Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCain Supporter Refuses Halloween Treats To Kids Supporting Obama

Cooked Crack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6kiGYhzZv8

GROSSE POINTE FARMS, Mich. — A suburban Detroit woman has decided to scare up the vote among neighborhood children by just offering treats to John McCain supporters.

Shirley Nagel of Grosse Pointe Farms, Mich., handed out candy Friday only to those who shared her support for the Republican presidential candidate and his running mate Sarah Palin. Others were turned away empty-handed.

_________

Sounds like a story straight from The Onion. This woman is actually campaigning to little kids. Doesn't she know they can't vote? People need to stop letting politics slip into everything they do.

"Sounds like a story straight from The Onion. This woman is actually campaigning to little kids. Doesn't she know they can't vote? People need to stop letting politics slip into everything they do."

I definitely agree and on both sides of the fence. We have a McCain/Palin sign outside our house and parents would spoonfeed their kids Obama comments to make while we were getting candy. Some of it got pretty rude. We didn't retaliate, just smiled and gave them candy.

It's just getting ridiculous though....

Sounds like a fake story... how would you know? Otherwise, what a crazy thing to do.

Did you watch the video?

Either way she isn't a real Republican. Candy redistribution is a form on social welfare. She should have told these kids to support the free market and buy their own candy.

Letting your kids trick or treat in Detroit... well, you're just asking to run into a weirdo, aren't you?

~Bang

Detroit yes, Grosse Point no. Satan, 'er my ex was from Grosse Pointe and it's a very nice place with fairly friendly people. There are nutjobs all over.

Three disclaimers. First, I know Bang was going after the low hanging fruit of jokes-Detroit. Second, Grosse Point and Grosse Point Woods aren't the same place but they're close and very similar. Finally, that was a while back.

"Sounds like a story straight from The Onion. This woman is actually campaigning to little kids. Doesn't she know they can't vote? People need to stop letting politics slip into everything they do."

I definitely agree and on both sides of the fence. We have a McCain/Palin sign outside our house and parents would spoonfeed their kids Obama comments to make while we were getting candy. Some of it got pretty rude. We didn't retaliate, just smiled and gave them candy.

It's just getting ridiculous though....

I've never had a political sign in my yard. I mean why give my neighbors something to dislike? I'm sure I'm not going to sway anyone's vote. But If I did have a sign, I'd certainly take it down for Halloween as it would be offensive to people with different beliefs. And those kids wouldn't have had to be pressured by their stupid parents to make those remarks.

With that said, how f'ing stupid is it to try and sell you house with a political sign in the front yard? Yet most of the houses that I see with real estate signs also have political signs (mostly McSame ;) ) in the yard. What do you call that? "Curb repulse"?

What is a Obamibot?

KANSAS CITY — A teacher at a Kansas City charter school has been suspended after video of his public school students chanting praise of Barack Obama was posted on YouTube.

The video shows middle-school boys from the Urban Community Leadership Academy wearing T-shirts and camouflage pants, marching in formation and shouting out how Obama has inspired them. The students declare how the Democratic presidential candidate has sparked their aspirations to be architects, lawyers and entrepreneurs.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2008/10/07/teacher-suspended-students-pro-obama-chants/

youtube

Archived