Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think this one play says it all about our team:

On Sunday Campbell was able to move around and buy time on a 3rd down, get it to Cooley, just for him to fumble it away.

When one thing goes right, something else is guaranteed to breakdown for us.

*This is nothing negative against Cooley whatsoever, just making a point.

I think this one play says it all about our team:

On Sunday Campbell was able to move around and by time on a 3rd down, get it to Cooley, just for him to fumble it away.

When one thing goes right, something else is guaranteed to breakdown for us.

*This is nothing negative against Cooley whatsoever, just making a point.

:applause::applause::applause:

Man Campbell has made good throws and bad throws. WR's have dropped passes. RB's have fumbled. WR's have fumbled. Linemen haven't consitently blocked well in particular the running game during the home stretch isn't there this season. Its funny that I've read a million thread and posts as to whats wrong with this team. Its like change the QB and all the Skins troubles are over. I mean the bad off season moves, The lack of draft picks next season, The cap hell the team is in, dropped passes, fumbles, dropped ints, teams hitting edges running the ball and cutting back, CB plays stinks etc. I mean me myself can name a number of things wrong but to read most posts 95% of whats wrong with this team is JC. Thats amazing. I mean I see below average play in the trenches on both sides but this whole season is JC's fault. Amazing. I guess the SKins are only 1 player away from contending. The O-line and Dline doesn't concern most. Simply amazing.

I guess the SKins are only 1 player away from contending. The O-line and Dline doesn't concern most. Simply amazing.

You have to admit that this would be easier to fix if it was only one person. I mean, replacing the other 10 could take 5 years under this FO.

although i agree that the oline has been pretty bad, and have not given him much time in recent weeks, but he can not hit the deep ball... he always over throws the wr deep... he holds the ball way to long, the big wind up and slow motion it seems of coming through with the arm... the west coast offense is a quick read and dump type offense.. he is not quick with his reads and them maks horrible decisions.. i dunno, they suck as a whole right now... just all around bad play with the xception of a small few..

Jason was playing like an above average quarterback, 99.5% passer rating, top 10, 6-2 record. Then the wheels came off.

I'm trying to understand what has happened here. And just the basic Jason sucks doesn't cut it. He was showing to be much improved over last year in the first 8 games.

I can make all the familiar excuses and I'm sure they play a part but the bottom line is Jason is playing like a different quarterback from the first half of the year and the Bengals game really showed it.

It's frustrating for someone who has watched JC play for 8 years. I watched him turn his college career around his senior year and I thought I was watching him do the same for his NFL career during the first half of this season.

Certainly no one on the team works harder than JC. Maybe he's trying too hard. Maybe he was shell shocked when Woodley picked him up and slammed his head into the ground. I don't know. I just know that what I'm seeing is :(

Man Campbell has made good throws and bad throws. WR's have dropped passes. RB's have fumbled. WR's have fumbled. Linemen haven't consitently blocked well in particular the running game during the home stretch isn't there this season. Its funny that I've read a million thread and posts as to whats wrong with this team. Its like change the QB and all the Skins troubles are over. I mean the bad off season moves, The lack of draft picks next season, The cap hell the team is in, dropped passes, fumbles, dropped ints, teams hitting edges running the ball and cutting back, CB plays stinks etc. I mean me myself can name a number of things wrong but to read most posts 95% of whats wrong with this team is JC. Thats amazing. I mean I see below average play in the trenches on both sides but this whole season is JC's fault. Amazing. I guess the SKins are only 1 player away from contending. The O-line and Dline doesn't concern most. Simply amazing.

And these are the same people who were canonizing him when we jumped out to 4-1.

Jason was playing like an above average quarterback, 99.5% passer rating, top 10, 6-2 record. Then the wheels came off.

I'm trying to understand what has happened here. And just the basic Jason sucks doesn't cut it. He was showing to be much improved over last year in the first 8 games.

I can make all the familiar excuses and I'm sure they play a part but the bottom line is Jason is playing like a different quarterback from the first half of the year and the Bengals game really showed it.

It's frustrating for someone who has watched JC play for 8 years. I watched him turn his college career around his senior year and I thought I was watching him do the same for his NFL career during the first half of this season.

Certainly no one on the team works harder than JC. Maybe he's trying too hard. Maybe he was shell shocked when Woodley picked him up and slammed his head into the ground. I don't know. I just know that what I'm seeing is :(

I kind of feel the same way.....I honestly have no clue what happened to him.....or if anything at all happened to him. Is it the Oline? It is him? It is both....I have no clue.

What I do think is sometime during this season, his confidence got rocked. Possibly the Pittsburgh game.....where he started taking some NASTY LICKS. (Which I must commend him on throughout this season, for getting up every single time). Its just all of a sudden....he looks like hes in a huge panic when he drops back.

