Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Mike Rage Tags - They End NOW.

TK

bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!

whats so funny is you thinking your opinion matters AT ALL.

bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaa

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaa

Just out of curiosity, how is it that this guy's opinion is so incredibly inconsequential to you, apparently regardless of the topic, yet you're so irked by the smallest text on the site incessantly referring to some trivial joke, written by people of the same level of anonymity? Pretty paradoxical, dude.

Just out of curiosity, how is it that this guy's opinion is so incredibly inconsequential to you, apparently regardless of the topic, yet you're so irked by the smallest text on the site incessantly referring to some trivial joke, written by people of the same level of anonymity? Pretty paradoxical, dude.

Think he's being a bit sarcastic...

TK, Mark, Zoony, Jumbo, PCS...

Thank you very much for helping me out with this. It wasnt that I didnt find the humor in it at first but it just got to be too much and I started feeling they were cheap shots at me even when I didnt do anything. I have made very few tags and none of them are directed at people in a negative way.

Anyways, thanks to those who stuck up for me in here and thank all of you for complying with this. I dont want anyone to get in trouble AT ALL.

remeber who had your back from the beginning.

Some people need to learn to not take **** so seriously. Honestly, who gives a **** what some insignificant text says?

I understand the community that develops here, but there's still a line that needs to be drawn under the e-sensitivity column.

Sure, you're right about sensitivity...but there's a difference between being bothered by someone calling you out in a thread (which is fine IMO) and being bothered by constant abuse of tags where people utilize that anonymity to display their level of maturity (or lack thereof) and take cheapshots specifically aimed at another member.

Furthermore, the whole tag thing kind of speaks to the broader issue of how a site like this, a site that represents our organization and our fanbase, wants to be perceived. Diverse opinions on subjects should obviously be tolerated and facilitated on this site. However, essentially condoning members acting in an immature manner (even moreso than some already display) that can add to a negative overall picture of this site, the perception that outsiders get of our fanbase when they look at this site, just b/c people should "grow thick skin" is a bit ridiculous IMO.

Sure, you're right about sensitivity...but there's a difference between being bothered by someone calling you out in a thread (which is fine IMO) and being bothered by constant abuse of tags where people utilize that anonymity to display their level of maturity (or lack thereof) and take cheapshots specifically aimed at another member.

Furthermore, the whole tag thing kind of speaks to the broader issue of how a site like this, a site that represents our organization and our fanbase, wants to be perceived. Diverse opinions on subjects should obviously be tolerated and facilitated on this site. However, essentially condoning members acting in an immature manner (even moreso than some already display) that can add to a negative overall picture of this site, the perception that outsiders get of our fanbase when they look at this site, just b/c people should "grow thick skin" is a bit ridiculous IMO.

That's very idealist of you, but it's just one of those things that could never feasibly happen with over 80,000 participants.

I understand this heightened anonymity that people are associating with the tags, but you have to remember that this is an Internet message board. Having a username associated with your posts only peels off one layer of anonymity, leaving the entire rest of the onion in tact. There are people on here who hang out regularly, I know, but the majority of the board operates under the cloak of being anonymous, whether it be through posting. The tags were another way to exploit this pocket of Internet communication, but I don't think the anonymity exacerbated their use.

I don't think anyone was 'condoning' the tags being used the manner they were, any more than they were condoning the absurdity of the posts in the Stadium on a regular basis. There's always going to be a certain level of idiocy that needs to be tolerated because some people have no gut for patience or common sense.

I think that your views on how things SHOULD work are fantastic, but I think you also need to realize that the participants of this board, their views and their egos would never be complacent enough to fall in line. My main vein of thinking is simply that one who regularly discusses with strangers on the Internet needs to be tolerant of the absurdities that will evolve behind the oft-mentioned anonymity. Removing the tags, or even putting the user name next to each tag, only slightly brightens the dark cloud enveloping Internet discussion in general.

That's very idealist of you, but it's just one of those things that could never feasibly happen with over 80,000 participants.

What can't feasibly happen with over 80,000 people? This is not idealistic, in fact, it's explicitly stated in the rules and is one of the reasons moderators peruse threads and try to keep some semblance of sanity in this place.

Taking cheapshots in tags should be treated the same as when people take cheapshots and make personal insults in posts which is generally not accepted around here from what I've observed both in the forum rules and in the actions taken by mods on a constant basis. Case in point, a moderator started THIS thread about a particular abuse of tags warning people to no longer single out a specific member and continue a dumb and insulting joke here in the tailgate, a thread in which another, entirely different moderator specifically stated that he in fact does treat tags the same as posts.

