Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King Explains Ranking The Skins Below The Cowboys

It came down to this: If Washington and Dallas met on a neutral field in Wichita right now, I think Dallas would win. I trust Romo sits to pee a little more than Campbell right now.

Ridiculous! He's afraid to abandon Dallas..doesn't want to lose those TX readers you know :rolleyes:. What a crap explanation...we'd lose to them on a neutral field but beat them on their home turf..yeah...that makes THEM better:doh:

Yeah i think he thought the game was fed ex.

then i'd love to see a follow up with king on that point. either he's clueless on the location or he's nuts. i'm guessing he'd rank the skins above dallas if he figures out the game was in dallas, given his remark about the neutral site?????

hmm... tony Romo sits to pee 5 int's vs. Jason Campbell 0 ints... who do you trust?

Tony Romo sits to pee pulled the double fumblerooski in his own end zone in week 2. so far he is the only quarterback this year to fumble the ball twice in one play.

This time of BS from Peter King and others in the media doesn't surprise me one bit, but it doesn't make me mad. I enjoy seeing guys like Peter King make utter FOOLS of themselves with this type of "reasoning." I realized a long, long time ago that Dallas fans are often in so much denial that they can watch their team get shoved around all game long, lose the game big-time, and they'll still believe that Dallas is the better football team.

just when you think Peter King is coming around

his Poke Bias rears it's ugly head

How can you say the Pokes could beat the Skins on a "neutral" field when they can't on their freaking home field?

lost 2 in a row to the Skins, 5 of 7?

Writers value their pre-season predictions too much, and are too arrogant to let the team's play decide their opinions

just when you think Peter King is coming around

his Poke Bias rears it's ugly head

How can you say the Pokes could beat the Skins on a "neutral" field when they an't on their freaking home field?

lost 2 in a row to the Skins, 5 of 7?

Writer value their pre-season opinions too much, and are too arrogant to let the teams play decide their opinions

Now, bubba, remember what King said...the Cowboys beating the Packers in Lambeau would mean that Romo sits to pee can indeed win the "big games" lol...Now, if the Cowboys can beat the Skins in Witchita, then that means Dallas is indeed the better team. It makes more sense if you hit yourself in the head with a hammer for 45 minutes straight first. :thumbsup:

He has absolutely no argument here. The head-to-head record, overall record, strength of schedule, and signature wins all favor the Redskins. We dominated them when we played, and we had a TD called back on a bogus penalty, while a late TD for them made it closer than it should have been. Oh yeah, we also played in their house. This is indefensible.

Couple things;

How can you "trust Romo sits to pee" when he has basically so far shown that he is a fantasy football QB. Putting up big numbers, but making crucial mistakes and turnovers in big games when the game is on the line? I guess you could make the argument that Campbell hasn't had AS MUCH big game experience, but the big games Romo sits to pee has been a part of, he has usually made costly mistakes that hurt his team.

Also, How can you like Dallas's defense over Washington's when the Cowboys secondary has shown basically EVERY SINGLE WEEK, that they can't cover white on rice? Terrence Newman is having a down year so far, and the rest of the secondary is a joke. Adam Jones? Come on the guy is overblown, overrated and most of all overpaid. The Redskins have played five games against five of the toughest offenses in the league and are 4-1. They have outscored opponents 34-10 in the 4th quarter when defenses are "supposed to be tired"

Lastly, the power rankings should reflect where the teams stand RIGHT NOW, not what he thought of a team in September, or how good he thinks they will be in December. Bottomline is, what is the point of coming out with weekly power rankings if you aren't ranking the teams according to their progress currently?

I don't see how anyone can say our defenses are equal. We both allow almost the same amount of points and yards, but this is why blache says stats are for losers. Dallas has faced THE WORST TWO OFFENSES IN THE LEAGUE whereas the redskins have faced 5 top 10 offenses, including 4 of the top 5. Average rank of the offenses we've faced: 4th; average rank of the offenses dallas has faced: 18th. So statistically we may be 13th and 14th, but you can't tell me that realistically we are even close. The offenses they have faced average almost a full 100 yards less per game than the offenses we've faced. The amazing thing is we're doing this with 3 or 4 injured starters on defense.

