Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All of those who want to get rid of Campbell

alwaysaskin

This is really a major issue. Campbell's contract is up. The way this league works is either give him a 5-year deal with starter money or move on to someone else. If the playoffs get out of reach, I want to at least give Brennan a half or a quarter to show if he at least has aaaannnnyyy sort of promise for the future.

I don't know all the answers, but what if other people are wrong and it's not just the lines? What if we commit an enormous amount of money to Campbell, fix the lines, and he's still not producing? What if we have a Derek Anderson situation on our hands next year? How far will that set us back in terms of the cap and the progression of this offense?

You have to at least see what you have on this roster, even if it's just for a couple minutes on the field. You have to review all your options before you make a proper decision. It's called due diligence.

I know it's a tough call to make and I personally haven't given up on Campbell, but do consider myself a big Brennan supporter.

God bless to those who actually do have to make the decisions moving forward.

:doh:

Maybe one of the dumbest responses I've ever read, ever.

What I'm saying is that anyone who even thinks that we should be drafting a quarterback is delirious. That includes the OP and anyone who supports the idea. Newsflash: A post in the thread can be criticizing the thread itself. You're not new, you know this.

it says it right there. All of those who want to get rid of campbell. what's wrong with drafting QB? if the best player is QB during the time we ready to draft, u pick the best player. lets face it, JC is a mediocre QB. and ur initial point was that we should be talking about our OLINE. u are all over the place dude. u should quit while ur ahead.

let JC finish out the season and we look for a new QB. nothing more, nothing less.

Considering he has neither it's kind of tough to gauge.

It is starting to look like 6-2 was because of Campbell and in spite of the rest of the team, instead of 6-2 was because of the rest of the team and in spite of Campbell.

TC did pretty well with neither last year. :doh:

Maybe, it's the 3rd excuse, new system. Or, it's 4th...

This team's ENTIRE focus should be on the lines. The QB change, if necessary, should come later.

Yes. And MAYBE, MAYBE an OLB. Because they are a starter short there.

if he was let go collins would start, if we dont keep him, then CB5 would be it

I have no idea what this means.

-------------------------------------------

The obvious answer to this question is going to be CB. Who's already on the roster. The other thing you have to think about for the draft is where the 'Skins will be picking, probably square at #21 again, or there abouts. And they don't have a 2nd round pick.

None of the FAs interest me in the least.

There is EXACTLY ONE scenario that I think you would HAVE to pay attention to. IF the Patriots feel like they can win with Cassel, and are willing to shop Brady, then you take a shot on Brady. And that's no disrespect to JC. But Brady is just different.

I don't think the Pats would be that stupid. But if they are, you might be able to do a 3 way trade, JC for something, something to the Pats for Brady. But that's just not going to happen.

it says it right there. All of those who want to get rid of campbell. what's wrong with drafting QB? if the best player is QB during the time we ready to draft, u pick the best player. lets face it, JC is a mediocre QB. and ur initial point was that we should be talking about our OLINE. u are all over the place dude. u should quit while ur ahead.

let JC finish out the season and we look for a new QB. nothing more, nothing less.

Looking for a new quarterback in this situation is absolutely ridiculous, and believe me, this sentence is lacking a good number of adverbs and adjectives.

Our BIGGEST problem is our lines. That's nine effing players right there, and that's only the starters. Anyone not named Chris Samuels, and even he isn't doing a great job (I'll give him a pass on his knee based on his record), should be ashamed of himself.

Even talking about a new quarterback just makes one look stupid.

TC did pretty well with neither last year. :doh:

Maybe, it's the 3rd excuse, new system. Or, it's 4th...

yeah, what TC did last yr confirms that JC doesnt have it and that other QBs are better with this "OLINE" It also confirmed that JC is mediocre.

the problem TC is that obviously, he aint the answer cause he is at the end of his career. It does however assure us fans that JC isnt the answer and that we need to find a new QB.

