Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is going to the inauguration?

Toe Jam

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I will probably go, though the large crowds are crazy. I went in 2004, and it was basically an all day event by the time you got through security and then fought the crowd to leave.

I think it much like going to watch the fireworks in DC - its worth it to do at least once in your life, but any more than that and it becomes a bit of a hassle.

I think I read that the cheapest section was about 650. The 'elite' I'm sure will be doing the ball, speech, parade at a meager price of about 50 grand. But those are the listed prices for the event if you search online.

I definitely want to go, though.

I'm thinking about going.

It would be well worth the four hour drive to see history.

Alot of you are closer so I'm sure some of you have been to at least one before.

What should I expect other than high security?

I'm going to be in DC that day. But doubt I'll get tickets. Have you seen the ****ing prices? It's outrageous. It's like getting a ticket to the god damn Super Bowl.

Congresspersons and Senators are in charge of the tickets. Contact them both.

...and as of my phone calls today none of my representatives, not even McConnell (minority leader) knew how many tickets they would be getting. You submit your contact info and then "don't call us we'll call you" type of thing.

History is infinitely easier to see on TV.

Warmer, too.

~Bang

Especially when you think about how historical it is, and the fact that it's pretty much a lock to be the longest inaugural speech ever given.

If I was Obama, I'd have a short and long speech, and pick based on the weather at Noon on January 20th.

William Henry Harrison, anybody?

It's a good thing to think about.

Especially when you think about how historical it is, and the fact that it's pretty much a lock to be the longest inaugural speech ever given.

If I was Obama, I'd have a short and long speech, and pick based on the weather at Noon on January 20th.

William Henry Harrison, anybody?

It's a good thing to think about.

Heck if I drive 8 hours to watch his speech I want it to be LOOOONNNGGGGG.

I am attempting to go..My grandmother was the cook in the Capitol building for 49 years.. and she said Obama was one of her favorites to cook for..and he made sure she had tickets...so hopefully she will let me go with her!..lol...Im sucking up reeeaaallly hard:laugh:

Archived