Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things FIRE ZORN NOW (Infinity Merge)

luapgibva

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

anyone who thinks we should fire zorn should hang themself....maybe our team isnt as good as we thought....btw gibbs went 6-10 in his first year back

If thats what you think than cool but i strongly disagree.. if we had the exact same record but were losing because of bad breaks and a few missed plays here and there while adjusting to a new coach i feel the majority of the people on the board would still be patient with zorn. HOWEVER the team gets worse every week and is undisciplined as they can get at this point and Zorn has lost the lockeroom and hes NOT GETTING IT BACK.. Zorn doesnt know how to run a offense and it shows more and more every week.

What was one of the main gripes after the giants game ?? the time management at the end of the game while they were trying to come back.. and guess what still is a issue... same issues from week1 are issues in week 15 and now we have many more. Zorn isnt improving, the team is getting worse and Zorn has NO BUSINESS being a head coach in Washington.

If thats what you think than cool but i strongly disagree.. if we had the exact same record but were losing because of bad breaks and a few missed plays here and there while adjusting to a new coach i feel the majority of the people on the board would still be patient with zorn. HOWEVER the team gets worse every week and is undisciplined as they can get at this point and Zorn has lost the lockeroom and hes NOT GETTING IT BACK.. Zorn doesnt know how to run a offense and it shows more and more every week.

What was one of the main gripes after the giants game ?? the time management at the end of the game while they were trying to come back.. and guess what still is a issue... same issues from week1 are issues in week 15 and now we have many more. Zorn isnt improving, the team is getting worse and Zorn has NO BUSINESS being a head coach in Washington.

VS Steelers 8:30 PM ET ESPN / WDCA 20 L 6 - 23

11/16 VS Cowboys 8:15 PM ET NBC L 10 - 14

11/23 @ Seahawks 4:15 PM ET FOX W 20 - 17

11/30 VS Giants 1:00 PM ET FOX L 7 - 23

12/7 @ Ravens 8:15 PM ET NBC L 10 - 24

12/14 @ Bengals 1:00 PM ET FOX L 13 - 20

well that can be supported by the fact that we've been outscored 121-66 the past 6 games. I think you would be crazy not to question the coaching staff, especially Zorn.

When Sellers can't run it in from the one yard line it means exactly what I've been saying all year long: the OLine is incapable of getting a push up front. No push means no 3rd and short, no 4th and short and no effective goal line offense. It's not a matter of loving Campbell or Zorn. It's that this is a team sport, and without an OLine, you will not have an offense. Even when we won during the 6-2 start, the OLine kept it close.

How many yards did Portis have today? Must be Campbell's fault. Why couldn't Sellers, one of the most under-rated fullbacks in the game today, bull it in from the one? Must be Campbell's fault. The reason, for those who know the game, is not Campbell or Zorn, is that our OLine is only barely adequate against the 8-8 teams and worse. Against good teams, they stink up the joint.

And for anyone who thinks Heyer is the heir apparent for a starting OL job, please. The Redskins got exactly what they paid for - nada.

Ever hear of Pavlov's dogs? You know, the experiment where they rang the bell whenever food was delivered to the dog and soon the dog would begin salivating when the bell was rung, even when there was no food? Campbell is Vinny's version of Pavlov's dogs. Campbell gets his bell rung, play after play after play after play, and when he is finally given time he hurries his throw because he's expecting to get his bell rung again. It's called a conditioned response.

The point is, this is Vinny's OLine: the one he has depleted by ignoring it in draft and free agency. The OLine that has withered on the vine while Vinny has wasted draft picks on one season bench warmers, big name almost-retiree signings and a general disdain for a draft of any offensive lineman. You can't compare Campbell, or Zorn for that matter, to a QB and coach that have a good OLine. It's like putting Mario Andretti in a Ford Pinto and having him race against anybody in a Lambourgini or Ferrari. We will never know what Campbell is capable of, nor Zorn, until we draft the OLine to have an offense.