This is really a major issue. Campbell's contract is up. The way this league works is either give him a 5-year deal with starter money or move on to someone else. If the playoffs get out of reach, I want to at least give Brennan a half or a quarter to show if he at least has aaaannnnyyy sort of promise for the future.

I thought it was up after next season, not after this season....

yeah, what TC did last yr confirms that JC doesnt have it and that other QBs are better with this "OLINE" It also confirmed that JC is mediocre.

the problem TC is that obviously, he aint the answer cause he is at the end of his career. It does however assure us fans that JC isnt the answer and that we need to find a new QB.

Because you can judge oh-so-much from the 12 games he played last season, his first season starting.

Looking for a new quarterback in this situation is absolutely ridiculous, and believe me, this sentence is lacking a good number of adverbs and adjectives.

Our BIGGEST problem is our lines. That's nine effing players right there, and that's only the starters. Anyone not named Chris Samuels, and even he isn't doing a great job (I'll give him a pass on his knee based on his record), should be ashamed of himself.

Even talking about a new quarterback just makes one look stupid.

Oline is part of the problem. Campbell is the biggest problem , position considered to be the most important on offense. even with a new Oline, JC's mediocrity wont make it better. A QB that cant read defense, has the slowest drop steps, holds the ball too long, is fixed on first option too long, cant side step, cant step up, cant roll out from weak side, .... U name it. this guy cant do it.

only thing JC has is a pretty throw and a sprial.

let JC finish the season and let there be QB competetion. if we do have an opportunity to get a proven QB or a great prospect, you get it over campbell. it's a no brainer. Campbell is at best mediocre. we have seen the best of him.

Because you can judge oh-so-much from the 12 games he played last season, his first season starting.

he is going on 27 yrs old. that isnt enough games for you? even if it is, there is no progression. he has regressed. sure, if there is any sign of this mediocre QB campbell getting better, i have no problem giving him more time. BUt lets face it, even stevie wonder can see that this guy campbell doesnt have QB attributes to be good i nthe league. lets not kid ourselves here.

Oline is part of the problem. Campbell is the biggest problem , position considered to be the most important on offense. even with a new Oline, JC's mediocrity wont make it better. A QB that cant read defense, has the slowest drop steps, holds the ball too long, is fixed on first option too long, cant side step, cant step up, cant roll out from weak side, .... U name it. this guy cant do it.

only thing JC has is a pretty throw and a sprial.

let JC finish the season and let there be QB competetion. if we do have an opportunity to get a proven QB or a great prospect, you get it over campbell. it's a no brainer. Campbell is at best mediocre. we have seen the best of him.

I can't believe that you actually wrote that.

It's even harder to believe that you MEAN that.

I say keep the same QB situation we have now and hope that Colt shows some growth and outplays TC in 2009 training camp to get bumped up to #2.

In 2009 JC will be playing for an extension (or at least a nice contract elsewhere). If he doesn't produce by keeping us looking playoff bound by halfway through the season, we need to move on. Put in Colt, see what he has to offer.

Also, next season we'll be bringing in some new, younger lineman (hopefully). As long as Vinny doesn't screw the pooch by failing to address the OL depth in the 2009 draft, and with continued growth by our young receivers, 2010 should be a solid year for this team, and whoever the QB is should have a good supporting cast in place.

If JC had a line, sure your excuse will be "If JC had WRs,..."

...or he's playing his first full year...or he's in a new system...or, well you get it. The excuse train is pulling alot of cars.

Seriously, bring in a decent vet and open the starters position to competition. Pick a solid FA OT and draft another lineman. If JC wins the spot in training camp then he wins. If, by late in the season he's earned an extension then extend him.

For Clarification issues:

I want lines in the draft look at my posts, this is a question for those who want to get rid of Campbell, who would you replace him with? If you don't have a guaranteed stud in waiting why pull the trigger? Seriously, I just want to know who of the available or soon to be available QB's would those people replace Campbell with

Oline is part of the problem. Campbell is the biggest problem , position considered to be the most important on offense. even with a new Oline, JC's mediocrity wont make it better.

