Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things FIRE ZORN NOW (Infinity Merge)

luapgibva

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It all starts with the front office. We need to get a real GM, like a Bill Parcells - someone who actually knows how to build a football team through the lines. Until we get someone who brings in good players, it doesn't matter who coaches them.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

I just want to remind everyone that last year at this time, Sean Taylor had passed away and we were 5-7, but what happened was that Joe Gibbs got everyone ready to play with a certain purpose. The biggest difference between this years team and last years team is that people were held accountable last season, but the Redskins just looked like they were going through the motions today, doing stupid penalties, stupid fumbles, and basically we looked like a very undisciplined football team. Joe Gibbs would have gotten this team ready to play today, but Jim Zorn didn't and thats why he should be fired.

All the ST stuff was nice and inspirational, but the reason the team won 4 straight last year was because JC was knocked out of the season by the Bears.

Thanks, Bears, for sending us to the playoffs last year.

The people who want the coach fired feed right into what Snyder wants.

He wants us to maintain interest in the club. He wants us to get hyped up. By believing that change in the coaching spot is always the best answer and the cure to all ills for the franchise, we inevitably set ourselves up for disappointment. At the same time, it helps prevent him from being the scapegoat. If anything, I've personally learned that Snyder is a master of deflecting blame.

Personally, I'll get excited when there is a change in the front office or ownership.

The people who want the coach fired feed right into what Snyder wants.

He wants us to maintain interest in the club. He wants us to get hyped up. By believing that change in the coaching spot is always the best answer and the cure to all ills for the franchise, we inevitably set ourselves up for disappointment. At the same time, it helps prevent him from being the scapegoat. If anything, I've personally learned that Snyder is a master of deflecting blame.

Personally, I'll get excited when their is a change in the front office or ownership.

You know, i think you might have a point!

I mean damn, even Danny knows people will only pay attention to controversy and frustration! No one cares about teams that actually win, do they?

I'm going to hereby nominate this as the most knowledgeful smartiest smart post of all time.

~Bang

Hey go ahead and fire the guy. You'll have to get used to another coach and put in a new offense.

I think you should keep Zorn for at least a three year stay and see what you have. You have a good defense. You just need to hope Campbell picks it up a little more and you can get help for Portis. You guys aren't that far off the pace.

Zorn should definitely come back.

Nothing will change until Cerrato is fired and replaced by a competent GM who won't let Danny meddle.

We simply will not win on a consistent basis until that change is made.

I think it's simpler than that. I think we need to realize we've got the pieces to be a good team, and it takes time for some things to come around. It is still Campbell's second year as a starter after all, and other parts of the offense also need time to grow (Namely, any receiver over 4 feet tall), and it's Zorn's first year as a playcaller, much less a head coach.

It's frustrating to go 6-2 and flal like this, but the teams that put 4 straight losses on us are no slouches, 4 of the best in the NFL actually.

Personnel moves have been OK, Jason Taylor notwithstanding, and of course, hindsight is 20/20 on that one. But counter that with DeAngelo Hall, who may turn out to be a bona-fide steal, one of our first in a long while.

Patience is what I think is required.

~Bang

Get rid of every player except CP, Hall, Carlos, and Cooley IMO. we need fresh legs on every other position.

Get ready for another 3 years of rebuilding folks.

agreed, but i would also like to keep Landry, Horton, and Fletcher. but after that can em all. For some reason in the beginning i was pretty Zornny but now im not so Zornny,but in all seriousness i think zorn honestly doesn't have a clue what he's doing out there. between calling a run play when you need 2 scores with alittle over 2 mins left and calling a pass play when you have a yard to do for a TD not to mention you have 3 tries also never giving it to CP, the list could go on.......................................................................:mad:

There's one obvious thing that no one has mentioned that needs to be considered regarding whether or not Zorn will get fired.......in almost any sport, college or the Pros, when a coach is doing poorly, as Zorn is, the Athletic Director, or in this case the Owner, will speak out and make a statement about the state of the team, and if that coach has the owners support, the owner will say something to the effect that the Head coach has my support and will be back next year. Dan Snyder has NOT done that.

I'm smart enough to read between the lines. Zorn is as good as gone. To those that say Cowher will never come here, I say Money talks and we all know that Snyder will pay out the ying yang if he has to if it means getting what he wants. On top of that, if I'm a coach looking for a job, I have to like the fact that the team I'm considering will spend the money necessary to get me the players that I want. I fully expect Snyder to go VERY HARD after Cowher, and for Cowher to say YES.

I think Coach Z has totally lost this team. There was one point in the game where they focused in on CP sitting on the sidelines just shaking his head and giving both Landry and Griff as if to say, "here we go again". Even Santana's celebration was proof of this.

Luckily, the inmates do not run the asylum; otherwise the Redskins would be in big trouble.

Anyone who thought after Gibbs left a very mediocre team that we would be a playoff team this season was smoking crack. The BEST case scenario was that we once again limp into the playoffs and get trashed by a team that actually belongs in them. The fact that we limped into the playoffs last season was why they did not go into full rebuild ala Miami and Atlanta. Had they done so people would have trashed them for destroying Gibbs machine!!!! Well the machine was on its last legs as we are seeing now...

The same people who are calling for Zorn's head after every loss, will be trashing the new coach next season, and trashing Snyder for not sticking with Zorn....

Luckily, the inmates do not run the asylum; otherwise the Redskins would be in big trouble.

Anyone who thought after Gibbs left a very mediocre team that we would be a playoff team was smoking crack.

The same people who are calling for Zorn's head after every loss, will be trashing the new coach next season, and trashing Snyder for not sticking with Zorn....

we should be seeing progression... not regression.

The signs are plain too see... Zorn does not have control of this football team....

don't stick with him just for the sake of consistancy... we could end up just consistantly sucking.

Like I laid out last week. I can see GW bringing back Saunders if he gets canned in St Louis since Haslett is an interim coach there. We already have Collins for an open QB competition. And Al may like CB5 as well:)

That absolutely would be the least painful move. A roster built for those systems and instant credibility with the players and fans. I hope Dan actually does what is in the best interest of the team and pulls the trigger on it.

Archived