Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Campbell looked awful today. Even given time to throw the football he is late on his reads and slow to deliver the ball. I wasn't going to pin anything on JC because of how the offensive line played but I think the jury might be out.

I agree. The O-line actually wasn't that bad today. JC just was that bad.

This guy is a backup at best; I've been saying it all season. He does not make a ton of mistakes, but makes even fewer plays. Look at brett favre. The guy isnt afraid to throw INT's obviously, but he also makes a hell of a lot of plays and had his team in the playoffs every year, on top of a super bowl ring. JC cant make plays, period. God, lets get somebody else for christs sake.

Lions, Chiefs, 49ers, Raiders, maybe even the Titans

so yes.

I'd argue that the Chiefs would rather have S. Hill, the Chiefs T. Thigpen, and the Titans K. Collins than JC.

I'll give you the Lions and prob the Raiders, though.

JC had ample time to throw today against one of the worst defenses in the league. And he still held on to the ball too long, stared down receivers, and didn't make enough plays.

The big problem with Campbell is the TIMING of his throws. Most of his throws downfield are thrown too late and because of that either the defender is able to close the gap or the receiver runs out of room to catch the ball. If Campbell is not able to effectively throw the ball downfield, then why is he still in there?

This guy is a backup at best; I've been saying it all season. He does not make a ton of mistakes, but makes even fewer plays. Look at brett favre. The guy isnt afraid to throw INT's obviously, but he also makes a hell of a lot of plays and had his team in the playoffs every year, on top of a super bowl ring. JC cant make plays, period. God, lets get somebody else for christs sake.

Is that so?

I remember a lot of losing seasons for the Pack.

I mean since when did it become so popular to not throw INTs over throwing Tds around here? it boggles my mind that these fanboys dont see the huge difference between throwing no INT as oppose to throwing TDs. LOL

some of these fanboys are making it seem like throwing no INT is the best thing a QB can do and it all revolves around determining a great QB.

The big problem with Campbell is the TIMING of his throws. Most of his throws downfield are thrown too late and because of that either the defender is able to close the gap or the receiver runs out of room to catch the ball. If Campbell is not able to effectively throw the ball downfield, then why is he still in there?

ding ding din. Bingo.

he waits too long, sticks with one receiver too long and he throws to receivers when they are done running their routes. he doesnt throw to receivers when the receivers are in stride. ,,...... AHHHHHHHH. this guy sucks. when is he gonnna get out of the starting lineup.. oh wait, just let campbell finish out the season so we wont hear " campbell never finished a full season" excuse.

Campbell locks onto the primary receiver until he has to throw it away or get sacked.

He will never be a good QB if he cant make plays on his own.

I can't believe people still say this!? Now, Jason Campbell I don't think can ever be anything more then just a "good" quarterback. (Not saying he is a good quarterback now...but he could one day become one)

But this "locking into one reciever" thing is the stupidest thing anyone has said about Campbell. Yeah , he holds onto the ball too long and doesn't get rid of it...but I notice on almost every play he goes through his progressions. I also record the games and rewatch them and most of the time when he drops back to pass he looks right, looks left, and makes a decision.

I mean I'm not defending Campbell, but its pathetic that SO many people use this argument about him when its not even true. :doh:

Archived