I don't know why anyone sees this as a BAD thing!

This is exactly the type of rectal smoke infusion that has the Cowboys whining around their sippycups. Keep up the good work there Petey boy!

I look forward to your articles in January on why the Superbowl will be completely irrelevant since the best team didn't make it there.

I don't see any real problem with his analysis. We're one quarter of the way through the season. The Redskins have rocketed up every power ranking out there. But the Cowboys are still a formidable, talented team despite being handled by the Skins. Not all the rankings represent that week's zeitgeist, but take a longer range view of the season.

If this was college and power rankings decided who was going to play for the tite that would be one thing. Fortunately this is where the big boys play and it's decided on the field. I think the whole power ranking thing was something dreamed up by sports writers to somehow make themselves relevant. Again, why would anyone get into a snit about what some fat turd says who was probably the last one chosen in pickup games?

All these talking head tools pray at the altar of The Big Blue Star and worship their god Romo sits to pee. Shouldn't be any big suprise but I do wonder how you can "trust Romo sits to pee" when he has a tendency to throw interceptions and play patty-cake with a loose football in his own end zone. Think about it, how many times have you seen turnovers where Tony Romo sits to pee is the central figure in the play? Oh yeah Peter, you might want to watch this

before you trust Tony too much. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Come on Peter, let us help you out of the closet and just admit that you are a Romosexual. :dallasuck

Hey Peter...would you like some chapstick with that? I hear Jerry Jones loves your lips all over his...

Calling our defense a wash is a JOKE and a total disrespect. Our defense OWNS the Dallas defense. We have only played top 10 ranked offenses in the league and in the case of Philly, held them to less points on the road than Dallas did to them at home. How is that a wash? On top of that, you beat 2 division rivals, 2 weeks in a row, at home...and you want to rank us BELOW Dallas? I must be drinking that Cowboys coolaid.

and we've seen them .... score 41 on a tough defense (Philadelphia), .

Talk about your selective, arbitrary criteria.

You've also seen them give up 31 points in a half to a Philly offense that the Redskins completely shut down. You've seen their defense completely unable to stop Washington's running game when it mattered most. You've seen them post wins over zero teams with winning records.

tool

I still enjoy all the media bias against us. To be honest, who cares what the media thinks. The team is performing at a high level every week and hopefully it will be consistent and we will not play to what our opponents abilities are. I will be disappointed if we don't beat the rams by at least 14.

I don't see any real problem with his analysis. We're one quarter of the way through the season. The Redskins have rocketed up every power ranking out there. But the Cowboys are still a formidable, talented team despite being handled by the Skins. Not all the rankings represent that week's zeitgeist, but take a longer range view of the season.

But King's ranking doesn't "take a longer range view"...he even says that if the Cowboys played the Redskins right now on a neutral field, the Cowboys would win. Not "in week 14", but right now. Not to mention (as so many of us already have) that his "neutral field" argument is all sorts of contradictory. King also goes on to say that he trusts Romo sits to pee more than Campbell (again, right now), but gives no reasons why. With Romo sits to pee's propensity to fumble or throw INTs added to his history of choking in big games, I can't come up with any immediate reason why right now Romo sits to pee instills more "trust" in ANYONE.

So if we played on a neutral field in a week, they'd win, but when we played at their home two weeks ago, we won?

Good logic Peter.

What else should we expect from the pro-Dallas media? The Skins could beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game and they would STILL say that the Cowboys were the best team in the NFC.

The media isn't so much anti-Redskins as it is pro-Cowboy. They like it when Dallas is good and controversial, because it sells. Maybe one of our players should stab the other in the neck with barber's scissors to get some media attention for the Skins! ;)

Archived