Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barack Obama's first action as President

Zguy28

"Well, the first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act."

What? Not try to fix the economy?

Not deal with mess we made in Iraq?

Not deal with immigration issues?

How many times have I heard an earful on this board about how abortion isn't a real issue and that conservatives are stupid or right-wing nutjobs for bringing it up?

Appointing Sarah Palin as Ambassador to Russia. She's got so much experience with them.

I'd be happy if it was getting rid of the ability for corporations to get taxbreaks for exporting jobs. Seems like something most should be able to get behind. A nice easy win.

I guess this would be a good place to post a little something I had written up for a friend on my feelings of that:

Let me start by saying I hate having political discussions for the most part because people have an inability to conduct them in a civilized manner. This is an issue (involving this election) that no one really knows the truth about for the most part and I felt the need to share the truth with whoever reads this. Most will stay away from this for the sole fact that America and Americas love their ignorance. Ignorance is bliss for most. The truth can be too thought provoking, compelling, or in this case disgusting to want to even know.

Before you get lost in the shuffle, let me state this: the actual act of a Partial-Birth Abortion is for an abortionist to pull the baby's leg out of the mother, along with most of his/her's body leaving the head inside. The skull is then pierced with scissors, opening a large hole where a suction catheter is inserted, sucking the brains from the baby, collapsing his/her's skull and killing him/her.

Are you sick yet? This is what they do to CHILDREN! INNOCENT CHILDREN! Are you kidding me?!

Here are actual images showing this: http://www.nrlc.org/ABORTION/pba/PBA_Images/PBA_Images_Heathers_Place.htm - as you can see the baby is fully developed and 5-6 months into the pregnancy. It doesn't stop at that timeframe though. These partial-birth abortions can happen in the waning days of the pregnancy.

If you've read this far, you are reacting one of two ways now. Either you are absolutely appalled at this and can't believe it (don't worry, that is the human, moral, and ethical side of you) or you will refuse to believe this and carry on in your ignorance…go ahead if you are too scared to accept the truth and decline to believe in something that you aren't being brainwashed with by every media outlet out there.

You may also be asking, "How does this affect me?"

It's quite simple really. Let me share with you this quote: "The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing that I'd do" – Barack Obama.

"Freedom of Choice Act"…..sounds great, huh? The freedom to choose. I love it. Doesn't that sound like something you'd like? The choice of words is outstanding in that it is so misleading.

How about the "Freedom to kill my fully developed, unborn child Act?" Eh, that one doesn't sound too good. Let's try this….the "Freedom for my 15 year old to have an abortion without my parental knowledge Act". No, no, that's not right either, the public wouldn't care for that too much. I'll give it one last shot….the "Freedom to kill an additional 125,000 children to go along with the 1.3 million projected for next year Act". I gave it a shot, I don't think America would care much for that either. It just sounds too inhumane. I mean killing a child? Who would do such a thing? Not the America I love….not the America you love….right?.....right?!?!

By now you really think I'm off the handle. I mean I'm stating that abortion is essentially murder with partial-birth abortions being even more torturous and disgusting in every sense imaginable. How dare I? That's not what they say on TV, I mean, that's not human life inside a mother right? That's the argument for it… take a minute to "Google" the following key words: baby hand abortion. Search the images. You'll find pictures of a baby being aborted where his/her hand would reach out and grab hold of the abortionist's fingers. Try to tell me that's not life. Just try. Go ahead, lie to yourself enough to convince you of that then try to convince me with your own lie that you have the ignorance and audacity to believe.

But life doesn't begin at conception…...BS! Tell me when it does then? Having a hard time thinking of a time? Because it DOES begin at conception. Conception represents the unification of the 23 male chromosomes and 23 female chromosomes to create a single cell (embryo) with 46 chromosomes. These chromosomes are a person's actual DNA. This unification forms the unique person that will never be replicated and is when life begins. Go ahead and argue that with whatever you want….choose to remain blissfully ignorant, I'm just sharing the truth because I'm sick to my stomach knowing this and having to be aware of the fact that people don't know or that they simply don't care.

Now back to the "Freedom of Choice Act" (God I love how that sounds!). What does it really constitute and why am I making it a big deal? This law would fully legalize and aid in any type of abortion. Not only that, but parental knowledge and consent is completely gone. That's right, your 14 year old daughter can get pregnant and have an abortion without you ever having the slightest clue. One other thing to think about....if a baby somehow manages to survive an abortion, the abortionist does not have to help the baby. Instead, he/she is left to die.

