Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Can Jason start for any other team?

I've been asking this to myself all year, going through all the qbs in the league I would rather have as these pathetic offensive performances play themselves out in the second half of games where 7 and 10 point deficits seem more like 30 or 40 pts. with ol' JC at the helm or as my brother calls him "Tony Banks Jr."

Without naming them all, here are some pretty notable names that have crossed the "Campbell Line" this season...two rookies...Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan and after this week Ryan Fitzgerald came awfully close.

The only guys I would not take are Russell, Thigpen, Fitzgerald, Hill, and Rodgers. 27th overall. No, no, he's the future. Absolutely. Gotta love them Skins!

I WATCHED THE GAME YESTERDAY... AND SAW THIS.

When Campbell went down with a hurt elbow... he had to warm up...

guess who his BALL BOY was???

Colt Brennen.

He is Jason Campbells ball boy. he catches it... so Jason Campbell can do warm-up throws...

lol Thats pretty funny lol

If Colt ever materializes into something meaningful for the Skins, nobody can say he didn't pay his dues:D

Campbell isn't a closer, period. There are quarterbacks in the league with out the mobility or arm of Campbell but they are determined to find a way to win. They have more heart and are smarter in the clutches. We need a closer.

Look at Rothlisberger, he ain't great but he finds ways to win. Same with

You clown. Campbell started at Auburn where he led them to an undefeated season. Never going to be a starting QB in the NFL? Pray tell, what is he doing right now then?

Well he is on the field, that is about all I can say, I haven’t seen him play much Quarterback. He seems to have mastered the following positions. Lost and confused, blown read, overthrow, underthrown, and throw behind. Also he didn’t lead the Auburn Tigers to an undefeated season Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams did. All Campbell did was hand the ball of that season.

Well he is on the field, that is about all I can say, I haven’t seen him play much Quarterback. He seems to have mastered the following positions. Lost and confused, blown read, overthrow, underthrown, and throw behind. Also he didn’t lead the Auburn Tigers to an undefeated season Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams did. All Campbell did was hand the ball of that season.

Don't forget Brandon Jacobs too. Damn that was one helluva ground game Campbell had.

Lol your crazy. It is not his fault Gibbs was on Brunells nuts.Gibbs wanted to let him to sit and learn that offense. Then once he started getting comftrable we changed offense again. then again. Like you said, its only 2nd full year starting. Give him time its not his fault he is part of a dysfunctional organization.

Lol your crazy. It is not his fault Gibbs was on Brunells nuts.Gibbs wanted to let him to sit and learn that offense. Then once he started getting comftrable we changed offense again. then again. Like you said, its only 2nd full year starting. Give him time its not his fault he is part of a dysfunctional organization.

The problems campbell has have nothing to do with the system. The system is just about learning the playbook, hot routes, etc. Its mainly about memorization. The problems campbell has can not be corrected with more time in a system. He has FUNDAMENTAL issues. His release is incredibly slow, which is exactly the opposite of what you need in a WCO. His accuracy is fairly poor, especially on long passes. He makes his reads very slowly. He locks on to a single targer (moss or cooley) and doesnt see the field well. He has trouble reading defenses. He cant improvise at all if a play breaks down. These aren't "system" issues. These are fundamental football skills that great QB's need to be successful at this level. He doesn't have "it". He has done nothing in his 33 games that suggests he's going to be a good QB. He just doesnt make plays. You can't teach people to have a feel for the game; they have it, or they dont.

There's a lot more QB talent coming out of the colleges and universities this year that don't require 1st round draft picks. A few years ago NCAA and the NFL were all about these QB's that were glorified running backs like Michael Vick. But it has been the "field general" classic quarterback that has been achieving success in the NFL. Just look at the last 4 Superbowls.

It takes drive, determination and SMARTS to captain an offense in the NFL. Teams with lesser field talent at the corners, backfield and line have better producing QBs that us. Look at Atlanta, Baltimore, Pittsburg etc. they don't have a Portis or a Santana Moss but they're doing better than us in the quarterback dept.

The problems campbell has have nothing to do with the system. The system is just about learning the playbook, hot routes, etc. Its mainly about memorization. The problems campbell has can not be corrected with more time in a system. He has FUNDAMENTAL issues. His release is incredibly slow, which is exactly the opposite of what you need in a WCO. His accuracy is fairly poor, especially on long passes. He makes his reads very slowly. He locks on to a single targer (moss or cooley) and doesnt see the field well. He has trouble reading defenses. He cant improvise at all if a play breaks down. These aren't "system" issues. These are fundamental football skills that great QB's need to be successful at this level. He doesn't have "it". He has done nothing in his 33 games that suggests he's going to be a good QB. He just doesnt make plays. You can't teach people to have a feel for the game; they have it, or they dont.

Bingo. JC's an easy guy to root for, but he has all the same problems this year as he did last year in an entirely different system.

So .. when we were 6-2 a few short weeks ago, did "he have it?"

nope. clinton portis running for 120+ every game and our defense giving up nothing won us those games.

ill say this about campbell. hes never gonna be the reason you lose a game. but hes never gonna be the reason you win. has he ever even lead a game winning drive?

nope. clinton portis running for 120+ every game and our defense giving up nothing won us those games.

ill say this about campbell. hes never gonna be the reason you lose a game. but hes never gonna be the reason you win. has he ever even lead a game winning drive?

Does against the saints this yr count?

So .. when we were 6-2 a few short weeks ago, did "he have it?"

It's not like he was lighting it up. He just wasn't making many mistakes and let the running game and defense win the game.

Once teams saw how slow he was to make decisions and how poorly he handled the blitz, they just started sending the house, knowing he wouldn't make them pay.

They also started cheating up on Moss and doubling Cooley, knowing JC rarely looks elsewhere. I went to two games this year and it was insane how open ARE and Thomas were at times.

Archived