Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Remedy for those Terrible Towels(Merged)

StevieInferior

I've also emailed all the local shows on espn980 asking them to bring it up on the air to ask all fans to email the Redskins about this, and to see if maybe they have any pull with someone at the Redskins. I really like this idea, and it being a Nationally televised game, it'd be sweet to show the rest of the nation that we don't let other fans come in and try to "steel" the show.

HTTR!

Sorry to look ahead to next week, but Pittsburgh fans annoy the cr@p outta me. Their terrible towels are just stupid and I don't want them openly rooting for their team on national tv in our house. I truly think the Skins fans can use those yellow thingys against them. Now, I think it is too much to expect a giveaway to the fans from Mr. Customer Service himself, Dan Snyder. As such, I think that we should get as many fans as possible to bring red/burgandy towels to the game. perhaps the Caps "Rock the Red Towels" or some old burgandy color that you may have. Whatever the case, if we do bring them, and twirl them around when Pitt does, the impression on TV is that people are waving burgandy and gold. Just a thought to keep things "real" in our house.

What a BRILLIANT idea Stevie. The spectacle that would create in front of a watching Nation would be awesome. What was the game that fell on the anniversary of 9/11 a few years back? Minnesota? Whichever, 90,000 Stars and Stripes being waved that night was a sight to behold.

You should work in PR Sir. :applause:

Hail.

Sorry to look ahead to next week, but Pittsburgh fans annoy the cr@p outta me. Their terrible towels are just stupid and I don't want them openly rooting for their team on national tv in our house. I truly think the Skins fans can use those yellow thingys against them. Now, I think it is too much to expect a giveaway to the fans from Mr. Customer Service himself, Dan Snyder. As such, I think that we should get as many fans as possible to bring red/burgandy towels to the game. perhaps the Caps "Rock the Red Towels" or some old burgandy color that you may have. Whatever the case, if we do bring them, and twirl them around when Pitt does, the impression on TV is that people are waving burgandy and gold. Just a thought to keep things "real" in our house.

We should use our 21 towels for sean :) (given out at the game after he passed)

If I was home watching a monday night game involving the steelers and saw the opposing fans waving around towels, I would just think they're stupid copy cats, and can't create a good enough atmosphere on their own.

How about 90,000 show up and yell like crazy on defense(especially 3rd down) and cause 2-3 false starts. At least we wouldn't look gimicky.

If you wave around towels you might as well hold up a sign that says steelers fans are way cooler than us and we're not worthy. Just because someone else bought neon green shoes, would you??? Maybe in middle school.

I have a better idea, why don't the redskins go out there wearing gold and have Jason Campbell wear #7 instead of #17. Then maybe you'd be happy that we're more like your secret favorite team.

Just be proud of who we are and represent with Redskins pride. Forget trying to battle the opposing crowd. We actually have a mascot. They came up with the stupid towels just because they didn't want to dress like a steel worker.

BTW I'll be coming from Iowa to yell like mad...but I won't have a towel in hand.

What if the Steelers fans caught on that 'Skins fans were bringing burgundy towels and brought black terrible towels to counteract the 'Skins fans' sabotage? Then their would be "maroon and black" all over Fed Ex. The Steelers fans can't win this one.

Believe me, I despise all of the visiting fans that we get in our stadium. But I highly doubt that the Steeler fans will "win this one" in that they'll have more fans than us. You have to figure that FedEx seats 92K, so half of that is 46...I highly doubt that 46K tickets will be sold on ebay, stub hub, etc. for that game. And certainly not all of the buyers would be Steeler fans. I expect that we'll see between 10-12K of them. Now that's still a lot, but hardly a takeover. And if they were to catch on an bring black towels, then it would look like no Steeler fans whatsoever, because they're noted for their yellow towels.

