Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All of those who want to get rid of Campbell

alwaysaskin

Schaub seems to be doing pretty well.

Pretty sure it was hands down Carr.

You want another excuse laden QB.....Ramsey.

His career took off once he got a good OL didnt it?

Ramsey stunk too.

Schaub's team is building through the draft, as we should. He has a few more pieces than Carr had. Even so, Schaub still gets smacked around to the point where he's out.

Exactly. People continue to back Jason Campbell because we see what he's done when he has a healthy confident offensive line.

Campbell doesn't suck, he's no Plack and that's why half see it one way and the other impatient half see it the other.

Exactly! Our line's strong suit is supposed to be run blocking. The o-line was 27th in pass protection before the Steelers game, yet JC was still putting up good numbers. If the o-line can't even do what they are supposed to best, which is run block, how much worse is the pass protection.

Portis' carries last 4 losses.

Steelers - 2 carries over 5 yds. 11 carries less than 5 yds.

Dallas - 5, 8, 3, 9 and we scored After that 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1

Prevent D 20, 10,-2

Giants - 3, 1, 1, 5,-2 5, 2, 3 No runs over 5 yds.

Baltimore - 4, 0, 1, 0, 10, 2,-1, 1, 2, 2 One run over 5 yds.

Tell me again why our line doesn't share some of the blame for the last 4 losses.

Exactly! Our line's strong suit is supposed to be run blocking. The o-line was 27th in pass protection before the Steelers game, yet JC was still putting up good numbers. If the o-line can't even do what they are supposed to best, which is run block, how much worse is the pass protection.

Portis' carries last 4 losses.

Steelers - 2 carries over 5 yds. 11 carries less than 5 yds.

Dallas - 5, 8, 3, 9 and we scored After that 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1

Prevent D 20, 10,-2

Giants - 3, 1, 1, 5,-2 5, 2, 3 No runs over 5 yds.

Baltimore - 4, 0, 1, 0, 10, 2,-1, 1, 2, 2 One run over 5 yds.

Tell me again why our line doesn't share some of the blame for the last 4 losses.

They absolutely share the blame.

But it is very difficult to run when you are a one trick pony.

Once teams stacked the box, all the others had a blueprint for kicking our butts.

Pressure Campbell and stack the line.

Game over. Redskins lose.

They absolutely share the blame.

But it is very difficult to run when you are a one trick pony.

Once teams stacked the box, all the others had a blueprint for kicking our butts.

Pressure Campbell and stack the line.

Game over. Redskins lose.

Completely agree. The Steelers gave every team after them an engraved agenda on how to beat the Redskins.

I would add, double team Moss. He's the only WR who might get deep. Make JC throw quick. Keep the other db's and linebackers in close and disrupt the short passing game which is a WCO staple. No YAC even when the pass is caught and not batted down.

Seeing the giants game again you can really see that Zorn had a pretty good gameplan but the Oline was HORRIBLE in this game. Rabach was pushed around and couldn't control the ravens nose tackle. ON one play the nose tackle just gave him a slap to the head and moved him out of the way as if he wasn't even there. Both Tackles looked terrible. Samuels has no speed coming out and since campbell drops back a bit too far, the DEs can just beat Samuels and Jansen with their quickness. I don't know how or why Jansen is still playing. The guy looks like a rookie out there. Almost everytime they either push him into Campbell or he just gets beat. Pete and Thomas did a good job.

I saw Sellars and the Runnnig backs also having problems protecting Campbell. Actually Campbell didn't have a bad game. Under the circumstances he played well. The recievers also played well.

I think I will retrack my statements about Cambpell. I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell plays extremely well against Cinny. Samuels and Jansen have been playing poorly and putting in Heyer and with the combination of a TE and whom ever they replace Jansen with may actually be better for the skins. The running game will struggle but I think they will protect Campbell.

I think Houston needs to get rid of their existing regime. To tell you the truth David Carr led the league in sacks there, he still managed to somehow fight for every play. He still had the fire to make the next play. Campbell seems to me like he's really stressed out when he's playing, he doesn't look like he's fighting to win. David Carr did look pretty damn impressive with the giants preseason. We can argue all we want about how unfair it is to be Campbell, bad OL, bad WR, whatever until Danny says he's not our starter - Campbell is our starter. Zorn drafted Brennan, so far, he was only given a chance to play with 3 stringers and has only proved he can play well given the opportunities. It has almost been an entire season seeing Campbell play and Colt practice. I really don't think Campbell has any value in the outside market than being a backup with any other organization. He has good wide receivers and a clutch catchin TE. If Campbell complained about his offense giving up, it maybe that the players gave up on him.

My sigs says who I back, but I won't be making excuses for him if he screws up. He has always been an underdog, a red headed stepchild, the gimic QB whatever.... But he is waiting for his opportunity.. I think alot redskins are waiting for his opportunity. Campbell had his opportunity and still has an opportunity - only until Danny pulls the plug or if he pulls the plug.

Campbell has to go or Zorn needs to change his approach and roll him out more to buy him time. He has a terrific arm. But I do not think he has nearly enough time to know who is going to be open. Part of that is because we are running rotten routes or our recivers are not that good. Moss is the only bonified reciver we have.

