Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Not that similar the hops are the real show in the Deviant Dale's. I think there is a bit more balance in Dale's Pale Ale since I dont think its as aggressively dry hopped as DD. Also the hop variety in the DD is slightly different in that it uses more aromatic hops (grapefruit/apricot/pine notes) but the dry hopping does lend some bitterness to the finish. Give it a shot!

Sounds good to me. I'm a certified "strip the enamel off the teeth" hop-head, so I'll certainly give it a shot. Thanks!

So I busted open the Sam Adams Thirteenth Hour the other night. Holy crap was that stuff good. Nice chocolaty stout. Great smell and taste. Was sad it was only a pint :(

Better than the chocolately Cream Stout? (If you mix Cherry Wheat with Cream Stout, you get a chocolate-cherry bomb beer.)

Can you tell I'm a bartender?

Anyone looking for a good Mexican beer, go for Pacifico. Goes great with food, it's on the lighter side with good flavor.

Bellhaven for a good Scottish ale.(Really really really goood stuff.)

Can you name the beers from their logos?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/cheddar/beerlogos

I got 21 of 25.

Apparently "Fat Tire" is now a brand in itself :ols:

New Belgium being known for the Fat Tire is like the 1991 Redskins being known for Mark Schlereth.

I'm drinking a Flying Dog Kujo Coffee Stout tonight. One of Flying Dog's best brews.

ab352dc7b37a4d1a76b02cf4e3f418d4_320x320.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Scored some Sierra Nevada Hoptimum today, talk about a BEAST, this might be the best Double IPA I have ever tried. 10 Percent and the hops are non stop and running all over the pallet.

It just landed in Maryland this week so keep your eyes open, i'm glad I picked up 8.. 10 out of 10, just a great beer.

OTOH, I picked up a 4 pack of Copper Mountain Copper Ale 20th Anniversary Beer last Friday, 12 percent, and all booze, probably one of the worse"big beers" beers I have ever tried.

Edited by GoSkins561

Ok so I was bemoaning the loss of Sierra Nevada Glissade this spring but man I tried their spring release this year, Ruthless Rye IPA and I gotta say its fantastic:

ruthless_label.jpg

The rye malt adds a bit of spice and then the hops add that citrusy flavor pretty complex and a great beer to have in the Spring. The hops are smooth and pleasing really mesh well together with the rye and malts. A must try.

Ok so I was bemoaning the loss of Sierra Nevada Glissade this spring but man I tried their spring release this year, Ruthless Rye IPA and I gotta say its fantastic:

its really good. the torpedo has possibly surpassed loose cannon as my favorite beer, but the ruthless rye is right up there.

just drove by the flying dog brewery. picked up an IPA i hadnt seen before. 'wildeman famhouse' ipa. cant wait to try it.

One of my co-workers teases my boss about her coming in with a hangover after drinking too much Blue Moon. I'd never heard of the beer and then the other night I saw a commercial for it for the first time ever. Anyone ever drink this?

blue moon? is this a serious question?

you guys gotta try Dragon's Milk from New Holland.

absolutely delicious. it's a thick, creamy imperial stout with notes of vanilla and oak. shot into my top five immediately.

i had that a little while ago. iirc that has a little punch to it as well.

blue moon? is this a serious question?

Edited by tiger187126

One of my co-workers teases my boss about her coming in with a hangover after drinking too much Blue Moon. I'd never heard of the beer and then the other night I saw a commercial for it for the first time ever. Anyone ever drink this?

It's a decent summer beer and very drinkable without being too carbonated, good alcohol content 5.4%. If it's there at a cookout, etc. I will drink it but it wouldn't be my first choice. I think Coors brews it.

That's their new Saison IPA, I enjoyed it. Peppery spices, very bitter citrus, good stuff.

good lord, whats up with my luck with flying dog beers? looks like my 6er of wildeman is oxidized. just like my raging ***** a couple of years ago. tastes like my dads homebrew. like wet moldy paper. yuck.