Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Bring in the clip board, given the status of our offensive line I know its been an uphill battle for Campbell. Even so he's had opportunities to show off his talent in small doses but his overall play has been very inconsistent. Slow delivery, doesn't seem to grasp the defensive schemes he faces and my biggest issue with him is he doesn't appear to have any emotion. Hes pretty much flatlines emotionally, I want a quarterback who is more demanding from his team mates, get pissed make them respect you!

For all of those disappointed and frustrated people, I'm right there with you, Jason Campbell is not the answer, but neither is Colt Brennan. Mechanically Colt Brennan is just not good enough to be a NFL quarterback. And for the optimist that believe that hes the next Tom Brady just because he was drafted in the same round, you guys are idiots. There is a reason why the scouts passed up on him. And for my last point when is the last time somebody from Hawaii especially a quarterback had success in the NFL?

As much as I agree that Colt Brennan isn't the answer, I say he is not the answer NOW. But to wright him off completely is ridiculous for the reasons you gave. He has done nothing but to prove himself with every opportunity in college and in the preseason for people to think he has talent and should be given an opportunity. There have been plenty of QB's to get passed on and make it big.

No one is the solution right now but the coaching staff.

hmmmmmmmm

Tony Romo sits to pee went to Eastern Illinois and was undrafted. Parcells kept him around so he could learn and now look at him.

Oh he's also 6'2 224

Colt is 6'3 212

So the knack on Colt about him being too short is bull****. Romo sits to pee is shorter and has a similar release to Colt. Both throw somewhat sidearmed.

Maybe he could be the next Romo sits to pee (the good one, no the choking one) We won't know until he plays with starters, how good his really is. Judging from preseason, this guy could very well be a great qb.

when was the last time we had a first round draft pick be productive? carlos rogers=garbage. campbell=worthless. all of our best players have come from the late rounds, i.e. horton, mccintosh, etc. might as well give him a shot at some point down the road, if not we wasted a pick.

For all of those disappointed and frustrated people, I'm right there with you, Jason Campbell is not the answer, but neither is Colt Brennan. Mechanically Colt Brennan is just not good enough to be a NFL quarterback. And for the optimist that believe that hes the next Tom Brady just because he was drafted in the same round, you guys are idiots. There is a reason why the scouts passed up on him. And for my last point when is the last time somebody from Hawaii especially a quarterback had success in the NFL?

I'd still have to say the biggest reason he was passed on was the bowl game. He probably would have been one of the first qbs drafted if he didn't go back for his senior year.

I assume you're comparing him to Timmy Chang. Don't. Even at the college level, there's no comparison between the two. Colt stomped him. Around 300 less passing attempts, 33 more touchdowns, 150 more yards, and (here's the kicker) 12% better accuracy.

I'd still have to say the biggest reason he was passed on was the bowl game. He probably would have been one of the first qbs drafted if he didn't go back for his senior year.

I assume you're comparing him to Timmy Chang. Don't. Even at the college level, there's no comparison between the two. Colt stomped him. Around 300 less passing attempts, 33 more touchdowns, 150 more yards, and (here's the kicker) 12% better accuracy.

No body's QB stats can compare to Colt Brennan in the NCAA. OK, he played in a weak conference, but someone still has to throw the ball against a defense. If it was so easy, then it would have been done before. A college career pass completion of 70% is amazing.

This is a ridiculous statement. I mean the guy hasnt even played a down and he isnt the answer. He played for Hawaii but he still lit the records up. If im correct brennan was projected to be a 1st to 2nd round pick until he got demolished his last game. You dont know this guy from a can of paint. Give the guy a chance.

when was the last time we had a first round draft pick be productive? carlos rogers=garbage. campbell=worthless. all of our best players have come from the late rounds, i.e. horton, mccintosh, etc. might as well give him a shot at some point down the road, if not we wasted a pick.

mccintosh was a 2nd rounder..

and this post is ridiculous. The world will not end if Colt doesnt pan out as an NFL QB- he was a 6th round draft pick. However, with the current state of the team, and the talent colt has shown in the past, it would be crazy not to give him a chance to show what he has against 1st string talent, atleast next year if not this year

No body's QB stats can compare to Colt Brennan in the NCAA. OK, he played in a weak conference, but someone still has to throw the ball against a defense. If it was so easy, then it would have been done before. A college career pass completion of 70% is amazing.

On top of that, he had no talent around him. Name an offensive player from the Hawaii team makin noise in the NFL?

Where did you get your info Colt is not good enough?

Are you a scout?

I find it hilarious you call people idiots yet make yourself look like one when you said Brady, same round and equate that to Colt not being any good. You do know Romo sits to pee was undrafted, as was Warner, as was Delhomme right? Scouts cannot, nor will they ever be right 75% of the time, much less 50% or worse when it comes to QBs.

If Brady sucked I could see your arguement but as of now, you are the temple of idiocy.

As for your Hawaii rationale, when was the last time Hawaii went to a BCS or New Years Bowl before Colt Brennan was their QB? 0 to save yourself from looking.

I could care les what the Skins do with the QB position right now, it is not the problem, never has been. Jumping on JC is a pathetic and weak way of scapegoating when there are obviously more problems than him, we can start with Daniel and the rest of the top of our sucky front office.

Laron Landry was the last time the 'Skins had a productive 1st rounder, and that was in 2007. lol ignorance.

Colt been through this before, he got to Hawaii alot people didn't like

his throwning arm and foot work at other college program then came

June Jones pick him up... Then Colt end up being the only QB that

had broken 31 NCAA records. And same thing now alot of coach still

don't like his throwing arm and footwork as QB. Colt is a story alot

like seabiscuit the race horse no one like cause his running pattern

looked wrong and see how he came out beating the all best breeded

race horeses there was... When something that looks wrong doesn't

mean it broken...

I am just wondering where the OP disappeared to after creating this thread and is not here defending some of the comments here. Hmmmm....Sounds like a troll type of thread.

Come on.... what did you expect. A football analysis from a 20-year old?

Everything he knows is based on draft position.

Archived