Jason's line does not deserve anything for Xmas. The offence as a whole looks like crape.

If Portis had a real line in front of him. He would have 2600 yards already.

If JC had a line, sure your excuse will be "If JC had WRs,..."

And, when he does have WRs, it would be if ONLY JC had a good RB. And, if he had a good RB ... Wish JC had a #1 defense ... and it goes on and on.

The 2 rookies are DOING BETTER than him with roughly about the same talent on offense. For instance, take Joe Flacco, he made a couple of great plays against us. And, lets keep in mind we do have a decent defense. The way he reads coverages is awesome. The way he toasted Carlos "loser" Rogers was incredible. Have yet to see JC show that he has the "IT" factor.

Trade him, and hopefully is stupid enough to give us what we gave up for him!

The Todd Collins argument is beyond stupid. Let it go. So put Todd Collins in 'this" offense and see how he does. Todd came in and played in an offense he had been in for 12 years or something...when Saunders was here(IN THAT OFFENSE). Just man..some folks are seriously thick.

I'm not one of these folks sitting here saying Jason has no part in this..sure he does, but for you out there that think it's solely his fault and has nothing to do with receivers catching the ball, or a terrible o line...you're highly uninformed, misled and delusional.

And, oh! Wasn't JC drafted because the offensive system he played in Auburn was similar to the one coach Gibbs/Als Saunders were using?

This thing about system is plain B/S. Another excuse to protect JC, and embrassing reality that he is a useless QB.

Jeff Garcia played for the 49ers, Eagles, and now Tampa Bay ... and, he is doing just fine. 3 different offenses. Yes! There may be some overtures, but they are not mirror/exact replicas.

Take Kurt Warner ... Didn't he have to learn new offensive system while playing for the Ram, and when he played for the Giants, and now the Cardinals.

And, there are a number of other QBs, who have done that. Take Favre and Pennington. They too had to learn new systems. But, they are elite QBs who are doing good things for their respective teams.

For crying out loud, even a backup QB is better at learning different offenses ... Shaun Hill of the 49ers is good example.

And, oh! Wasn't JC drafted because the offensive system he played in Auburn was similar to the one coach Gibbs/Als Saunders were using?

This thing about system is plain B/S. Another excuse to protect JC, and embrassing reality that he is a useless QB.

Jeff Garcia played for the 49ers, Eagles, and now Tampa Bay ... and, he is doing just fine. 3 different offenses. Yes! There may be some overtures, but they are not mirror/exact replicas.

Take Kurt Warner ... Didn't he have to learn new offensive system while playing for the Ram, and when he played for the Giants, and now the Cardinals.

And, there are a number of other QBs, who have done that. Take Favre and Pennington. They too had to learn new systems. But, they are elite QBs who are doing good things for their respective teams.

For crying out loud, even a backup QB is better at learning different offenses ... Shaun Hill of the 49ers is good example.

Shaun Hill? The guy benched by Mike Martz cause he didn't know the offense and then had to dumb down the plays because he didn't know the playbook as well as the guy ahead of him who couldn't run it?

That Shaun Hill?

My 49er's fan roommate is lol'ing.

You're right. Jason Campbell has been in the league the same amount of years and has the experience of Kurt Warner, Brett Favre and Chad Pennington. He should be throwing TDs left and right. (Sarcasm for all you slow kids..)

JC is struggling. I was a supporter and have begun to sway. HOWEVER - the line has been an issue for several years now. It is difficult for any young QB to make reads when his first concern is not getting blindsided and fumbling. JC finally got over that but now he's getting hit within 2-3 seconds. JC is not the problem with this team. Get him an o-line that gives him the QB clock that most other teams in the league have, then make a decision.

What bothers me the most about the "bench JC = logical solution and/or paloffs" crowd is not that I believe them to be wholly incorrect. I can deal with that. Differing opinions, as well as the pairing of burgundy with gold, makes the world go round. No, my problem with that crowd is that their assumptions are arrogantly made without any findings in differing circumstances, and based off of the naive notion that a young QB with REAL talent can/should thrive without a strong supporting cast. I'm sorry, but when Zorn is proud of Campbell for taking the opposing defense's abuse on the chin, something is horribly, horribly wrong. It's not just the sacks. It's the hurries and knockdowns.

The old, thoroughly tongue-in-cheek saying "the QB gets all of the credit and all of the blame" has stood the test of time because of discussions like these. Come on, guys. Three offensive linemen drafted during the first 3 rounds of the draft so far this decade? That's total BS, and you know it. Save your abuse until Campbell lays an egg while boasting a superb OL, receiving corps, and experience within this new system. Until then, pine for Brennan, but he isn't going to get the nod while the OL is in disarray, and the rookies are unable to run their routes properly. Furthermore, he wouldn't do any better. Such an outcome would defy logic of any sort, and I would be forced to eat a huge, steaming plate of crow, which just ain't going down.

