Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Remedy for those Terrible Towels(Merged)

StevieInferior

I feel ya.... I sent Larry an email at Redskins Nation on Monday about getting the word out for the towels and he mentioned me by name during the show. I got 4 phone calls and about 8-10 emails from friends wanting to know if he was talking about me..... Petty in the big picture but still pretty cool!

I heard the radio broadcast, thought it was a great idea and ordered 1000 to hand out either in the parking lot or in section 443!!!!!:cheers:

Looks like Matt terl from the Redskins Blog got all of your e-mails.

Hail!

http://theredskinsblog.com/2008/10/30/thursday-redskins-cheerleaders-links-1030/

"And one other game note, not cheerleader-related. I’ve gotten emails from something like a dozen different people on this, so I’m mentioning it in the hopes of preventing more. Here’s the deal: some fans are planning to bring burgundy towels to FedExField Monday Night, so that if any Steelers fans try to wave the (yellow-y gold) Terrible Towels, it’ll turn into a sea of burgundy and (yellow-y) gold waving towels. I’m not sure how strong a Steelers presence there’s likely to be, but if you’re going to the game and you’re worried about that, this is something that some people are trying to do".

Great job, everyone, in raising the fans' involvement in the game by waving the burgundy towels! We need to remember to do this when we're on defense so we don't distract our offense. It's the same thing as keeping quiet.

For those who mentioned not wanting to look like copycats, waving towels is spreading throughout all sports, so it's not a copycat issue. Besides, when all the fans were waving the ST towels at the Bills' game, that was our intro. to doing this. Now, we're just continuing it w/ Redskin colors.

I don't have tixx, so I look forward to seeing it on TV!

Great, so when the Steelers fans are waving their towels when the Redskins offense is on the field, we are going to have thousands of our fellow idiot fans waving and making noise with them. Does no one else see the problem with this idea?

Edit: seems that Burgundy&Gold4ever realizes that this could become a problem.

Man this will be so sick. I think it makes it even better to be "copying" Pittsburgh. Kinda like an "in your face" type of deal ha

The in your face element kickz azzz........One of my bestfriends is a DIE HARD Steelers fan and all he talks about is them terrible towels. Every Sunday when me all of my friends get together to watch football, he swings that dam towel around. I hope them Steeler fans bring those towels out like they always do. Gonna show all the football fans across the country how we are the best fans on the planet with all of them burgundy and gold flags waiving. I know if we lose we will still be 6-3, but dam that I NEED US TO WIN THIS GAME for braggin rights. I dont care if we win by one dam point. We need the braggin rights with all the local Steeler fans, plus I would be super ampped going into our bye week 7-2. We will OFFICIALLY be one of the hands down best teams in the league. No question. There are still a lot of skeptical nonRedskin fans out there. We will officially be one of the bad boys on the block.....

I really hope a lot of people take part it this. If I were back there I would bring a frickin truckload of burgundy towels b/c I'd like nothing more than to have those stupid terrible towels drowned out by sheer masses of burgundy! Good luck all! And represent well all of us who can't make the game!

Gotta bump this and keep the awareness. As far as I can tell so far we have got this on The Locker Room with Doc Walker.....The Redskins.com Oficcial Blog and I believe The Sports Reporters but I could be wrong.... Anyone have any ideas to keep this going?

Archived