Put in another QB. Get another coach. It won't matter as long as the offense depends on the OLine, and the OLine is as bad as the one we have. For those of you who called for bigger, taller receivers, we now have them. What good are they without a good offensive line to give the QB, any QB, time and to give us a running game. Put in Colt. Within a week, if he doesn't get hurt in the first game, he's going to be like Ramsey, Brunell, and now Campbell. . The 'secret' of every good offense is a good offensive line. But Vinny doesn't know it. And neither do most fans.

When a teams wins, the QB gets way too much credit. When they lose, he gets way too much of the blame. It's easier to look at the QB. Looking at the poor OLine play requires you to see the entire game.

I don't think the Redskins should fire Zorn. He is not the problem.

With the personnel the Redskins fielded during this game, I'm not sure the coache's gameplan was the problem. The problem was how the players executed the gameplan.

I think the team was sufficiently well-prepared to play and win this game. They simply couldn't overcome against the adversity, whenever it was crunchtime.

When Sellers can't run it in from the one yard line it means exactly what I've been saying all year long: the OLine is incapable of getting a push up front. No push means no 3rd and short, no 4th and short and no effective goal line offense. It's not a matter of loving Campbell or Zorn. It's that this is a team sport, and without an OLine, you will not have an offense. Even when we won during the 6-2 start, the OLine kept it close.

How many yards did Portis have today? Must be Campbell's fault. Why couldn't Sellers, one of the most under-ratede fullbacks in the game today, bull it in from the one? Must be Campbell's fault. The reason, for those who know the game, is not Campbell or Zorn, is that our OLine is only barely adequate against the 8-8 teams and worse. Against good teams, they stink up the joint.

And for anyone who thinks Heyer is the heir apparent for a starting OL job, please. The Redskins got exactly what they paid for - nada.

Ever hear of Pavlov's dogs? You know, the experiment where they rang the bell whenever food was delivered to the dog and soon the dog would begin salivating when the bell was rung, even when there was no food? Campbell is Vinny's version of Pavlov's dogs. Campbell gets his bell rung, play after play after play after play, and when he is finally given time he hurries his throw because he's expecting to get his bell rung again. It's called a conditioned response.

The point is, this is Vinny's OLine: the one he has depleted by ignoring it in draft and free agency. The OLine that has withered on the vine while Vinny has wasted draft picks on one season bench warmers, big name almost-retiree signings and a general disdain for a draft of any offensive lineman. You can't compare Campbell, of Zorn for that matter, to a QB and coach that have a good OLine. It's like putting Mario Andretti in a Ford Pinto and having him race against anybody in a Lambourgini or Ferrari. We will never know what Campbell is capable of, nor Zorn, until we give them the OLine to have an offense.

Put in another QB. Get another coach. It won't matter as long as the offense depends on the OLine, and the OLine is as bad as the one we have. For those of you who called for bigger, taller receivers, we now have them. What good are they without a good offensive line to give the QB, any QB, time and to give us a running game. Put in Colt. He's going to be like Ramsey, Brunell, and Now Campbell within a week if he doesn't get hurt in the first game. The 'secret' of every good offense is a good offensive line. But Vinny doesn't know it. And neither do most fans.

On one pass play, I got up, made myself a sandwich, and when I got back, Campbell was still trying to decide what to do with the ball.

I don't know...maybe he was just holding it for me so I wouldn't miss anything.

So Cincy kicks a field goal to go up ten with just over 2 mins to play. All hope is lost right. Well maybe not. Cartwright with an 80+ yard return with 2:08 to play. So easy play call right? Take a shot to the endzone for a quick score. No instead zorn runs a play taking the game clock to the 2 min warning. Then first play after the timeout cambell surprise surprise holds the ball too long and gets his hand hit as he throws instead of even giving our receivers a chance. So now third and long what does zorn do? Screen play which is incomplete. So no ball gets near the endzone in this entire series on field position inside the 20. This my friends is why we cant win. We have averaged 12 points the last 6 weeks in the NFL that does not equal wins in this league maybe pop warner but not the NFL.

i agree except on 2nd down they dropped everyone into protection and receivers couldnt get any separation. better for campbell to throw it away and not a pick and kill any hope of scoring.

other two play calls were garbage

Mine is

HC: Ron Rivera

A veteran coordinator who has had exposure to both a 4-3 and a 3-4 scheme. Not the fiery type but a young Dungy who clearly has the respect of his players. Young (46) also. If I hire Rivera, I would have him stick to being a CEO rather than get that involved with the offensive and defensive schemes.

