Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama Campaign Cuts Off Interviews With Florida TV Station

Seabee1973

Whoopie Goldberg actually went that far on "The View", asking John McCain if she should be worried about slavery. It happens on both sides of the aisle.

That is totally taken out of context (Whoopi would put it in that thread probably). Whoopi did NOT accuse McCain of being a racist. She made a point about "strict constructionism" of the Constitution... that if we just want to interpret it as the founders saw things in the 1700's, then we'd be interpreting it from the view of slavemasters.

In NO WAY, did she insinuate at all that McCain was a racist.

Whoopie Goldberg is as Brilliant as she is Beautiful.

Classic. :rotflmao:

Whoopie Goldberg actually went that far on "The View", asking John McCain if she should be worried about slavery. It happens on both sides of the aisle.

Yeah, Whoopie's question was obvious baiting, and she was trying to prove a point, the problem is that Whoopie is an entertainer not a journalist. What's more is that her point was spot on, because McCain was advocating the nomination of Constitutionalist judges who would interpret the Constitution in the same way the founding father's did, many of whom owned slaves and never did anything in the Constitution to protect them, the point behind it is that none of the judges that sit on the bench today interpret the Constitution in the same way as the founding fathers. Inflammatory...sure...journalistic....no....entertaining....you betcha!

Ok, Einstein. Click the link and Obama will educate you all. You're welcome. :doh:

Making jokes about intelligence, and then having a link that has absolutely nothing to do with Obama is priceless. I'd refrain from calling people Einstein when you can't even post a link with corresponding information relevant to your argument. Have a \_ (<--seat) kid and somebody will be with you shortly.

Hopefully we're not using 'The View' as the standard against which journalistic integrity is now met.

Hopefully we're not using 'The View' as the standard against which journalistic integrity is now met.

It's not a question of journalistic integrity... It's a question of how both campaigns have dealt with what you considered "like" situations.

It would be nit-picking for me to complain about how Biden responded... The real issue for me is that the Obama Campaign has a history of threatening people who challenge them on issues (even softball questions like this that come from left-field). They get way too defensive... Imagine what might happen if these folks from the same campaign assume authority over the DOJ? SEC? IRS? They have already requested investigations against political opponents... Why would you think that would stop when they don't have to ask anymore?

It's not a question of journalistic integrity... It's a question of how both campaigns have dealt with what you considered "like" situations.

It would be nit-picking for me to complain about how Biden responded... The real issue for me is that the Obama Campaign has a history of threatening people who challenge them on issues (even softball questions like this that come from left-field). They get way too defensive... Imagine what might happen if these folks from the same campaign assume authority over the DOJ? SEC? IRS? They have already requested investigations against political opponents... Why would you think that would stop when they don't have to ask anymore?

Wow- So you think Palin and McCain screaming that the MSM is playing "Gotcha" with questions is a good response but Biden saying "Your questions are are joke, but I'll answer them anyway" is being defensive....

Nope - No double standard for you....

Poor Whoopie. She gets hell on this board.

I personally liked her as an actress and comedian even saw her a few months back on Broadway in Xanadu. She was funny. I haven't seen enough of the view to have an impression of her as a commentator/interviewer.

I'm watching Girl Interrupted right now. She is a good actress.

I just don't care what she has to say.

Sure, if you had presented a 'like' situation, but you didn't.

Whoopi Goldberg is in no sense a journalist of any type. 'The View' isn't a news program in any way, shape or form.

Poor wittle Joey woey. Media is sooooo vicious. Another station no longer fweindly with Joey woey and Woebama. Boo hoo.

This is the most intelligent post I have read in a long time. :doh:

Is this where the level of discussion has sank to? We still have 7 days until the election, guess folks get upset when their guy is losing.

Archived