Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Hot Sauce Thread

Mr. S

Alright, this thread is turning pretty weak it seems. Here is a list of sauces based on scoville units, I'm not sure how recent/current it is:

http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale.php

The Dave's sauce is listed at 51,000 scovilles here, but is said to be 180,000 on their website.

Sriracha is a great flavorful sauce, it's hot, but the flavor helps too.

Tabasco, Texas Pete, Cholula? Those don't rate high on the scoville ratings.

The rest of you have provided some great sauces that I gotta look into. Pure Capsacin can apparently get as high as 16 million units!

FF_190656_l.jpg

My friend gave this to me for my birthday last March. I still have a little bit left, but it is the best hot sauce I have ever had, and I like my food hot and spicy. I put this sauce on EVERYTHING. I don't know what it is about this sauce, it's very simple in terms of ingredients, but still.

Yes, we have Hokie Habanero Hot Sauce. We also have Hokie wine (both red and white). Dig it.

I tried "Pure Cap" at Peppers, it is considered by some to be the hottest "additives" in the world at 500,000 scovilles.

My mouth burned for hours, and I only tried the tip of a toothpick.

hotsauceworld_2024_9877498

Notice in this video, it comes in 2 child proof bottles with a medicine dropper.

Baron from St. Lucia is my absolute favorite.

51Th-1-TgwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Pure cap is by far the hottest thing I have ever tried. I tried it on the end of a toothpick as well. My dad put some on a chip and gave it to some friends and told them it was steak sauce. I have never seen grown men cry so much in my life.

My favorite is crystal hot sauce. I like spice but I want flavor with it. Hot for the sake of hot is just not my thing. Crystal has a great flavor and I can put it on anything!

Alright, this thread is turning pretty weak it seems. Here is a list of sauces based on scoville units, I'm not sure how recent/current it is:

http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale.php

The Dave's sauce is listed at 51,000 scovilles here, but is said to be 180,000 on their website.

Sriracha is a great flavorful sauce, it's hot, but the flavor helps too.

Tabasco, Texas Pete, Cholula? Those don't rate high on the scoville ratings.

The rest of you have provided some great sauces that I gotta look into. Pure Capsacin can apparently get as high as 16 million units!

Ok, looking at this scale, the hottest thing I've ever eaten is when I ate a raw thai chili with my sister's boyfriend on a dare once. I was making thai food and I told him I'd eat one if he did. My mouth was numb for at least an hour. I like stuff with hababero in it, but I don't think I've ever eaten a raw habanero.

Whatever the hottest sauce was at Cluck U, 911 I think. That stuff wasn't even red. It was black and look like it was evaporating at room temperature.

It ruined my chicken tenders and my self esteem.

I've had that and that comes in a close 2nd behind the hot sauce I'm about to mention.

If you ever visit the City of Clevleland make sure you visit this wing shop (and I feel like an idiot because I cannot remember the name of it....), but anyway it's Omar Viquel's hot sauce.

Now I gotta be honest I'm not even sure if this is sold anymore, but my father and I tried it (because we both love hot sauces) and it bad us crying it was so damn hot

I also, had a hot sauce from a random waiter at Bertucci's once who created his own, and this stuff was freakin brutal.

Whatever the hottest sauce was at Cluck U, 911 I think. That stuff wasn't even red. It was black and look like it was evaporating at room temperature.

It ruined my chicken tenders and my self esteem.

at the cluck u by my school you had to sign a waiver before ordering it...haha

I love Texas Pete. I gotta have a vinegary flavor in my hot sauce!

That's exactly what I don't like about most hot sauces. Fire sauce at Taco Bell is about the only one I **** with consistently. I like hot stuff, I guess I'm just not a sauce kinda guy. If what you are eating tastes so bad you have to drown it in sauce, what's the point?

Texas Pete? check

Cholula? check

Sriracha? check

/thread

Baron from St. Lucia is my absolute favorite.

51Th-1-TgwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Baron is excellent. We brought home 4 bottle of the stuff when we came home from St.Lucia.

I bet their hotter/hottest stuff is insane, but Blair's normal death sauce or the jalapeno death sauce etc. are hot but have really good flavor. I can't remember where I was, but there were some bottles sitting out and I tasted them and they were really good.

I also like the Pain is Good Jamaican Jerk hot sauce. I'm not normally a big jerk fan, but the sauce is great. Mix some in some rice for some spicy rice. Mmm mmm good.

Pain-Batch114-Hot-Sauce.jpg

I like all of those....just not big on the super-hot stuff....I value my taste buds

I've had that and that comes in a close 2nd behind the hot sauce I'm about to mention.

If you ever visit the City of Clevleland make sure you visit this wing shop (and I feel like an idiot because I cannot remember the name of it....), but anyway it's Omar Viquel's hot sauce.

Now I gotta be honest I'm not even sure if this is sold anymore, but my father and I tried it (because we both love hot sauces) and it bad us crying it was so damn hot

I also, had a hot sauce from a random waiter at Bertucci's once who created his own, and this stuff was freakin brutal.

My god, why would you ever want to visit that wing shop?

Tobasco - no one comes close.

I have tried Dave's Insanity sauce and I lost my sense of taste for 24 hours (no lie).

That was some harsh Shi*.

yeh, i accidentally put almost a teaspoon worth in this stir fry I was doing, I couldn't finish more than 1/4 of it. Man it was painful. I only put a few drops worth now.

I like stuff with hababero in it, but I don't think I've ever eaten a raw habanero.

Do not do it my friend. When I was like 12 I had never seen a habanero before and thought this cannot be spicier than a jalapeno which I would regularly eat. OH BOY was I wrong. I popped the whole thing in my mouth and ate it all and I kid you not I was crying for like a whole hour. It was so damn painful. But worse than that was when it came out...I will spare you the details.

Crystal's FTW. Tapatio is really good too, I forgot about that one. Haven't used that one since college. There's another one called "Tiger Sauce," which isn't super hot, but has great flavor. I forget who makes it.

Tobasco is too vinegary IMO.

Yea surprised no one mentioned Crystals, thats good stuff, Petes is also good especially on wings.

I dont know about anyone else, but Chic Fila now offers "buffalo" dipping sauce, i love that stuff, its not too hot and is vinegar based i think.

Also the buffalo sauce you can get from PAPA JOHNS is freaking awesome, i order it every time with my chicken strips when we get pizza from them, good ****!

Yea surprised no one mentioned Crystals, thats good stuff, Petes is also good especially on wings.

I dont know about anyone else, but Chic Fila now offers "buffalo" dipping sauce, i love that stuff, its not too hot and is vinegar based i think.

Also the buffalo sauce you can get from PAPA JOHNS is freaking awesome, i order it every time with my chicken strips when we get pizza from them, good ****!

Yes! I just got the chic-fil-a buffalo sauce yesterday and it was surprisingly very good. It was awesome on my nuggets (yeah I'm a little kid).

I will second the motion that Gator Hammock sauce is the most tastey. Not the biggest kick, but a great addition to any food, except ice cream I guess. For heat, I have tried many out there and think that Blair's after death is the hottest I've had. For Asian food I enjoy Sriracha, but there is also Mongo's Asian Hot Sauce which is closer to a regular hot sauce and makes everything better. But I guess all hot sauces do that for me.

Archived