. He can only look at one receiver at a time.

Couple this with his poor accuracy, and you don't have much there =(

Remember that devin thomas TD that was called back against arizona?

there was a busted coverage and thomas was WIDE EFFING OPEN and campbell was pretty much the last person in the stadium to see him.

I thought he was making improvements in this, but he obviously is not.

He just has poor field vision. He can only look at one receiver at a time.

Couple this with his poor accuracy, and you don't have much there =(

JC is only 6'5. It's really hard for him to see over his huge lineman. Give the guy a break.... (sarcasm).

Archived