What bothers me the most about the "bench JC = logical solution and/or paloffs" crowd is not that I believe them to be wholly incorrect. I can deal with that. Differing opinions, as well as the pairing of burgundy with gold, makes the world go round. No, my problem with that crowd is that their assumptions are arrogantly made without any findings in differing circumstances, and based off of the naive notion that a young QB with REAL talent can/should thrive without a strong supporting cast. I'm sorry, but when Zorn is proud of Campbell for taking the opposing defense's abuse on the chin, something is horribly, horribly wrong. It's not just the sacks. It's the hurries and knockdowns.

The old, thoroughly tongue-in-cheek saying "the QB gets all of the credit and all of the blame" has stood the test of time because of discussions like these. Come on, guys. Three offensive linemen drafted during the first 3 rounds of the draft so far this decade? That's total BS, and you know it. Save your abuse until Campbell lays an egg while boasting a superb OL, receiving corps, and experience within this new system. Until then, pine for Brennan, but he isn't going to get the nod while the OL is in disarray, and the rookies are unable to run their routes properly. Furthermore, he wouldn't do any better. Such an outcome would defy logic of any sort, and I would be forced to eat a huge, steaming plate of crow, which just ain't going down.

Are you really only 17?

See the problem is the fans think JC needs to go wrong.. I'm sorry give any QB are o line this year they would be on there butts too.. Let all come back to earth to people.. Colt played against 3rd strings and rookies in preseason.. Colt would be having a rib injury.. The point i'm making is JC is a good qb but Great QB have good o lines too.. Kinda goes hand and hand.. I'm proud of JC this year but come on you've all seen what he can do when there is blocking.. I mean he was lucky he got 3 seconds before RATBIRDS WERE IN HIS FACE.. Heck the first interception was cause samuels got beat right off the snap from suggs.. Do I want us to Win of course but Early this year the line did what it needed to do to give JC time.. After the Giants game.. After the rams game it took alot of fire out of some of the guys i think..

Don't give up on JC. I know I haven't ..

Give him Good pass protection and JC can get us points.

I would put in Colt Brennan,bench Campbell.If ravens and falcons could start a rookie and they are playing well,why can't we? Campbell had four years to get it together and I don't want to hear excuses about new offense. He just don't cut it being a starter but maybe second string?

They all run the SAME offense. What do Steve Marriucci, Andy Reid, and John Gruden have in common?

Old Walrus Holmgren taught all of them. They all run the same WCO.

1992-coaches.jpg

Notice the top row, and than shut up.

JC was never brought in because he ran Saunder's offense in College or High School. Nobody runs Saunder's offense except for Saunders. He's ran the WCO before, but never Zorn's WCO. He showed progression in the first half of the season, before our OL decided half a season was enough.

I would put in Colt Brennan,bench Campbell.If ravens and falcons could start a rookie and they are playing well,why can't we? Campbell had four years to get it together and I don't want to hear excuses about new offense. He just don't cut it being a starter but maybe second string?

That's the stupidest logic I've ever heard.

Start Brennan because he's a rookie? "Hey, it worked for other teams! JC keeps getting sacked, what a Bum!"

Explain the whole 4 years thing. He hasn't had 4 years to get it together. He's barely had 2. This will be his first FULL season starting. He finished '06, played for the first 3/4s of '07, and this season he showed progress until that fantastic OL decided to show its true identity.

What bothers me the most about the "bench JC = logical solution and/or paloffs" crowd is not that I believe them to be wholly incorrect. I can deal with that. Differing opinions, as well as the pairing of burgundy with gold, makes the world go round. No, my problem with that crowd is that their assumptions are arrogantly made without any findings in differing circumstances, and based off of the naive notion that a young QB with REAL talent can/should thrive without a strong supporting cast.

Your logic isn't welcome here.

If I were you, I'd lie about my age. Anyone over 50 who believes that they know everything about football because of their age will critique everything you post due to your age, and not because of the abundance of reason in your posts.

So if we never gets guarantee combo of Marina, Montana, Peyton and Brady, we'll never pick a 1st rd QB? Tell that to Atlanta and Baltimore. I am sure they are regretting their decision. :doh:

This class is either Bradford or Stafford. After that, I wouldn't mind McCoy. He'll declare if he's 1st / 2nd. Next, few picks would be OL and DL.

McCoy has already said he's staying.

Does anybody who criticizes Campbell have to be Benedict Arnold?

Just assume it is a rule: SEC QBs generally usually don't make it in the NFL. Yes, there's Eli Manning, but he is an exception. The last one before him was his brother Peyton-- ten years ago.

The SEC teams are great, but the QBs are game managers. They aren't leaders. They are robot stepford puppets of the dictatorial coaches. Look at the QB of last year's SEC and National Champion-- Matt Flynn. Total non-entity.

The best QBs come out of the mid-majors or non-BCS schools. Roethlisberger, Univ. Miami, Ohio. Romo sits to pee, Eastern Ill. I could go on. That's because they aren't judged on their technical ability to carry out rote instructions. They are forced to adapt and deal with adversity. There is an emphasis on self-preservation and flexibilty.

People who support Campbell are assuming Washington is going to build a team as dominant as the 2004 Auburn team. That's probably not going to happen.

Archived