Dan T.

luther vandross is too low

bonnie raitt shouldnt be on there

rod stewart shouldnt be on there

no roger daltry

no bjork

james taylor is too low

mariah carey is too low

morrissey does NOT belong on there..that got me mad.

Roger Daltry is Number 61

I'm sorry but any top ten without Christina Aguilera as one of the best singers ever ? Weak.

That chick can sing. I don't own any of her music, but the girl can certainly sing.

Bob Dylan a singer ? haha.

Christina Aguilera is Number 58.

A couple people are dissing Bonnie Raitt. I think her voice is a wonderful instrument, a nice combination of sweet and soulful. Plus, the fact that she's a sweet person who's been around for awhile and pays homage to all the blues singers before her has helped her. I bet she knows many of the voters on the list and has charmed them all.

Christina Aguilera is Number 58.

I was referring to top 10.

And I admit that I have not looked at the entire list just yet. But simply saying Christina has to be one of the greatest voices ever.

Where on the list does Pavarotti fall ? He's certainly better than Bob Dylan and John Lennon. Much better.

I was referring to top 10.

And I admit that I have not looked at the entire list just yet. But simply saying Christina has to be one of the greatest voices ever.

Where on the list does Pavarotti fall ? He's certainly better than Bob Dylan and John Lennon. Much better.

Ha! I don't recall any voices from the world of opera on the list. Good point, because the survey didn't limit the voting to rock and roll, as wide as that genre can be stretched.

I noticed a couple of ballots listed REM's Michael Stipe, but he didn't make the cut. He's worth a mention on the list...

Just like every RS list, this one amount to a jumbo pile of crap. It just seems to be a list of peoples favorite artists whether they could actually sing or not.

Kind of like the posts in this thread.

BM: Seriously? Kurt? He couldn't sing to save his life. he was phenomenal at what he did, but he was far from a great singer. he certain merits no mention in the top 100.

kurt was a great singer in the fact that his voice was unique, it had a quality all its own and honestly was no worse then james brown's voice.

BM, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just strongly disagree.

Also WTF. NO streisand? I hate her with a passion but she should be on the list as well.

I mentioned Maynard Keenan of Tool as being a tool. On his ballot, he lists - tada - Maynard Keenan as No. 1, then leaves the rest of the ballot blank. What an ass.

That is so far off from the truth that you should have a "research before posting" button. Maynard HATES mainstream media and has been extremely adamant not to let record companies or pop culture influence Tool's sound. He knows, just as well as most people that actually LOVE the history of music, that Rolling Stone magazine is a piece of garbage. He is quite an interesting fellow, but arrogant, he is not. Voting for himself only stuck a big finger up to everyone who is ignorant enough to give a **** about this list.

Freddie Mercury not in the top 10? Elvis Presley #3? No thanks

Are you saying that b/c you think Elvis is not high enough? Or too high?

Say what you want about Elvis- and its probably all true- but the guy had one of the best pure voices in all of recording history.

That is so far off from the truth that you should have a "research before posting" button. Maynard HATES mainstream media and has been extremely adamant not to let record companies or pop culture influence Tool's sound. He knows, just as well as most people that actually LOVE the history of music, that Rolling Stone magazine is a piece of garbage. He is quite an interesting fellow, but arrogant, he is not. Voting for himself only stuck a big finger up to everyone who is ignorant enough to give a **** about this list.

SOMEBODY's got a crush on Maynard looks like! :silly:

Archived