DC: Gregg Williams

As much as Double G pissed us off in the past, I miss his creative blitzes. He really masked this defense's lack of playmakers. He struggled in Jacksonville and he returns to a situation in which he was comfortable with players who love him.

OC: Rob Chudzinski

I think he is going to get fired along with the rest of the Cleveland staff. I feel we should scoop this guy up. He was able to lead a high powered offense in 2007, but he struggled this year because the league exposed Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards had dropsies, and Kellen Winslow was out a lot. This guy was a coach at the U while Portis and Moss were there so you know he has their respect.

Zorn's not ready.. It's plain and simple.. Anyone can look like a genious when breaks are going their way, but when the chips are down, that's when a real leader rallies the troops and goes out and kicks some ass..

If you need an example of this, you have 2 very recent ones.. Joe Gibbs, did it twice in his last stint with us. A lot of was Portis on the field, but it's the coaches behind the scenes providing the motivation.. Players just aren't going to play for Zorn for some reason.

I'm still not 100% on firing him, but I really don't think he is ready to be a leader.

I'm disgusted. This is the embodies all that is the Redskins. We were on the vergo tying a close game (whether it should be close or not is another discussion) and come up with ZERO points. I've watched every game this year at various locations and the end result is always the same. there is a serious need of an atosmpheric change here in good ole' D.C. there are a thousand different angles to take on this season and normally we take the suit that fits. I don't know if firing the head coach will makeeverything better, but I know that this nonsense is not getting the job done. There was a very good chance to put up 30 points and beat an inferior opponent today. It didn't happen and the period of change will continue I think. Tough season. We need some more line help and from that point on I have no clue. Peace.

You know it's zorns first year.. He did good at first and has struggled at the end.. Where not going to HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH different HC every year. So what fire everybody and learn another system.. Give me a break.. Zorn just will have to learn and re think of his mistakes in the offseason.. So sick of the fair weather fans in this forum. You guys make me sick.. I been a skins fan for 19 years and you people act like things happen overnite.. Pull yourself back to earth.. It's not all Zorns fault.. It's not all JC fault its not all CP'S fault.. Last time i checked football is a TEAM SPORT. So if anyone should be blamed it should be the whole team.. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.. :applause:

STFU. How dare you think you can call out fans because of your "19 years" as a champion of mediocrity. The fact we are where we are after starting 6-2 is evidence of a full blown implosion, not merely "struggling" as you choose to put it. It needs to be corrected not allowed to continue to fester.

Whats more PLAIN AND SIMPLE is the fact that apologist fans like YOU who continue to support and finance such an inept product and misguided practices are as complicit as the idiot who signs the checks.

So before you set yourself up as Mr. Superfan to lord over the rest of the fan base, i suggest pull you head out of where it resides and take a good look at this orginization and the mistakes it continues to make over and over.

HC: GW.

Staff:

Whoever GW wants.

Like I laid out last week. I can see GW bringing back Saunders if he gets canned in St Louis since Haslett is an interim coach there. We already have Collins for an open QB competition. And Al may like CB5 as well:)

I don't so much want Zorn fired as I want Vinny out of the building for good. If it takes firing Zorn and bringing in Cowher to do that, then I'm all for it. It's proven time and again that championship teams need a good GM. There's no excuse for how pathetic the offense has looked, the whole team needs be blown up and start all over again. No matter what happens to Zorn though Vinny must go.

I just want to remind everyone that last year at this time, Sean Taylor had passed away and we were 5-7, but what happened was that Joe Gibbs got everyone ready to play with a certain purpose. The biggest difference between this years team and last years team is that people were held accountable last season, but the Redskins just looked like they were going through the motions today, doing stupid penalties, stupid fumbles, and basically we looked like a very undisciplined football team. Joe Gibbs would have gotten this team ready to play today, but Jim Zorn didn't and thats why he should be fired.

Archived