Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All of those who want to get rid of Campbell

alwaysaskin

For Clarification issues:

I want lines in the draft look at my posts, this is a question for those who want to get rid of Campbell, who would you replace him with? If you don't have a guaranteed stud in waiting why pull the trigger? Seriously, I just want to know who of the available or soon to be available QB's would those people replace Campbell with

Good OLs can be found later in the draft, or even, undrafted. While, most good QBs are found in 1st / 2nd. Why can't you draft a QB and draft OLs (we going to need a few) later on? It's going to take 2-3 years for them to become good. Why not have them grow together.

As for waiting for guaranteed stud to pull the trigger, if there such a thing, other teams would be on it too. Right now, we have mediocre at QB. I'll take even an average rookie QB over that.

it makes no sense cause our OLine always suck every play right? When oline does give him protection, he hasnt been able to do anything. that is what u need to concentrate on. at best mediocre. .

Not going to argue with you anymre. FACT IS when the line was playing better Jason quarterbacked this team to 6 W's out of 8 games. Jason put up very good numbers in several of the games and better than average numbers in the others. It is fact. It's in the history books. Nothing you say will ever change it.

it makes no sense cause our OLine always suck every play right? When oline does give him protection, he hasnt been able to do anything. that is what u need to concentrate on. at best mediocre. oh man, JC's plays when he doesnt get pressured is mind blowing! can this guy ever make a play when he is pressurred? his drop step from the center is so robotic. never seen a QB that takes that long to make 3 drop step. then his 7 step drops. oh boy. cant read defense. cant side step, step up, rolll from his weak side.. and make play. its what QBs do after a sack that we should be talking about. good QBs get right back up and make a play after a sack. its what Qbs do between sacks and plays that they are pressurred. .

I really hope that English is your second language, because you're not understanding what we're saying and I have no idea what the hell I just read.

Good OLs can be found later in the draft, or even, undrafted. While, most good QBs are found in 1st / 2nd. Why can't you draft a QB and draft OLs (we going to need a few) later on? It's going to take 2-3 years for them to become good. Why not have them grow together.

As for waiting for guaranteed stud to pull the trigger, if there such a thing, other teams would be on it too. Right now, we have mediocre at QB. I'll take even an average rookie QB over that.

Not following.

Most good players at ANY position are found in the first or second round, save for maybe long snappers, kickers, and punters.

You spend higher draft picks on higher priorities. Our priority is on the line. You pick which one.

Not following.

Most good players at ANY position are found in the first or second round, save for maybe long snappers, kickers, and punters.

You spend higher draft picks on higher priorities. Our priority is on the line. You pick which one.

It's more easy to find good OL in later rounds, or even, undrafted. Not same with QBs. Look at Giants OL.

We can get a young QB and still fill OL needs in later round. Doesn't work the other way around.

Not following.

Agreed. Offensive tackles, good ones, are found in the first round. Guards and centers, yeah 2nd and 3rd rounders make good linemen, but the best OTs go early.

If anyone suggests drafting a QB instead of Oline then make sure you tell them they'd better have some of the quickest feet you've ever scene because they will not have any protection.

Gerrard is a FA? Are you sure? He's pretty good.

1. On April 7, 2008 it was announced that the Jaguars and Garrard had agreed to a contract extension, worth $60 million for 6 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Garrard

2. He's overated. 62.4 CMP%, 11 TD's, 10 INT.

D.Garrard,D.Anderson,J.Campbell are all the same type of player.

It's more easy to find good OL in later rounds, or even, undrafted. Not same with QBs. Look at Giants OL.

We can get a young QB and still fill OL needs in later round. Doesn't work the other way around.

Ah, I see your point now.

However, we don't need a quarterback. At all. We need more linemen. I honestly wouldn't be pissed to pick up seven this draft.

Ah, I see your point now.

However, we don't need a quarterback. At all. We need more linemen. I honestly wouldn't be pissed to pick up seven this draft.

Finally somebody who agrees with me... We need lineman!!! Campbell is way better than kerry colins and matt cassel... yet why are they better... LINEMEN!!!!!

I concur.

Even Todd Collins played against this same line last year and took us to the playoffs. The offensive line may be a part of the problem but as we all know, a big part of the quarterback's role is to cooperate with his linemen. I say, I've seen nothing spectacular from Jason Campbell that helps influence me to say he is a good quarterback. Take, for example, his stats. He still holds an uninspiring 11 TDs in only 13 games which does not surprise me. Hence, his last year stats shows that he scored 11 TDs in thirteen games too. A disturbing trend I might acknowledge...

His potential is almost gone; we have seen the last of his performance; we have seen the last of him.

1. On April 7, 2008 it was announced that the Jaguars and Garrard had agreed to a contract extension, worth $60 million for 6 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Garrard

2. He's overated. 62.4 CMP%, 11 TD's, 10 INT.

D.Garrard,D.Anderson,J.Campbell are all the same type of player.

Your wrong about Gerrard, he is pretty good and much better then JC and DA. His teams changed this year and now needs a solid RB to compliment MJD as Taylors too old. The numbers don't tell the true story. Also with his #1 WR being on the verge of suspension all year they've not had anyone to rely on. Check the numbers last year for how good he is. I thought he shouldn't be on this list. I'd trade JC, LB, and ARE for David Gerrard

Your wrong about Gerrard, he is pretty good and much better then JC and DA. His teams changed this year and now needs a solid RB to compliment MJD as Taylors too old. The numbers don't tell the true story. Also with his #1 WR being on the verge of suspension all year they've not had anyone to rely on. Check the numbers last year for how good he is. I thought he shouldn't be on this list. I'd trade JC, LB, and ARE for David Gerrard

So campbell's team hasn't changed this year?

Portis has had a complimentary running back? (we signed Alexander if you don't remember)

Campbell's numbers tell you a true story?

Because someone is on the "verge of suspension" he can't contribute?

How about a guy not on the verge of suspension who can't get open as your #1?

Your argument is the same argument that campbell should have. Actually it's weaker.

I say keep the same QB situation we have now and hope that Colt shows some growth and outplays TC in 2009 training camp to get bumped up to #2.

In 2009 JC will be playing for an extension (or at least a nice contract elsewhere). If he doesn't produce by keeping us looking playoff bound by halfway through the season, we need to move on. Put in Colt, see what he has to offer.

Also, next season we'll be bringing in some new, younger lineman (hopefully). As long as Vinny doesn't screw the pooch by failing to address the OL depth in the 2009 draft, and with continued growth by our young receivers, 2010 should be a solid year for this team, and whoever the QB is should have a good supporting cast in place.

I agree that we don't need to go after a free agent QB or a drafted QB - we should put our emphasis on the O-Line. What I don't agree with is waiting until 2009 to give Colt a quarter or half (if we get to point of being out of the playoffs). That should happen this year, otherwise, Colt will be judged once again as playing against nobodies in the pre-season and doesn't really get the opportunity to show his stuff, either favorably or unfavorably.

Activate Colt for one of last games and give him an opportunity to go against what JC has beend up against. Maybe then, you have next year's training camp competition be for not just the #2 and #3 QB slots but also the #1 slot.

Archived