Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I once drank something called bud light lime. Anyone ever heard of it?

usually found in the fruit section net to the bud chelada

they did make one called Tequiza that was pretty good on a hot day, but it takes more than fruit to make up for Bud

that Widmer sounds interesting

Edited by twa

Lion's Head is a great no frills beer. Prob the best tasting, cheap beer I've had. (Brewed in Scranton)

Most things from Troeg's, Bell's, Brooklyn, Sam Smtih or Victory breweries.

Victory Golden Monkey

Christmas time(Troeg's Mad Elf) is awwwwwwwwwwesome and will put you on your arse.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Sam Adams Lite is the best domestic light beer imo, but it's $30 a case, which is steep for a lite beer, but it's really crisp.

Miller Lite is my "I'm going to be drinking all day" beer.

Edited by JoeJGibbs

Funny, the New Belgium Belgo kinda reminds me of the Widmer Bros Spiced IPA I just had. Hop/yeast mix gives it a sort of spiced overtone. Yeast is dominant with herbal hops backing it up. Easy to chug and 7%, good craft to get a buzz off of.

New_Belgium_Belgo.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320031547064

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Heavy Seas Sea Nymph Summer Ale

7088440337_1d111c5283_m.jpg

By far and away the worst beer by Heavy Seas that I've had. Like an American lager, little sweeter, not as metallic. Hay, straw, napkin, feint hop and pale malt presence. A touch of banana perhaps, but not interested enough to keep searching for it. Way too expensive for a beer on the "refreshment" side of things.

Don't tell me that! Will be getting a 6er soon to see what you mean.

Something is off with it, it kind of reminded me of Lancaster Hop Hog which IMO is more malty than hoppy.

If you see Sierra Nevadas Hoptimum, get it, probably one of the better Imperial IPA's i've had lately, if you like DFH 90 Minute, you'll love Hoptimum.

Widmer Brothers Rotator Series Spiced IPA

Very hazy, burnt orange color, small white head. Fantastic caramel & orange candy-like aroma. Flavor is the same, with a huge herbal hop presence. There are an array of spices in this beer, and it's easy to notice the pepper and ginger. After I read that it has black tea, cinnamon and clove in it, those flavors became somewhat apparent as well. Bitterness is high pitched, but not too strong. I tell ya, this is a fantastic beer. ABV is 7% and there is a ton going on here, she's a hefty one, I kind of wish I could have gotten a 3 pack of this. Two for now and 1 for the stash. Looks like it'll be 4 in the stash, and I'm not complaining. Thanks for the suggestion QBK (AKA Elvis Sinosic).

That sounds really really good

Just had a couple Presidentes on my drive back from looking at a car. Great refreshing, it's Caribbean hot kinda beer.

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA is pretty damn good.

Presidente is one of the few beers I drink down there. Its really hard to find up here.

There is a "Virgin Islands" beer down there that comes in fruit flavors like mango. It was really interesting when I drank it.

Blackbeard ale is really good as well

Something is off with it, it kind of reminded me of Lancaster Hop Hog which IMO is more malty than hoppy.

Heavy Seas has gone down hill lately, something is wrong with their HOP3, it's not what it use to be.

yep. a few years ago, it was my absolute favorite. doesnt have the hop bite that it used to. the sierra nevada torpedo has replaced it as my go-to. i wonder if the price of hops has something to do with the change in taste. i toured the clipper city brewery a few years ago and the guide talked alot about how the price of hops was increasing as fewer farmers are growing hops. hmmmm...

i need to know if i'm the only one who seems to constantly get skunky or oxidized beer from flying dog? tastes like moldy, wet cardboard. i'm done with them.

Price and ability to be cold?

Shaffer is huge down here too.

Pricing and alcoholism. Mind you, where I live there's a large number of bums and Central American immigrants, mostly Guatemalans and Salvadoreans, where "bum beers" like Natural Ice, Steel Reserve, Keystone Light, Busch, etc are staple to them. It only cost a buck to get a can that is bigger than the average-size beer can and a quick way to get drunk - cheap. I'll tell you these Guatemalan and Salvadorean alcoholics can hang. I mean hang. ****-faced drunk while riding a bike normally. .

I personally don't like Busch. It leaves you with your breath funky plus crappy taste. I only drink it because when I visit my frienda, their mother and others(friends as well and Salvadoreans) always have Busch on them and invite me one most of the time.

- From the mind of a fair light-skinned Honduran immigrant...

Edited by Knick

Heavy Seas has gone down hill lately, something is wrong with their HOP3, it's not what it use to be.
yep. a few years ago, it was my absolute favorite. doesnt have the hop bite that it used to. the sierra nevada torpedo has replaced it as my go-to. i wonder if the price of hops has something to do with the change in taste. i toured the clipper city brewery a few years ago and the guide talked alot about how the price of hops was increasing as fewer farmers are growing hops. hmmmm...

I've noticed a difference also. Maybe it's the variety, or quantity, of the hops? I think either last year, or late '10, the ABV went down %0.25 Not sure why. A cost saving measure perhaps? In any case, it just doesn't have the same bite or flavor as it used to. At least that's the case in bottles. Had some recently on draft, and it was good.

I've noticed a difference also. Maybe it's the variety, or quantity, of the hops? I think either last year, or late '10, the ABV went down %0.25 Not sure why. A cost saving measure perhaps? In any case, it just doesn't have the same bite or flavor as it used to. At least that's the case in bottles. Had some recently on draft, and it was good.

Had one on draft a few minutes ago, it was better than the bottles I had recently.

While in Virginia i scored some Founders Breakfast Stout, the seller only had it cold errr, just cracking into this bombdizzle, it lives up t it's ratings, what an incredible stout, I would call it perfect. Can't wait for this one to warm up a little.

Founders-Breakfast-Stout.jpg

Edited by GoSkins561