Additionally, another moderator created an entirely separate thread in the stadium asking members to please review the rules partly because this type of crap (personal attacks and blatant disrespect of other members) seems to be escalating around here...heck, I've only been here a little over a year and I've noticed it.

but I don't think the anonymity exacerbated their use.

Of course it did. At least it did here in the TG where I post quite frequently; I've definintely noticed it. Other members have noticed it too, which is why there are other posts in this thread recommending the exact same thing which is to enable people to see the usernames behind the tags. I don't even know if that can be done with the way the server is set up, but I certainly believe it would deter some posters from acting like children without the mods continually have to waste their time having to constantly intervene to play referee and delete tags. :)

Just don't be so damn thin-skinned. I mean, if you're bothered by anonymous fools on an internet message board, then...:2cents:
Some people need to learn to not take **** so seriously. Honestly, who gives a **** what some insignificant text says?
Sheesh, I wish I had a nickel for every post I've seen in this thread like the two above.

What many of you are missing:

1) This **** has been going on for two months and there was no end in sight.

2) Every time anybody, anywhere, at any time, did a tag search, the tag in question LOOKED LIKE THIS within the tag cloud. That is not insignificant text. That is big, bold, in-your-face text. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here http://extremeskins.com/tags.php.

And it was going to be like that forever unless something was done.

The two comments above are completely uninformed posts.

can we just kill this thread? point is made and it is just going to turn in to people talking **** about me having thin skin more and more.

i really appreciated it TK. thank you very much man.

QFT

i feel like this is becoming more of a way for people to get aggressive and rebel against the rules instead of just getting the idea to be cool and let it lay.

i dont want anyone to be suspended or banned...i really dont. i just wanted it to stop and now it seems like its a way for people to express their disagreement with my feelings or how to argue with those who support me.

im sorry that it is going this way.

i feel like this is becoming more of a way for people to get aggressive and rebel against the rules instead of just getting the idea to be cool and let it lay.

i dont want anyone to be suspended or banned...i really dont. i just wanted it to stop and now it seems like its a way for people to express their disagreement with my feelings or how to argue with those who support me.

im sorry that it is going this way.

For the most part, I don't even think about it in reference to you, per say.

I just think it's a joke and kind of funny, never actually at your expense.

Except for when you do actually have on of your little rage fits, then it's funny because of that.

.......and we wonder why our posts dont count....the fact that bigmike gives two craps about the tags, combined with the fact people are upset they cant make the tags, mixed with the fact a README thread was created by the mods, has me dumbfounded

bring back the EmoChatKids and be done with all these shanagians

cue the SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA pics

That's not what I meant. If you've never done a tag search, then you don't know what I'm referring to.

Now, on a lighter note, what is wrong with the above picture? I just noticed this. My buddy is a big Superman fan, and he has stacks and stacks of Superman comics.

Anybody?

nobody guessed his flamingly gay pose?

Well, I guess that actually IS par for the course... but this one seemed even less subtle than usual.

1) This **** has been going on for two months and there was no end in sight.

2) Every time anybody, anywhere, at any time, did a tag search, the tag in question LOOKED LIKE THIS within the tag cloud. That is not insignificant text. That is big, bold, in-your-face text. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here http://extremeskins.com/tags.php.

And it was going to be like that forever unless something was done.

The two comments above are completely uninformed posts.

Another:

...the fact that bigmike gives two craps about the tags, combined with the fact people are upset they cant make the tags, mixed with the fact a README thread was created by the mods, has me dumbfounded...

I was always taught perception is reality.

Whether right or wrong.

Personally, I have never used, searched, or made a tag. I think they are stupid and always have been.

Mike, I saw the tags, and rarely were they funny, mostly idiotic and misplaced. However, as someone basically stated you created this personae. I don't see it very often, but from time to time, even you have to admit it happens. Same as if every thread had a tag that says "Kosher is an *******". I could care less. Just like "Rick rolls" all internet jokes get lame and stupid after a while.

Glad it's done with though because from the get go almost it was pretty lame. I too would be interested in who the first person was to post it. Because clearly they have a lot of followers and are quite powerful. You might have to hire MSF for protection and KingBrice (aka Coach Williams) for his mop to help clean up the carnage.

.......and we wonder why our posts dont count....the fact that bigmike gives two craps about the tags, combined with the fact people are upset they cant make the tags, mixed with the fact a README thread was created by the mods, has me dumbfounded

I know. That's almost as crazy as a thread made up entirely of weird photoshops, crazy pictures and funny .gifs. What, you never saw that? :)

Archived