Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things you hate in conversations with people

Spaceman Spiff

I have a friend who thinks I really dont know alot about sports when I do. Each time someone else asks me a question about sports and I answer it in front of this friend he claims its wrong and looks it up on the internet. Each time it ends with "oh yeah, your right".

I HATE it when I'm talking to someone and they're telling me a story...and they start name dropping the people involved like I know them when I've never even met them. "Yeah, so I was telling Matt that he should..." Who? Who the **** is Matt? Do I know them? My co-worker does this ALL THE TIME and for some reason it drives me up the wall.

Yeah, that's pretty damn annoying, actually. I agree 100%. Can they at least preface the person's name by telling you who the person is? Is it your cousin? Your next-door neighbor? Your pet parakeet? I have no effing clue who you're talking about, and the name 'Tom' or 'Mike' or 'Sally' doesn't exactly narrow things down for me!!

My mom is so guilty of this and it drives me up the wall. She'll be telling you something and just when you think she's finished, she adds another thought in. I'm usually ready to respond to something and I find myself constantly trying to get the first word out, but she interupts me with another thought. I just want to kill someone when they do that. GET ALL YOUR DAMN THOUGHTS OUT AT ONCE! If you expect me to be a part of the conversation, let me talk.

I also hate mindless, repetitive responses when you ask a question.

"Hey Tom, how's it going?"

> "Eh.... it's Monday..."

> "Ahh... just counting down the hours." (til end of the day)

> "It's almost Friday."

> "Workin for the man."

> "Hangin' in there."

> "Another day, another dollar."

My standard reply is "Living the dream." The sarcasm usually finds it's way through.

I have a friend who thinks I really dont know alot about sports when I do. Each time someone else asks me a question about sports and I answer it in front of this friend he claims its wrong and looks it up on the internet. Each time it ends with "oh yeah, your right".

Ha...similar story, but I hate it when I'm talking football with someone, and they talk down to me like I've never watched a football game in my life.

I love my brother-in-law to death, but he does this to me. He'll tell me the various things the Skins will have to do to win next Sunday, when he's a Saints fan from New Orleans and he doesn't follow the Skins one-tenth as closely as I do. Sometimes I want to tell him, dude, I know more about the Saints than you do, and the Saints are your favorite team. :)

I hate when someone who is normally quiet enters into a conversation when the word "car" is spoken. Like a few weeks ago, someone asked me "hey Joe, hows your new car?" and I say "Great, I love it". Then the office dip**** runs in and starts talking about his POS car for 20 minutes, totally ruining our pleasant, simple conversation.

I also hate mindless, repetitive responses when you ask a question.

"Hey Tom, how's it going?"

> "Eh.... it's Monday..."

> "Ahh... just counting down the hours." (til end of the day)

> "It's almost Friday."

> "Workin for the man."

> "Hangin' in there."

> "Another day, another dollar."

Then the popular response to that is:

"Mmmhmm... I hear that."

Seriously people, go knife yourselves.

I recently heard a new, somewhat original response at work recently -

"Another day, shot to hell, by having to go to work"

And the funny thing, is that was a manager who said that

Is everyone here familiar with the phrase "It is what it is." I absolutely hate that phrase. To me, that's the ultimate speech of a quitter, because I only ever hear it in regards to something bad.

For God's sake, sack up and do something to fix your problem, don't just accept it with these five words and let it beat you.

I absolutely DETEST that way-over-used mindless phrase "I know, right ???"

with that femininely retarded fluctuation in pitch.

What they're saying is, that they don't know, and they have no idea what you just said, they just want you to think that they do.

:hammer:

I know, right.

Seriously though, my mom does the following so much, and it just annoys the hell out of me. Essentially, she'll want me to do something her way, or she'll want me to do something new which she considers beneficial to me. When I make a counterpoint, she'll come in with this: "Well, they say it helps."

WHO ARE "THEY?" God, if you're going to argue, come up with a source to cite. Don't just try to fool me into things that you think are good. I'm not an idiot. Jeez Louise that aggravates me.

Is everyone here familiar with the phrase "It is what it is." I absolutely hate that phrase. To me, that's the ultimate speech of a quitter, because I only ever hear it in regards to something bad.

For God's sake, sack up and do something to fix your problem, don't just accept it with these five words and let it beat you.

:applause::applause::applause:

That is a new one that I've heard way too much lately. I completely hate it and it makes my blood boil everytime I hear it. It is used often by the people I work for and it's usually the the answer I get when I ask why I can't get steady work or why can't I get my paycheck in a timely fashion.:mad::mad::mad:

I hate it when people say, "ya know what I mean?" after ever frickin sentence...or over use the work "like"....

Example- "I was like blah blah blah and then she was like blah blah blah, ya know what I mean?"

Archived