Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

\

They just started bottling it last month. They dropped the Nautical from the name. A friend of mine runs a bottle shop that ships if you ever feel like treating yourself.

http://www.bineandvine.com/

Wow, THANK YOU for this link! I went through the order process but it was going to cost 35 bucks to ship it. I think I will save this link for special occasions. I have tried to have Karl Strauss ship their beer out here before, and they wouldn't, so it is awesome to have all our favorite SD beers on this list. No Karl Strauss amber, though, but we like the Red Trolley ale. My basket also had Stone Levitation and Ballast Point Pale. They sell the IPA out here, but my bf likes the pale. I will definitely keep this site bookmarked.

Edited by MissU28

Wow, THANK YOU for this link! I went through the order process but it was going to cost 35 bucks to ship it. I think I will save this link for special occasions. I have tried to have Karl Strauss ship their beer out here before, and they wouldn't, so it is awesome to have all our favorite SD beers on this list. No Karl Strauss amber, though, but we like the Red Trolley ale. My basket also had Stone Levitation and Ballast Point Pale. They sell the IPA out here, but my bf likes the pale. I will definitely keep this site bookmarked.

No problem. Yeah, shipping is pricey I send my brother in Stone Ridge beer all the time. Sent 6 bottles and a growler today for $35. I just sent it regular UPS and cheat on the weight a couple pounds. Shops have to do it legit and pay extra for the 21+ signature upon delivery and can't cheat the weight so it gets even more expensive. I sent 6 bottles to a guy in Jersey and shipping was $30. Almost doubles the price of the bottles I sent. No one makes IPAs like Alpine though, so it is probably worth it. If I ever moved back East I know I would have to splurge every once in awhile.

I'm in S Florida where the craft beer selection is limited...so I've ordered online a few times.

Liquorama.net Got 8 22oz bottles shipped via FedEx for $27. Limited selection. They have Ale Smith. They also sell Mongo from Port Brewing which is fantastic.

Holidaywinecellar.com Got 8 bottles shipped via UPS for $33.65. A little pricey but that site has a bunch of stuff I can't get down here and they also have Pliny the Elder available right now. (limit 2)

beerjobber.com This site is pretty cool. Shipping is a flat $19.95. They get the cases straight from the brewer so you order has to be of all the same beer. Once we go through the inventory from holidaywinecellar we plan on getting a case of Hopsickle.

If anyone has had other good finds online...please post them. Happy 4th! :cheers:

I'm in S Florida where the craft beer selection is limited...so I've ordered online a few times.

Liquorama.net Got 8 22oz bottles shipped via FedEx for $27. Limited selection. They have Ale Smith. They also sell Mongo from Port Brewing which is fantastic.

Holidaywinecellar.com Got 8 bottles shipped via UPS for $33.65. A little pricey but that site has a bunch of stuff I can't get down here and they also have Pliny the Elder available right now. (limit 2)

beerjobber.com This site is pretty cool. Shipping is a flat $19.95. They get the cases straight from the brewer so you order has to be of all the same beer. Once we go through the inventory from holidaywinecellar we plan on getting a case of Hopsickle.

If anyone has had other good finds online...please post them. Happy 4th! :cheers:

At least you have Cigar City now. I don't like their IPAs, but I love Zhukov and Big Sound. Never tried Hunuphu. Is that one as good as people say it is?

How's Funky Buddha? They have a lot of hype behind them.

At least you have Cigar City now. I don't like their IPAs, but I love Zhukov and Big Sound. Never tried Hunuphu. Is that one as good as people say it is?

How's Funky Buddha? They have a lot of hype behind them.

Funny you mention Funky Buddha. Never been there. We were supposed to go there last weekend but they just opened up a Yard House down the street from there so we hit that instead. I've heard good things about Funky Buddha...will try and get there soon. A couple other breweries, Due South in Boynton and Tequesta in Jupiter both have solid offerings. They also have gallon growlers to go which is fairly rare down here.

Cigar City's Hunahpu is an excellent Stout. I've only tried it twice but it left an impression both times. Their Jai Alai IPA is solid. (and their White Oak Jai Alai is phenomenal, but that was on draft at a beer fest and I haven't seen it since) I also just tried their Tocobaga on draft...another good one to look out for if you like Red Ales.

The Namaste was pretty dang good. Raison D'Etre wins that battle though.

