Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I had Left Hand's Milk Stout the other night.  Was really richly malty, went awesome with dessert.

Not picking on your taste, but that is probably the worst milk stout that I have ever had.  I hated it, and I love milk stouts, well, stouts in general.

My favorite milk stout was at a beer fest a couple of years ago in Nashville.  I cannot remember the name for the life of me, I wish I could.  2nd is Straight to Ale's Lilly Flagg.  A fantastic milk stout if you get it on tap.  I really do not like it in the can.

Interesting, what didn't you like about it?  It's probably the first milk stout I've had in several years, so I didn't have anything in recent memory to compare it to.  It was recommended to my dad by the guys at Norm's Beer and Wine in VA and I was satisfied.  Like I said, I was also drinking it with dessert, so that may have influenced the taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my 4 year old Midas Touch. Great. Thinking about aging my last one past 5 years....

Sam Adams Beers of Summer pack:

Little White Rye is the least-interesting. Used the second one for marinating steak. Turned out great, too. Porch Rocker is literally lemonade plus German lager. The Belgian Session is like a very light Flying Dog Raging B*itch. Blueberry Hill lager is a very good blueberry beer. Want a 12 pack to share with the girlfriend. The other two beers are the Boston Lager and Summer Ale.

Just had Sam Adams cream stout. Enjoyed it a lot.  Also Hangar 24's Chocolate Porter was nice.

A lot of people have seen the doc BEER WARS (it's streaming on netflix) but there's another one called AMERICAN BEER, where a group of guys hit up 38 breweries in 4 days....someone uploaded the entire thing in 1 file on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Samk58H7GhE#at=28

Just had Sam Adams cream stout. Enjoyed it a lot.  Also Hangar 24's Chocolate Porter was nice.

A lot of people have seen the doc BEER WARS (it's streaming on netflix) but there's another one called AMERICAN BEER, where a group of guys hit up 38 breweries in 4 days....someone uploaded the entire thing in 1 file on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Samk58H7GhE#at=28

SA Cream Stout is one of my favorite domestics.  Try mixing it with a SA Cherry Wheat...it makes a "chocolate cherry bomb".

This was created while really bored at a bar one night, with both on tap.  Inspiration at its very brightest!

Octoberfest beers already hitting shelves today. Went ahead and picked up a Sam Adams 6er, because it reminds me of football season. Definitely a beer casual drinkers get in to. Seemed to be drinking it every other Sunday last year. And BTW, I just remembered I have an aged one in the cellar. Think it's 2 years old now, might drink it this year.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Apparently it's national IPA day.  

To celebrate tonight I'll have a bit of Heady Topper, and some combination of Hill Farmstead's brews.  Maybe I'll throw in a selection from Lagunita's if I'm really ready to party.

Great!  Am excuse to drink hoppy beer!    I'm enjoying a draft Victory Hop Devil as I type this, and will be following it with a can of Loose CANnon afterwards.    

After a couple of trips to Canton, Ohio, (for Redskins HOF inductions, of course ;) ), I discovered Great Lakes beers.   They are fantastic, especially the Burning River IPA.

A buddy of mine went to Ohio last week, and I asked him to pick me up a sampler.   He brought me back a sampler with 3 each of the following: Dortmunder Gold lager, Eliot Ness Amber Lager, Burning River IPA & Edmund Fitzgerald Porter.

They're chilling down now, and I can't wait to try them tomorrow...    

Apparently it's national IPA day.  

To celebrate tonight I'll have a bit of Heady Topper, and some combination of Hill Farmstead's brews.  Maybe I'll throw in a selection from Lagunita's if I'm really ready to party.

To celebrate i had SN Torpedo Extra IPA.  Quite a few notches below the Heady Topper and Hill Farmstead but pretty darn good.  Though I did split a Heady Topper with my bro in law last weekend (oh the joys!!!) I really need to make a pilgramige to VT and load up.  Migth be a problem loading up since they apparently dont let you buy too many at a time..

Normally I’d agree with you guys about the fall beers being out this early. But this year I’m kind of digging it. We’ve had a very mild summer and the temps are in the 60s in the morning pretty frequently these days. Couple that with me wanting baseball to be over and football to start, and I’m happily enjoying fall beers in anticipation.

I dunno, the different colored leaves, the fresh air, a chilly breeze, thousands of crickets chirping, darkness hitting noticeably earlier, and a Pumking for dinner. It's not hot out for August, but it's still 80 degrees with some humidity, green trees and grass, and the sun is out til 9. I'm cooking out with my pale ales, IPAs, hefeweizens and cheap, lemony summer ales. Once that signature Autumn nip is in the air, I'm down for all the pumpkin beer I can handle. That can be as early as the beginning of September. That spiced, warming sensation just doesn't feel right in August.