Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8 sacks

Slateman

Thats how many sacks we have in 7 games.

Seriously, I expected Jason Taylor to have that many on his own.

Why can't the Redskins get a pass rush? I mean, this isn't a problem this year. Its been a problem since Marvin Lewis's first year as DC.

Whats going on?

I think it's Blache's system, and I'm not going to complain one damn bit.

Our D is playing LIGHTS OUT.

I agree. This system is not good for sacks. We never get pressure, even when we blitz. But the D is still playing well so I'm not going to complain too much.

I agree. This system is not good for sacks. We never get pressure, even when we blitz. But the D is still playing well so I'm not going to complain too much.

never get pressure.

Anderson was knocked down 4 or 5 times and pressured 8 or 9 times into throwing the ball away. Plus Carter had a sack. I did see pressure, and I did see a tipped pass or two.

It's not ideal, but it's working.

Thats how many sacks we have in 7 games.

Seriously, I expected Jason Taylor to have that many on his own.

Why can't the Redskins get a pass rush? I mean, this isn't a problem this year. Its been a problem since Marvin Lewis's first year as DC.

Whats going on?

The strength of this defense is in the backfield, though with injuries less so. Anyway, rather then sell out with total rush packages they have just applied enough pressure to hurry the QBs and take away their passing lanes.

Unless there is some total change in that philosphy I don't expect for us to have a bunch of sacks this year.

Taylor hasn't been 100% at all so far this year, and our D has STILL been playing fantastic, even without the big sack.

Lets get Taylor to 100% health before we start bashing. And even if he doesn't get there, can anyone really complain about how this D has been playing overall this season?

Our front get's pressure from the ends but the tackles fail to collapse the pocket allowing qb's time to step up in the pocket away from the ends. Cornelius Griffin, and Kedric Golston are the weakness on the line and which is why qb's are able to beat the outside pressure.

Jason Taylor, and Andre Carter are not the problem

never get pressure.

Anderson was knocked down 4 or 5 times and pressured 8 or 9 times into throwing the ball away. Plus Carter had a sack. I did see pressure, and I did see a tipped pass or two.

It's not ideal, but it's working.

Some pressure, but we were never really that close to a sack. Anderson just played terribly.

Archived