Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn Press Monday Conference (recap)

RyansRangers

He says our offense looks like its it doing the same thing all the time because we keep failing to make plays and they end up looking the same... He said I dont call (two right jet right Fail) when the play fails they all look the same.

Also said the campbell played very average yesterday, made some good decision but also made very poor decisions. You can tell he is frustrated with the lack of scoring

"Campbell is not totally failing, I am just trying to have him do advanced things and I might have to take a step back" (when asked about changing qb)

suisham made a poor kick good snap good hold

No change of kicker no one will be brought in for try outs..

Campbell made a very poor throw on the long interception needed to be 6 yrds longer..

Still saying execution is the main problem. TE's (cooley)have to stay in to block a lot. Thinks about using gadget plays more but in concerned the team cant accomplish the basics

Injuries - Portis got a shot to the head and still isnt feeling all that well today.. Carter and fletch came out with no more injuries than they went in with.. Washington will still be out.. Made a comment on spring but nothing significant.

thats it was short

Fix both lines and this is a completely different Football team.

Unfortunately, this FO has never seemed interested in really doing that, short of picking up scrubs in the late rounds. We need at least one or two anchormen on each side of the line, not just a bunch of guys who are good for the money.

Careful, or Coach Z will be banded with the rest of us "Fair Weather" fans that aren't "proper" Redskin fans because we have the nerve to debate glaring problems with this team. Criticising JC is tantamount to a firing isn't it? :doh:

Hail.

Fairly criticizing him is fine - I don't see many arguing against it.

Calling for his head and stating that his is the biggest problem with the offense is Jason Campbell just isn't true at this point and Zorn even reiterated that.

However, some of you don't seem to be able to determine the difference.

So what does Snyder have to do to get Matt Hassleback on this team in 2009?

As crappy as the Seahawks are this year, the times I have watched them, it is obvious Hassleback knows how to run a WCO. He is smart, knows how to check down and get the ball to the correct read, and has a very quick release.

As crappy as the Seahawks are this year, the times I have watched them, it is obvious Hassleback knows how to run a WCO. He is smart, knows how to check down and get the ball to the correct read, and has a very quick release.

Oh come on. Get out of here with that crap.

How long did it take Matt to learn the WCO? Vs. how long has JC been in this WCO?

The entire team played poorly yesterday, not just one person.

I'm thinking another typical JSuck performance against the Ravens and the Campbell show may finally be cancelled. Can't wait! :point2sky

i'm disgusted just thinking about how you will be sitting around in your basement sunday night in a drunken stooper hoping that campbell will lay an egg and the redskins lose in hopes that brennan will be the starter

Looks like Zorn is the type of coach that's married to his players.... and will rather go down with the ship.... then try to shake things up.

Gruden is a guy who doesn't mind making changes. If you start to suck... you sit. I can respect that.

how can you say that? zorn is a straight shooter. if JC isnt the right man for the job, zorn will be the first to say it

this is a couple of times that zorn has questioned campbell's intelligence and ability to grasp the WCO properly.

first time was when he said "well he wont be a steve young but i think he can eventually understand it".

i dont know if zorn has full faith in campbell and i am starting to wonder myself a little bit after watching his poor execution yesterday.

how can you say that? zorn is a straight shooter. if JC isnt the right man for the job, zorn will be the first to say it

Zorn would NEVER say that. The reason why he got the job in the first place was because he thought he could make Jason Campbell work. That was the first question of the interview process when the Skins were interviewing head coaching candidates.

So Zorn is tied to Jason Campbell. That's why there wasn't an open QB competition in camp and he had to come out and say that JC was the starter here before beginning mini-camps.

If Zorn was unbiased... we would have seen Collins in a few games by now.

i'm disgusted just thinking about how you will be sitting around in your basement sunday night in a drunken stooper hoping that campbell will lay an egg and the redskins lose in hopes that brennan will be the starter

Lol, we're not making the playoffs and even if we get lucky and sneak in we have no shot of getting past the 1st round with JSuck at QB anyhow. At this point I have adapted the Boonell approach, expecting certain failure to finally get the loser off the field.

Lol, we're not making the playoffs and even if we get lucky and sneak in we have no shot of getting past the 1st round with JSuck at QB anyhow. At this point I have adapted the Boonell approach, expecting certain failure to finally get the loser off the field.

youre a joke on this board. you already have a NNT and its my guess that its only a matter of time before youre totally asked to leave.

your constant bashing of the team and the negative way you approach every single thread that has to do with campbell is getting old.

this is a couple of times that zorn has questioned campbell's intelligence and ability to grasp the WCO properly.

first time was when he said "well he wont be a steve young but i think he can eventually understand it".

i dont know if zorn has full faith in campbell and i am starting to wonder myself a little bit after watching his poor execution yesterday.

The Steve Young comment was in regards to Campbell's ability to scramble.

youre a joke on this board. you already have a NNT and its my guess that its only a matter of time before youre totally asked to leave.

your constant bashing of the team and the negative way you approach every single thread that has to do with campbell is getting old.

So, what has he ever done in his career that's positive? He doesn't win games, doesn't throw TDs, is not a leader nor does he throw for many yards. He is a failure in every catergory that can be used to measure an NFL QB.

Archived