...and I also agree with the crowd that says don't sell your tickets to opposing fans. I have a cash lot parking pass that I needed to sell for this game because we were able to get one in the stadium lot. When a Steeler fan responded to my ad, I told them that I refused to sell to them unless they were a Skins fan. I've had people that I know that root for other teams beg me to take them to games when their team has come to town, but I've refused everytime. And I'm not joking when I say that I've risked my job in the past to stick it to out-of-town fans, so I don't joke around when it comes to that. (A client asked for the use of my personal tickets-not company seats mind you-and I refused...they complained to my boss, who wasn't too happy about it.) I just wish that everyone was like that, because then we'd have no visitors in our stadium at all.

If I was home watching a monday night game involving the steelers and saw the opposing fans waving around towels, I would just think they're stupid copy cats, and can't create a good enough atmosphere on their own.

How about 90,000 show up and yell like crazy on defense(especially 3rd down) and cause 2-3 false starts. At least we wouldn't look gimicky.

If you wave around towels you might as well hold up a sign that says steelers fans are way cooler than us and we're not worthy. Just because someone else bought neon green shoes, would you??? Maybe in middle school.

I have a better idea, why don't the redskins go out there wearing gold and have Jason Campbell wear #7 instead of #17. Then maybe you'd be happy that we're more like your secret favorite team.

Just be proud of who we are and represent with Redskins pride. Forget trying to battle the opposing crowd. We actually have a mascot. They came up with the stupid towels just because they didn't want to dress like a steel worker.

BTW I'll be coming from Iowa to yell like mad...but I won't have a towel in hand.

I was going to try and get you to understand the intent of the burgundy towels but decided against it.

It's really simple: If you don't like the idea, don't bring/wave a towel!

Don't bash or talk down to those that thinks it's a good idea and can see the visual effect it would have on TV.

Have a safe trip in from Iowa, enjoy the game, and a safe trip back!

Now, I think it is too much to expect a giveaway to the fans from Mr. Customer Service himself, Dan Snyder.

I don't think of myself as a huge Snyder apologist, but this thread has gone 6 pages without anyone calling the OP out for needlessly getting a shot in at the owner????

I've been to several games in just the past couple of years where they've handed out towels of some sort to all the fans. They definitely handed out towels in remembrance of Taylor for the Bills game and I think they might have even handed out more 21 towels during another game as well. I also went to a Monday night game (I think it was opening night '06 against the Vikes) where everyone got a yellow towel with a burgundy "REDSKINS" written across it.

Seattle tried this at the Super Bowl. It was kind of pathetic looking.

The only reason that I am behind this at all is because of the ability for us to match their yellow towels w/ burgundy towels and we have our colors.

If their towels were any other color or ours werent burgundy, I'd be on the other side of this discussion.

I have been to games since FedEx opened. They handed out towels for Taylor and on a MNF game in 2000 agst the Cowboys (Deion Doo-rags). Outside of magnetic schedules on opening day (I actually didn't get one this year).

being a Caps season ticket holder as well, I marvel how the wordl's highest revnue team almost never does anything, and yet a money loser like the Caps finds a way to hook up its fans. Now I don't expect bobbleheads like the Caps do, but something as simple as this, yes I do.....and it will be of no significant cost to the skins

I don't think of myself as a huge Snyder apologist, but this thread has gone 6 pages without anyone calling the OP out for needlessly getting a shot in at the owner????

I've been to several games in just the past couple of years where they've handed out towels of some sort to all the fans. They definitely handed out towels in remembrance of Taylor for the Bills game and I think they might have even handed out more 21 towels during another game as well. I also went to a Monday night game (I think it was opening night '06 against the Vikes) where everyone got a yellow towel with a burgundy "REDSKINS" written across it.

The Steelers fans will take care of the yellow. We need to do the burgandy, otherwise the stadium will be yellow and make it look like Pitt fans

TRUE!!.. I like the idea and if towels aren't handed out then just have something burgandy to wave...even if they wave their towels it'll still look like a burgandy and gold thang!

Archived