Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Remedy for those Terrible Towels(Merged)

StevieInferior

I think you would just have to buy a lot of Skins towels: http://cgi.ebay.com/Washington-Redskins-Colored-Sports-golf-Rally- Towel_W0QQitemZ190254350909QQcmdZViewItem

Then just hand them out. I remember a game against the 49ers in 98' on MNF were the Skins handed out a bunch of white Skins rally towels. didn't help skins lost 45-10. Still have it at my folks house in Va.

Uh, they wave towels when the opposing team is on offense. If you waved towels along with them, you'd be distracting your own team.... Anybody think of that?

Yeah, I thought of that. Also thought that if some waving towels can distract the team then they have bigger problems.

The whole idea here is that the flying yellow **** towels are going to be there, we want to counteract the appearance of steelers fans in our house. I have written to the Redskins and Larry to try and get the word out!

Yeah, I thought of that. Also thought that if some waving towels can distract the team then they have bigger problems.

The whole idea here is that the flying yellow **** towels are going to be there, we want to counteract the appearance of steelers fans in our house. I have written to the Redskins and Larry to try and get the word out!

Distracting the offense is why they wave the towels in the first place. But let's say you're right and the visual stimulus won't bother Campbell or Suisham or Plackemeier, do you really expect people to wave towels around excitedly, while remaining quiet? It would make for an eerie sight if they could, but are we that desperate to "counteract" a few visiting team fans that we risk looking like a bunch of a-holes?

One way or the other, I just don't want to have to go through the embarassment of having a million terrible towels waving in our stadium on national TV. Odds are there'll be about 10-12K or so Steeler fans, which isn't a lot when you have 92K people in total, but they'll be a presence.

If you look at the back of your ticket it does say that FedEx Field officials have the right to not allow you into the stadium under any circumstance, so I see no reason why that couldn't be invoked whenever an opposing fan comes to the gate.

Sorry to look ahead to next week, but Pittsburgh fans annoy the cr@p outta me. Their terrible towels are just stupid and I don't want them openly rooting for their team on national tv in our house. I truly think the Skins fans can use those yellow thingys against them. Now, I think it is too much to expect a giveaway to the fans from Mr. Customer Service himself, Dan Snyder. As such, I think that we should get as many fans as possible to bring red/burgandy towels to the game.
The terrible towels are stupid but you want the Redskins' fans to wave red towels around at a game? I don't get it.

We have the biggest stadium in the league, the only team with a marching band, a kick ass unique fight song, a long storied tradition. We don't need to steal another team's schtick. :2cents:

Even better, if everyone sitting int he lower endzone levels brings yellow poster board and they all hold it up at the same time during steeler feildgoals, the goal posts with "disappear" making the kick much harder!

You know what?...that's a great idea. It'll never happen though because you'd have to get the entire group sitting in the endzone to do it, but it's a great idea. Plus I could just see the Steelers complaining about that and with the game being on national TV and all, the league would probably issue a policy saying no signs in the stands. Seriously, I find it amusingly ridiculous that it's noisy in every stadium in the league, but yet teams complain about things like excessive crowd noise in our stadium.

The terrible towels are stupid but you want the Redskins' fans to wave burgundy towels around at a game? I don't get it.

We have the biggest stadium in the league, the only team with a marching band, a kick ass unique fight song, a long storied tradition. We don't need to steal another team's schtick. :2cents:

What?? We arent stealing anything from anyone.... in a sense we are trying to use the towels against them. On a nationally televised game we dont want it looking like the steelers have any kind of presence in our house. Thats all, not stealing anything, just borrowing it to stick it up their ***!!!

Look, the Steeler fans travel well because they are a bunch of toothless hillbillies with no jobs and have plenty of time to travel around the East Coast and wave gay little towels around over their heads. I pity them. I don't want to emulate them.

HTTR!

Archived