Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All of those who want to get rid of Campbell

alwaysaskin

My question is simple who do we replace Campbell with, the crop of 2009 FA QB's is this:

Charlie Batch

Brock Berlin

Kyle Boller

Matt Cassel

Kerry Collins

Bruce Eugene

Charlie Frye

Jeff Garcia

David Garrard

Rex Grossman

Gibran Hamdan

JP Losman

Luke McCown

JT O'Sullivan

Kyle Orton

Patrick Ramsey

Kurt Warner

Anthony Wright

Of these FA's we can assume that Collins, Orton and Warner will be resigned. Boller, Frye and Losman are busts. Does anyone want Rex Grossman? I'd definitely say hell no to the return of Patrick Ramsey.

The only FA I'd even look at would be Jeff Garcia who will be 39 at the start of next season. So what's our next option, do we try to trade for Derek Anderson, who is a one hit wonder? Now let's look at the draft:

The '09 QB Class is:

Tim Tebow-Florida (Might Not declare)

Todd Boeckman-Ohio State

Sam Bradford- Oklahoma

Matt Stafford-Georgia

Nathan Brown-Central Arkansas

Hunter Cantwell- Louisville

Rudy Carpenter- Arizona State

Chase Clement-Rice

Chase Daniel-Missouri

Nate Davis-Ball State

Drew Willy-Buffalo

Julian Edelmen-Kent State

Cullen harper-Clemson

Graham Harrell-Texas Tech (Might not declare)

Chase Holbrook- New Mexico State

Colt McCoy- Texas (Might not declare)

Mike Reilly-Central Washington

Curtis Painter-Purdue

Tom Bradstater-Fresno State

Rhett Bomar-Sam Houston State

Dan LeFevour-Central Michigan

Brian Hoyer-Michigan State

Stephen McGee -Texas A&M

Sean Glennon-VA Tech

Willie Tuituama-Arizona

John Parker Wilson-Alabama

Joe Ganz-Nebraska

Ben Olson-UCLA

Bobby Reid-Texas Southern

Clint Cochran-Toledo

Mike Teel-Rutgers

Keith Null-West Texas A&M

Of all of those prospects listed the only three I would even look at are Davis, Lefevouror Daniels. Given what will be available when we pick, and we better not blow a first rounder on a QB unless we know that we have the next combo of Marina, Montana, Peyton and Brady.

So barring some outlandish trade (The Colts will not give us Peyton for a package of Plackemeier and Suisham) who do you think would be an improvement?

Or do we start Todd or Colt?

Of all of those prospects listed the only three I would even look at are Davis, Lefevouror Daniels.

You mean Chase Daniel (not Daniels, sorry a pet pieve)? He's good, I've watched him play live many, many times. But, he's short, but he's got a lot of heart and moves around pretty well. Not sure how how well he'll be able to see over the OL.

Not sure if he'll be much of an upgrade over Colt...

Of all of those prospects listed the only three I would even look at are Davis, Lefevouror Daniels. Given what will be available when we pick, and we better not blow a first rounder on a QB unless we know that we have the next combo of Marina, Montana, Peyton and Brady.

So barring some outlandish trade (The Colts will not give us Peyton for a package of Plackemeier and Suisham) who do you think would be an improvement?

Or do we start Todd or Colt?

So if we never gets guarantee combo of Marina, Montana, Peyton and Brady, we'll never pick a 1st rd QB? Tell that to Atlanta and Baltimore. I am sure they are regretting their decision. :doh:

This class is either Bradford or Stafford. After that, I wouldn't mind McCoy. He'll declare if he's 1st / 2nd. Next, few picks would be OL and DL.

i would want to get some game film on colt .... let him finish out the second half next week and the rest of the season. By then they can have half an idea if we should get a QB elsewhere .... I would rather see us lose with CB in there to determine if he has any chance than watch JC lose ....

there is plenty of film on JC, get some on CB and make a determination from there

I don't understand how anyone could suggest that we spend any draft pick on anything but an offensive or defensive lineman.

Seriously, it blows my mind.

because the thread is called "All of who want to get rid of campbell".

if it was "get rid of so and so and get a new Oline" then we would reply appropriately.

seriously, it blows my mind how some people dont read the topic of threads.

because the thread is called "All of who want to get rid of campbell".

if it was "get rid of so and so and get a new Oline" then we would reply appropriately.

seriously, it blows my mind how some people dont read the topic of threads.

:doh:

Maybe one of the dumbest responses I've ever read, ever.

What I'm saying is that anyone who even thinks that we should be drafting a quarterback is delirious. That includes the OP and anyone who supports the idea. Newsflash: A post in the thread can be criticizing the thread itself. You're not new, you know this.

If JC had a line, sure your excuse will be "If JC had WRs,..."

Considering he has neither it's kind of tough to gauge.

It is starting to look like 6-2 was because of Campbell and in spite of the rest of the team, instead of 6-2 was because of the rest of the team and in spite of Campbell.

Archived