The #1 beer on my WANTED list is the Rogue Doughnut, Maple, Bacon ale. You're telling me I can drink that combination of food? You can execute me afterwards, that'll be my last meal.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I had a new beer at Dogfish the other weekend and have been meaning to post it here. It's the Burton Baton:

dogfish-head-burton-baton.jpg

They brew an Imperial IPA and an English-style old ale separately and then blend them together in a giant oak tank. Awesome mix of hoppiness and slightly sweet taste of the English-style ale. Would highly recommend it.

I had a new beer at Dogfish the other weekend and have been meaning to post it here. It's the Burton Baton:

I had a post about this earlier in the thread and while I think it is kind of neat, in terms of how it is made, I was not that big of a fan. I think it actually would be more appropriate in the fall since it is so complex (almost too complex, IMO). I like my beers simple but flavorful with flavor that are easy to identify and speak on (leave the complexity to whiskey :)). Overall I thought it was pretty good just not as great as I expected it to be.

DuClaw Colossus is 21% alcohol. When I get around to going to the brewery, I'ma catch a buzz. :)

I had a post about this earlier in the thread and while I think it is kind of neat, in terms of how it is made, I was not that big of a fan. I think it actually would be more appropriate in the fall since it is so complex (almost too complex, IMO). I like my beers simple but flavorful with flavor that are easy to identify and speak on (leave the complexity to whiskey ). Overall I thought it was pretty good just not as great as I expected it to be.

The Burton Baton is definitely neat, but aging it will most likely make it insanely good. I'm really anticipating drinking my aged Burton Baton.

The #1 beer on my WANTED list is the Rogue Doughnut, Maple, Bacon ale. You're telling me I can drink that combination of food? You can execute me afterwards, that'll be my last meal.

It's pretty good. You have to like smoked beers to like it. It's also fairly sweet. Don't plan on drinking the whole thing yourself.

have you guys heard of DuClaw brewery? I had to pick my g/f from BWI last night and had one of their IPA's called Venom. It was pretty good

Yes.

They're local, and have 4 restaurant locations.

The Arundel Mills location is decent. I don't care for most of their beers, but the Venom is on the short-list of the ones that I do like. Years ago, during the hops shortage, they didn't have the variety of hops in enough abundance to brew the Venom, so they replaced it with something called Hellrazer, which used to be one of their seasonals. If you like hoppy IPA's, the Hellrazer is very good, much better,(IMO), than the Venom. Good enough, that it used to be a staple in my kegerator rotation. Since the Venom has been back, I think that the Hellrazer is now available only seasonally.

They do offer a limited # of brews in bottles, but I'm not sure which ones. You can buy 1/2 kegs directly from them, with a couple of days notice. They'll also fill, (and sell), growlers at all of their restaurant locations, (but I'm not sure about the BWI location.)

Got the Samuel Adams Summer Style 12 pack today. Here are my rankings:

087692291039.jpg

#6: Cherry Wheat: Holy mother of god? Um, why not name it "Robotussin Wheat"?

#5: East-West Kolsch: Makes me want to run in to a pole on East-West Highway.

#4 Summer Ale: Lemons and wheat, there ya have it. Decent body for a "Summer Ale".

#3 Belgian Session: Body could be stronger on this but this beer can pass as a 'substitute' Belgian.

#2 Boston Lager: Do I need to review this one for yall? :ols: It's the Boston Lager, good to slam back a couple every once in a while.

#1 Noble Pils: Another beer I love to drink out of the bottle. Very refreshing with a mellow tone of hops throughout.

Overall I have to say the Winter 12 pack from Sam Adams is definitely better than this one. The Chocolate Bock crushes pretty much everything from both packs. Otherwise, it would be closer.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/406281_3437004334985_423592716_n.jpg

What should I try first? The Sierra Nevada Torpedo is left over from a 6pack, and I just picked up the rest from a Wegmans build-your-own and a 4 pack of DFH Burton Baton (which I've never had).

I haven't had the Lagunitas Rich Copper yet, but it is on my list of things to drink. I'm drinking a Little Sumpin' Sumpin' right now, love this brewery so far.

Drink that Sierra Porter first and work your way down by color. I'm not a big IPA guy, but I'll drink anything Southern Tier makes. They know what they're doing.

I've found myself having an allegiance to particular breweries, and therefore liking certain beers even if I'm not a huge fan of the style. (eg. I'll drink anything Southern Tier makes) I think I'm being unfair to breweries I don't know well. Whatever.

Is that Sunny D in the back of your fridge? We got IPAs, the dark stuff, oohhhh!!! Sunny D!!!