You're argument makes no sense whatsoever. If Jason can't get the job done when the line is playing better, then who was quarterbacking the team when we won 6 of the next 8 games after the first Giants game?

You probably don't know. You weren't around then since we were winning and it wasn't the right time to bash Jason.

My question is simple who do we replace Campbell with, the crop of 2009 FA QB's is this:

Charlie Batch

Brock Berlin

Kyle Boller

Matt Cassel

Kerry Collins

Bruce Eugene

Charlie Frye

Jeff Garcia

David Garrard

Rex Grossman

Gibran Hamdan

JP Losman

Luke McCown

JT O'Sullivan

Kyle Orton

Patrick Ramsey

Kurt Warner

Anthony Wright

Of these FA's we can assume that Collins, Orton and Warner will be resigned. Boller, Frye and Losman are busts. Does anyone want Rex Grossman? I'd definitely say hell no to the return of Patrick Ramsey.

The only FA I'd even look at would be Jeff Garcia who will be 39 at the start of next season. So what's our next option, do we try to trade for Derek Anderson, who is a one hit wonder? Now let's look at the draft:

The '09 QB Class is:

Tim Tebow-Florida (Might Not declare)

Todd Boeckman-Ohio State

Sam Bradford- Oklahoma

Matt Stafford-Georgia

Nathan Brown-Central Arkansas

Hunter Cantwell- Louisville

Rudy Carpenter- Arizona State

Chase Clement-Rice

Chase Daniel-Missouri

Nate Davis-Ball State

Drew Willy-Buffalo

Julian Edelmen-Kent State

Cullen harper-Clemson

Graham Harrell-Texas Tech (Might not declare)

Chase Holbrook- New Mexico State

Colt McCoy- Texas (Might not declare)

Mike Reilly-Central Washington

Curtis Painter-Purdue

Tom Bradstater-Fresno State

Rhett Bomar-Sam Houston State

Dan LeFevour-Central Michigan

Brian Hoyer-Michigan State

Stephen McGee -Texas A&M

Sean Glennon-VA Tech

Willie Tuituama-Arizona

John Parker Wilson-Alabama

Joe Ganz-Nebraska

Ben Olson-UCLA

Bobby Reid-Texas Southern

Clint Cochran-Toledo

Mike Teel-Rutgers

Keith Null-West Texas A&M

Of all of those prospects listed the only three I would even look at are Davis, Lefevouror Daniels. Given what will be available when we pick, and we better not blow a first rounder on a QB unless we know that we have the next combo of Marina, Montana, Peyton and Brady.

So barring some outlandish trade (The Colts will not give us Peyton for a package of Plackemeier and Suisham) who do you think would be an improvement?

Or do we start Todd or Colt?

Warner has stated that he will retire after this season. The Boldin injury made his mind up for him.

You're argument makes no sense whatsoever. If Jason can't get the job done when the line is playing better, then who was quarterbacking the team when we won 6 of the next 8 games after the first Giants game?

You probably don't know. You weren't around then since we were winning and it wasn't the right time to bash Jason.

it makes no sense cause our OLine always suck every play right? When oline does give him protection, he hasnt been able to do anything. that is what u need to concentrate on. at best mediocre. oh man, JC's plays when he doesnt get pressured is mind blowing! can this guy ever make a play when he is pressurred? his drop step from the center is so robotic. never seen a QB that takes that long to make 3 drop step. then his 7 step drops. oh boy. cant read defense. cant side step, step up, rolll from his weak side.. and make play. its what QBs do after a sack that we should be talking about. good QBs get right back up and make a play after a sack. its what Qbs do between sacks and plays that they are pressurred. .

Regardless of whether or not he is a franchise QB, O-line has to be higher up on the priority list. If we had the right guy in there and no o-line, he'd be getting beat up too. Fix the O-line, wait til next year to decide whether or not to extend Campbell.

Archived