So you are either at the point where you are pretty annoyed with me for sending this out and you are going to write me about how women deserve the right to choose (to take life), yadda yadda yadda, or you are actually wondering if this is all fact. I'll share with you below links to all of this information and everything it covers. Search for yourself. It's all truth.

So on to women having the right to choose, I mean it's their body right?

Hypothetical question for you. You believe there is nothing wrong with abortion and partial-birth abortion…..so…..why would a couple who has a year old child and that falls on tough financial times be unable to end their child's life then? Sounds extreme and sick right? Tell me the difference between that an abortion.

……well, errr….umm…..

……I'm still waiting. I guess the two aren't so dissimilar are they? That makes abortion sound so radical and primitive huh? Maybe, just maybe it is.

I'm just a 22 year old college student with a fire inside to share this truth with you. It's your choice to do something about it and to God-willing share it with others. Most will not want to read this and will probably get offended at the very fact that you are willing to share this with them. Like I said earlier America loves its ignorance, and ignorance is sadly bliss for most.

As promised here are links to various information. Let me reiterate, people love their ignorance, it's a safety zone. Some will simply look at these URLs and call them BS because some may be from "Pro-life" sites. Find something that refutes the information I sent you if you believe what I'm saying is not true. Be my guest, try….

Freedom Act resulting in increased abortions: http://www.lifenews.com/nat4359.html

The bill itself: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1173

Diagrams of partial-birth abortion: http://www.nrlc.org/ABORTION/pba/PBA_Images/PBA_Images_Heathers_Place.htm

Obama's statement: http://www.nrlc.org/foca/index.html

Diagram of life at conception: http://biblescripture.net/prolife.html

What are Chromosomes really? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome

Elaboration on the bill: http://theologica.blogspot.com/2008/08/obama-and-freedom-of-choice-act.html

Here are a few images to share (CAUTION: very graphic!):

http://my.opera.com/superArlin2/blog/show.dml/2480343

Just read the quotes if you got an issue with the source.

Obama On Late Abortion: Mental Distress Doesn't Justify It

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/04/obama-on-late-abortion-me_n_110884.html

WASHINGTON — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says "mental distress" should not qualify as a justification for late-term abortions, a key distinction not embraced by many supporters of abortion rights.

In an interview this week with "Relevant," a Christian magazine, Obama said prohibitions on late-term abortions must contain "a strict, well defined exception for the health of the mother."

Obama then added: "Now, I don't think that 'mental distress' qualifies as the health of the mother. I think it has to be a serious physical issue that arises in pregnancy, where there are real, significant problems to the mother carrying that child to term."

Last year, after the Supreme Court upheld a federal ban on late-term abortions, Obama said he "strongly disagreed" with the ruling because it "dramatically departs form previous precedents safeguarding the health of pregnant women."

The health care exception is crucial to abortion rights advocates and is considered a legal loophole by abortion opponents. By limiting the health exception to a "serious physical issue," Obama set himself apart from other abortion rights proponents.

The official position of NARAL Pro-Choice America, the abortion rights group that endorsed Obama in May, states: "A health exception must also account for the mental health problems that may occur in pregnancy. Severe fetal anomalies, for example, can exact a tremendous emotional toll on a pregnant woman and her family."

The 1973 landmark abortion case, Roe v. Wade, established a right to an abortion, and a concurrent case, Doe v. Bolton, established that medical judgments about the need for an abortion could include physical, emotional and psychological health factors.

"Senator Obama has consistently maintained that laws restricting abortions must contain exceptions for the health and life of the mother," Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said Thursday. "Obviously, as he stated in the interview, he has consistently believed those exceptions should be clear and limited enough to ensure that they don't undermine the prohibition on late-term abortions."

Obama's position is similar to that taken by a bipartisan group of senators in 1998 who tried to counter efforts to ban certain late-term abortions with their own legislation. That proposal, which failed, would have banned all late-term abortions except for those that are necessary to protect the physical health of the mother.

In a statement, NARAL Pro-Choice said Obama's magazine interview is consistent with Roe v. Wade.

"Sen. Obama has consistently said he supports the tenets set forth by Roe, and has made strong statements against President Bush's Federal Abortion Ban, which does not have an exception to protect a woman's health," the organization's statement said.

A leading abortion opponent, however, said Obama's rhetoric does not match his voting record and his previously stated views on abortion rights.

