Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8 sacks

Slateman

Oh my lord.

Our defense just KICKED MAJOR BUTT, and yet, we IMMEDIATELY have a thread proclaiming JT isn't doing enough.

He is getting pressure......he is getting tips.

They ARE ALL doing their jobs.

Geez.

Jason Taylor this game: 0 tackles... 0 sacks... you get the picture.

He still may be hurt, but he hasn't exactly lit things up for us yet this season.

Oh my lord.

Our defense just KICKED MAJOR BUTT, and yet, we IMMEDIATELY have a thread proclaiming JT isn't doing enough.

He is getting pressure......he is getting tips.

They ARE ALL doing their jobs.

Geez.

I agree this isn't the game to pick on our D. The reason is that we haven't invested in pass rushers in the draft for ten years. We need to do that someday. We are really good at finding corners and safeties, but as far as linebackers and especially D linemen we seem to hate drafting blue chippers or even any in the first or second round.

Today though, our D was great.

Your joking, right?

Please tell me you are, cause I really thought you had football sense.

Or are you just showing me what the stats are......and NOT what he has actually contributed, right?

I don't know if I have that great football sense or not. LOL. I'm just not seeing anything that I don't see from Carter, or whoever else we have out at DE. God, seemed like we were short at that position tonight. What has JT contributed so far that the other DEs haven't? (Other than locker room freebies from Nike?:silly:)

Thats how many sacks we have in 7 games.

Seriously, I expected Jason Taylor to have that many on his own.

Why can't the Redskins get a pass rush? I mean, this isn't a problem this year. Its been a problem since Marvin Lewis's first year as DC.

Whats going on?

We do have a pass rush. We get hurries, batted balls and hits on the QB. We just don't have that many sacks. Ask the teams we beat about our lack of pass rush.

:cheers:

The lack of a pass rush will cause us to lose a few games. I hope this team concentrates on the dline in the next draft.

you know what? For a while I was worried about sacks too, but let it gooooo.The D is killing it. We're getting pressure, but just not the hands on sacks. One thing I have noticed is we ARE getting closer to the sacks. Give it time.

We get no pass rush, period. The D did it's job, as usual. For example: that first goal line stand is all you can ask for from any D. But it's awfully frustrating to see the opposing QB get plenty of time to throw, over and over again.

I think we got some pretty good pressure most of the game, the first 3 quarters anyway, if not sacks per se.

Demarcus Ware has 9 sacks alone. haha

That MUST mean they are important lol.gif

Jason Taylor gets no push.

Andre Carter hasn't been the same as last year (although I believe he will pick it up).

That's basically what it comes down to. The DT's are doing an ok job in the pass rush but their is no rush off the edges.

We need you JT and AC!

I think Carter has been getting a steady push...it just seems like every time I see him beat his man around the corner his man is getting in a quick hold which takes away his getting to the QB.

He had a critical bat, once again. Tackles/sacks doesn't always tell the story.
Seems like all our DLs are good at that. We didn't give up a 2nd and what a 6th, so he could just be like everybody else on our DE rotation. Hope he gets well and starts producing, 'cause he isn't getting any younger.

Guest isjoining

sack numbers are overrated. Cowboys as a whole got 5 sacks and yet they still got blown out because of poor run defense and their secondary is lost.

Archived