Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things you hate in conversations with people

Spaceman Spiff

I HATE it when I'm talking to someone and they're telling me a story...and they start name dropping the people involved like I know them when I've never even met them. "Yeah, so I was telling Matt that he should..." Who? Who the **** is Matt? Do I know them? My co-worker does this ALL THE TIME and for some reason it drives me up the wall.

Another is when you're talking and the other person is going "uh huh..uh huh..." every five seconds. "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh".

Add your own.

I hate when im having a conversation with someone and another person jumps in and starts talking about something completely stupid and knows that neither one of us give a crap what they have to say. Example: Sitting on my patio talking to a few friends about work and stuff and then another friends pops in and starts talking about cars knowing none of us give a crap about freakin cars. Irritates the crap out of me.

I hate it when you are telling a story you think is really cool and the person starts talking in the middle of yours and then pretty soon are telling their own story..

"I was at the bar talking to this girl when...."

"oh yeah I was once at a bar....."

**** you man, try listening to me instead of just waiting to speak you douchebag..

I hate it when you are telling a story you think is really cool and the person starts talking in the middle of yours and then pretty soon are telling their own story..

"I was at the bar talking to this girl when...."

"oh yeah I was once at a bar....."

**** you man, try listening to me instead of just waiting to speak you douchebag..

They're basically trying to tell you that you're boring :)

jk

I absolutely DETEST that way-over-used mindless phrase "I know, right ???"

with that femininely retarded fluctuation in pitch.

What they're saying is, that they don't know, and they have no idea what you just said, they just want you to think that they do.

:hammer:

I can't stand it when my wife takes me to some event or get together of her friends or colleagues... she always assumes I'll hate it, and as a result, she always says

"Oh, you'll like so-n-so.. he's a football fan".

And before you know it, someone leads this guy over to me and I'm expected to talk football.

Now, I'm not anti-social at all, and I function very well in parties where i don't know anyone. But invariably this poor 'football fan' is nowhere near what i consider a football fan. Me, I live and breathe it. I't probably borderline obsessive, but it's my main interest outside of responsibilities. And inevitably this poor guy only knows the names of the superstar players, parrots what he hears on Fox, and eventually will say something that's just dumber than hell... And I will then begin to discuss football the way I do with people I know who know football, and the conversation quickly ends.

So, I think it would be a good idea if guys had to wear a "sports knowledge" meter. Save those of us who DO want to really talk sports the trouble of going through the discomfort.

And I don't know about you, but when I am in a social situation, and a guy says "No, I'm not really into sports".. I look at him like he's an alien.

~Bang

And inevitably this poor guy only knows the names of the superstar players, parrots what he hears on Fox, and eventually will say something that's just dumber than hell... And I will then begin to discuss football the way I do with people I know who know football, and the conversation quickly ends.

Most likely a Cowpuke fan you're talking to.

And I don't know about you, but when I am in a social situation, and a guy says "No, I'm not really into sports".. I look at him like he's an alien.

~Bang

Ain't that the truth.

I know enough about most sports to carry on a casual conversation, even sports I hate (hockey, soccer) to where I can talk for a few minutes.

But man, guys that don't like sports? At all? Weird.

Thats the best thing about being a guy...no matter where you are, or what you're doing...there's a game on somewhere.

I hate one-uppers

HELL YA BRO!!

I am with you too Bang. Most people who talk about sports with me know that I know what I am talking about so when some yahoo starts rambling I will usually just stare at them when they are done and just move on. I dont feel the need to prove I know anything about sports. I usually forget more about sports/music then most people learn in a lifetime. :silly:

I hate when someone who is normally quiet enters into a conversation when the word "car" is spoken. Like a few weeks ago, someone asked me "hey Joe, hows your new car?" and I say "Great, I love it". Then the office dip**** runs in and starts talking about his POS car for 20 minutes, totally ruining our pleasant, simple conversation.

I also hate mindless, repetitive responses when you ask a question.

"Hey Tom, how's it going?"

> "Eh.... it's Monday..."

> "Ahh... just counting down the hours." (til end of the day)

> "It's almost Friday."

> "Workin for the man."

> "Hangin' in there."

> "Another day, another dollar."

Then the popular response to that is:

"Mmmhmm... I hear that."

Seriously people, go knife yourselves.

> "It's almost Friday."

> "Workin for the man."

> "Hangin' in there."

"Mmmhmm... I hear that."

When you ask a banal question like:

Expect a banal answer like the ones you listed.

I hate when someone who is normally quiet enters into a conversation when the word "car" is spoken. Like a few weeks ago, someone asked me "hey Joe, hows your new car?" and I say "Great, I love it". Then the office dip**** runs in and starts talking about his POS car for 20 minutes, totally ruining our pleasant, simple conversation.

> "It's almost Friday."

> "Workin for the man."

> "Hangin' in there."

"Mmmhmm... I hear that."

If you work in an office environment, you're going to hate the time you spend there.

EDIT: Hell not just in the office. These are usually terms that people use when they don't feel like letting you in. I guess you're the odd man out.

As for myself, I hate it when people break into "Valley" speak and use the word "like" nonstop. Just playing one day, I actually counted how many times I heard the word in a short conversation. I think I was up to 43 when I brought it to the person's attention.

I also hate it when people feel the need to do a comedy routine for friends. I can understand the first time, but when it starts spilling over into email and when you've heard it the 10th time within a year, it starts to grate on you.

Archived