David N. O'Steen, the executive director of National Right to Life, said Obama's remarks to the magazine "are either quite disingenuous or they reflect that Obama does not know what he is talking about."

"You cannot believe that abortion should not be allowed for mental health reasons and support Roe v Wade," O'Steen said.

In the interview with Relevant, conducted on Tuesday, Obama also defended his opposition to restrictions on induced abortions where the fetus sometimes survives for short periods. Obama voted against such a bill when he was in the Illinois Senate. He has said he supported a federal version of the law that contained more specific language because he feared the Illinois proposal would have applied to all abortions.

"There was a bill that came up in Illinois that was called the 'Born Alive' bill that purported to require life-saving treatment to such infants. And I did vote against that bill," Obama said Tuesday. "The reason was that there was already a law in place in Illinois that said that you always have to supply life-saving treatment to any infant under any circumstances, and this bill actually was designed to overturn Roe v. Wade, so I didn't think it was going to pass constitutional muster."

His first action will be to round up you conservatives and take you away for a little vacation. I've been sending him names from ES for several weeks now.

Sadly neither would not surprise me at all.

I'm just a 22 year old college student with a fire inside to share this truth with you. It's your choice to do something about it and to God-willing share it with others. Most will not want to read this and will probably get offended at the very fact that you are willing to share this with them. Like I said earlier America loves its ignorance, and ignorance is sadly bliss for most.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:S.2020:

From the Freedom of Choice Act introduced in the senate in 2004:

(B) PROHIBITION OF INTERFERENCE- A government may not--

(1) deny or interfere with a woman's right to choose--

(A) to bear a child;

(B) to terminate a pregnancy prior to viability; or

© to terminate a pregnancy after viability where termination is necessary to protect the life or health of the woman; or

(2) discriminate against the exercise of the rights set forth in paragraph (1) in the regulation or provision of benefits, facilities, services, or information.

Perhaps ignorance is bliss. This bill would not allow for partial birth abortions except in the case of a mother's health being at risk.

(A) to bear a child;

© to terminate a pregnancy after viability where termination is necessary to protect the life or health of the woman; or

(2) discriminate against the exercise of the rights set forth in paragraph (1) in the regulation or provision of benefits' date=' facilities, services, or information.

[/b']

Perhaps ignorance is bliss. This bill would not allow for partial birth abortions except in the case of a mother's health being at risk.

Wrong. Notice that it doesn't draw a distinction between mental health and physical health, which according to Alexey, is something Obama has claimed is necessary.

See © above.

"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. " - Barack Obama

Wow. He's starting to use the same language as MassSkinsFan. Babies being considered punishment for sleeping around.

(A) to bear a child;

(2) discriminate against the exercise of the rights set forth in paragraph (1) in the regulation or provision of benefits' date=' facilities, services, or information.[/b']

The problem is that it doesn't state what constitutes the "health of the woman". As alexey's post indicates, several on the left are pushing that the "mental stress" of pregnanacy constitutes the "health of the woman".

Yes, it would. It would shock you to your core. Well, maybe not Jimbo feeding Homeland Security names, but the other part would floor you if Obama tried or suceeded to jail or exile Republicans.

It wouldn't shock me one bit. The prison camps are already built. Obama will find that he will love those powers that Bush gave to himself. If Obama and the democrats viewed anyone as a threat, they could definitely round people up and have them dissappear.

"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. " - Barack Obama

Wow. He's starting to use the same language as MassSkinsFan. Babies being considered punishment for sleeping around.

:wtf:

Did he really say that? Do you have a link or anything to that?

It wouldn't shock me one bit. The prison camps are already built. Obama will find that he will love those powers that Bush gave to himself. If Obama and the democrats viewed anyone as a threat, they could definitely round people up and have them dissappear.
You fellas have it all wrong.

Barack Obama is just the front man. The Clintons will be in charge of the roundup. And boy, is Hillary pissed. Heaven help you guys.

His first action will be to round up you conservatives and take you away for a little vacation. I've been sending him names from ES for several weeks now.

Some of them need some serious deprogramming. The kool aid is strong . I am a registered GOP but can see the last 8 years have been a total disaster and need a serious change and mcinsane is not it

This is all wrong. The first thing he will do as President, when he sits down in the Oval Office, is spin around in that chair and see how many rotations he can get. Then he'll play with the stapler. Then he'll buzz his secretary just to see if the Intercom is working.

:wtf:

Did he really say that? Do you have a link or anything to that?

"When it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence education and teaching the children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. You know, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

Archived