Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EverQuest or World of WarCraft? (poll)

AsburySkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok, I'm in the market to get one of these but I'm not sure which. I'm working the free trial of WoW right now and I like it pretty well, I'm able to advance pretty quickly with my warrior and in 2 days play I'm at lvl 13, I like the vastness of the game and the options for professions, although the continual questing especially for the meaneal tasks gets a little mundane. So my question is which do you think I should get, and please tell me why YOU like the one you choose. I know I'm going to hear the drawbacks of the other game, but I'd rather hear why you play one or the other. Also I believe WoW is $15 per month, but I'm not sure how much EverQuest is permonth.

Ok, have at it.

I have both.

Everquest is a really neat game, but WoW is better. Wow is easier to get into and fun. There is so much to do in WoW, especially at higher levels. I would definitely play EQ2 if I wasn't playing WoW though.

I'm assuming you're talking about EQ2, and I know for sure it is also $15 a month.

EQ has amazing graphics, I will give it that. One negative (or positive depending on how you see it) is that it comes out with new expansions very often. So plan on spending $30+ every few months on top of the $15 a month fee.

Ok, I'm in the market to get one of these but I'm not sure which. I'm working the free trial of WoW right now and I like it pretty well, I'm able to advance pretty quickly with my warrior and in 2 days play I'm at lvl 13, I like the vastness of the game and the options for professions, although the continual questing especially for the meaneal tasks gets a little mundane. So my question is which do you think I should get, and please tell me why YOU like the one you choose. I know I'm going to hear the drawbacks of the other game, but I'd rather hear why you play one or the other. Also I believe WoW is $15 per month, but I'm not sure how much EverQuest is permonth.

Ok, have at it.

Levelling up to level 40 in World of Warcraft is VERY easy. It's still pretty easy up to level 60. It doesn't really become a grind until 70, and that's because 70-80 is brand new content. WoW has managed to hold my attention since '05 (My main is a level 78 Human Paladin) so I think it's a pretty good game. It manages to balance the PvE and PvP aspects pretty well, and it's kept a good balance between providing content for both powergamers and casual gamers. The world is pretty large at this point so there is a lot to explore. I'm not planning on leaving the game anytime soon.

I play both atm, though one will be getting dropped starting next semester since I am taking more classes than usual. Not sure which one will get the ax yet.

EQ2 can be a system hog, but the graphics are (imo) better than WoWs, but that is just personal taste. EQ2 is a little deeper than WoW, and the community is generally better. More races, more classes, etc. but that also means class balancing is off alot. Expansions come once a year, usually each November. If you decide to play EQ2, just buy the latest expansion back (Shadow Odessy) and it will include the original game and all expansions.

WoW has a better sense of humor, and is a touch easier to play if one is new to mmo's. It is also very light on the system needs (I full expect someone to get it running on their cell phone soon).

Both are fairly easy to level in, WoW being slightly faster overall but you can hit max level in EQ2 in a month (and lvl 13 in about 2 hours). Both are centered around end game (raids, group instances), both tend towards gear grinds, etc. Both are fun :)

Try both - you already have the WoW free trial and there is one for EQ2 as well, and play the one ya like more.

I'd suggest you play WoW if the choice is between the original EQ and WoW, or give LOTRO a try, it was pretty fun.

The original EQ is now 10 years old and has several problems. The first being 85 levels and 3000ish AA's depending on class. If you are starting from level 1 thats a huge hill to climb and a time sink from hell to get the 800 or so essential AA's.

Server populations are also low, and spread across 14 or however many expansions, so getting a group to do anything can be a problem. The time sinks are numerous in current content because EQ went to yearly release, so the Developers have to throw in the time sinks to extend expansions playability. Raising faction by killing 10,000 mobs, joy...

However, if you have the time, and want a great time killer, raiding in EQ is top notch. Well the actual raid encounters, not the 2 hour mob clear to get to each event. Did I mention the ridiculous time sinks?

Original EQ is not casual friendly.

Anyways thought I'd throw that out there.

I'd suggest you play WoW if the choice is between the original EQ and WoW, or give LOTRO a try, it was pretty fun.

Once the semester rolls around, I am thinking of ditching both and going back to LOTRO. I have a couple of friends who play it and swear it has quietly become one of the best PvE games out there if one is not addicted to raiding. Since raids is one of the things I am not gonna have alot of time for, might just be what I need :)

And ya, EQ1 was great if you had the patience of a saint. I remember the faction grinding and camps I went through to get my Sk his Greenmist. Yet I played that game for 6 years *grin*

I don't know much about LOTRO, but I think I heard somewhere that it doesn't allow world PvP? If that's true that would unfortunately strike it from my list immediately.

I have LOTRO, but didn't get too much into it.

They don't have traditional pvp, it's something strange where you take the form of a monster and fight. They are trying to go strictly by the lore of the books saying that you can't be an orc or other bad race because they had no free will. I'll have to sub it again once I get done leveling to 80 in WoW (got 77 tonight!)

Or you can play a free MMO thats based off the original EQ...

www.shardsofdalaya.com

So it's EQ... Without having to pay the monthly fee... At all?

Interesting...

I played EQ for years. Quit 6/7 years ago because I felt the NEED to play because I was paying.

I don't want something that's going to make me have to play 9 hours a day to stay on even keel with others :)

But, in my free time (the few free moments I get lately :)) I've been playing Diablo 2 mods...

I'm a paladin with 18 charisma and 97 hit points. I can use my helm of disintegration as my half elf mage wields his +5 holy vengeance.

All you have is 97 hp? Wow son, you must be playing under the old D&D rules because my level 6 halfling would kick your arse. Oh and my level 4 sarcasm beats your -1 wit.

Archived