Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Remedy for those Terrible Towels(Merged)

StevieInferior

• 9 months later...
Great idea, why on earth couldn't a redskin higher up think the same way we do. It's time we do some things different in our house to make the experience better. I know we have the great jumbo tron that everyone looks forward to, but ideas like yours would be a breath of fresh air.

After all, the reason we go to the games is so we can watch it on a big jumbotron.

So your answer to the Terrible Towel is to wave a towel of our own??

You know what a remedy would be for the Terrible Towels??

Win the game.

:hysterical:

Seriously, how about this one... Especially at HOME GAMES... The team performs up to the rediculous price to attend the game!?

i absolutely hate the steelers. i absolutely hate the idea of squeeler fans waving their yellow towels, but at least all the money that comes in from the terrible towels is for charity.. i guess you could say thats kind of cool, but my god i hate seeing them especially at M&T

I hope everyone realizes that my "bump" of this thread was meant to be slightly sarcastic (being it's still only the preseason :D), but honestly we did get suprisingly overrun last year at home. Below is an excerpt I took from Matt's blog the day of the game, note the words highlighted in bold:

Looks like Matt terl from the Redskins Blog got all of your e-mails.

Hail!

http://theredskinsblog.com/2008/10/30/thursday-redskins-cheerleaders-links-1030/

"And one other game note, not cheerleader-related. I’ve gotten emails from something like a dozen different people on this, so I’m mentioning it in the hopes of preventing more. Here’s the deal: some fans are planning to bring burgundy towels to FedExField Monday Night, so that if any Steelers fans try to wave the (yellow-y gold) Terrible Towels, it’ll turn into a sea of burgundy and (yellow-y) gold waving towels. I’m not sure how strong a Steelers presence there’s likely to be, but if you’re going to the game and you’re worried about that, this is something that some people are trying to do".

Hopefully we'll kick some ass on Saturday (I know, I know, preseason, got it)...but at least we can hope for some revenge for that dire Monday night fiasco.

HTTR!

:logo:

That's because, the truth is, hardly anybody reads this site. As a matter of percentage, hardly any of the fedexfield season ticket holders read this forum.

While that's probably true, I'm sure there's a pretty good percentage of season ticket holders that has a friend whom has a brother that's engaged to a Redskin fan (love for the lady fans).

;)

Perhaps I will bring my Sean Taylor towel for that game. I don't think that I have a burgundy towel. I think that it is a good idea, but it would basically be a face cloth from Bed Bath and Beyond and I really don't think that it would look all that great.

Archived