Im not giving up on him....I like him too darn much....

Then you look at the TD Bomb vs New Orleans and you realize one play doesn't say anything about anyone.

~Bang

Actually Bang, watching that play again, he stared at Moss the entire time, and only threw the ball when Moss had a 5 yard step on his man. He never looked at another receiver, which, I'm pretty sure illustrates the OP's point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trZfHoEtFeE

Actually Bang, watching that play again, he stared at Moss the entire time, and only threw the ball when Moss had a 5 yard step on his man. He never looked at another receiver, which, I'm pretty sure illustrates the OP's point.

He called the protectoin audible and put moss on the streak. Why wouldnt you stare at the fastest man on the field with no safety help overtop?

Hold up. He threw it when Moss had a 5 yard step on his man? Well of course, he had to dodge the guy Betts forgot to block anyways. Reset and threw. And even if this wasnt a fantastic play you can tell where his eyes are from that quality video? Word?

Just because you can see his helmet, doesnt mean you have a CLUE where his eyes are looking.

And dont give me this B.S about how you watch his eyes on every play.

I agree with the sentiment here that it isn't ALL JC's fault but come on! We played the Bengals and he had all day back there. A pro football QB should have eaten a team like the Bengals up all day. Let's call a spade a spade here guys. He's not finding the open guys when the time is given to him. Has the OLine been subpar at times? Certainly. Has the play calling? Certainly. But damn it, we need a QB in there that can make plays not be subservient to the players around him. He is suppose to LEAD the team not ride the coattails. I think that is the biggest problem the defenders of JC have. Understanding that a QB needs to be one of the best on the field to be successful in the NFL. It's a shame our team hasn't had one of those in recent memory. Hence our piss poor record for that last 15+ years. My biggest concern with JC is that the season went the way it did. If the team had started out 1-6 and now had a record of 7-7, I would say JC is progressing and that the future was looking brighter. With the way this season has played out, one can only say he has regressed and that the future looks dark, or gray at the very best.

Ask yourselves, without providing built in excuses, Is Jason Campbell, right now, playing like a QB who you believe can win football games for this team? Can he LEAD them to victory? Has he developed into the QB he thought he would be at this point in his career? If you answered "Hell Yes!" to these you are blind and beyond hope. If you answered "No,but...", I am with you. If you answered "Absolutely not!", I'm beginning to see your point.

:2cents::logo:

I agree with the sentiment here that it isn't ALL JC's fault but come on! We played the Bengals and he had all day back there. A pro football QB should have eaten a team like the Bengals up all day. Let's call a spade a spade here guys. He's not finding the open guys when the time is given to him. Has the OLine been subpar at times? Certainly. Has the play calling? Certainly. But damn it, we need a QB in there that can make plays not be subservient to the players around him. He is suppose to LEAD the team not ride the coattails. I think that is the biggest problem the defenders of JC have. Understanding that a QB needs to be one of the best on the field to be successful in the NFL. It's a shame our team hasn't had one of those in recent memory. Hence our piss poor record for that last 15+ years. My biggest concern with JC is that the season went the way it did. If the team had started out 1-6 and now had a record of 7-7, I would say JC is progressing and that the future was looking brighter. With the way this season has played out, one can only say he has regressed and that the future looks dark, or gray at the very best.

Ask yourselves, without providing built in excuses, Is Jason Campbell, right now, playing like a QB who you believe can win football games for this team? Can he LEAD them to victory? Has he developed into the QB he thought he would be at this point in his career? If you answered "Hell Yes!" to these you are blind and beyond hope. If you answered "No,but...", I am with you. If you answered "Absolutely not!", I'm beginning to see your point.

:2cents::logo:

Have you played QB at any level?

Have you played QB at any level?

That's the best response? :whoknows:

Edit: Hit the link in this thread and then listen around 2:00+ to hear what a QB who LEADS his team is suppose to sound like imo.

When you are a QB, especially at this level, you have got to take responsibility for your team as a whole. If you are playing great and another not so much then you sit them down, maybe call them out if it's absolutely necessary. If you're playing like :pooh: you don't try to share blame and say, "We all need to step up our game." :wtf: You man up and say, "I need to pick up my game. It starts and ends at the QB position. That's why I am a captain, not because of my talent. Because I am QB and the others look to me to make the right decisions to put them in the right place to make plays. I haven't done that." If that was said, maybe...just maybe, the Skins locker room would have rallied rather than split and broke apart. That, my friend, is the responsibility of any good QB. And I didn't have to play the position to know that.

Did anybody beside me notice that JC shows more fire in the unnamed insurance commercial (where they spelled his name wrong) than he does when he is playing football? If we could get that in a game maybe we would have a leader on offense.

Oh C'mon man, was this really necessary? You can't hear him in the huddle right? Yep

Archived