Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official VP Debate Thread

Cooked Crack

take off your liberal blinders. So far it is a even debate.

I'm undecided and independent, and I have to say, so far as I expected Palin is doing better than people expected following the Couric debacle. She's not doing too badly in terms of American perception (which I suppose is what matters).

In general, though, I would say Biden is doing slightly better. Someone said that Biden looks like he's sleeping through this and I agree. Palin looks a lot less comfortable right now. That doesn't mean this won't end better for her than him yet; it's still early and so far if you're a right-winger you've got to be pretty happy. She's inexperienced but she's playing to her strengths pretty well so far.

One thing I liked about Biden is he clarified some differences between him and Obama. That is something I definitely don't hear from Palin. Not that it's required to hear differences, but I'd like to hear that you won't be an "echo chamber" vice president. She seems like she will definitely be useless - that's just the pointed truth - I can't see her ever having a disagreement or even any serious seat at the table for McCain.

Palin... you can't be soft on the gay issue. Toughen up or the base will hate you.

I thought she did a great job with that statement.... you can be tolerant of gays but against gay marriage, and she was straight up about that. That is respectable.

Anyone keeping track of the scoring on CNN? This Rollins analyst has Palin at a +12, while Biden is +3....I don't see how Palin can have so many points on that card

Rollins and Castellanos are republican operatives.

Begala and Rosen are democrats.

the scores directly reflect that.

She talks rushed and looks relaxed. Joe is having a hard time being a gentleman, while she looks like she is a 10 year old hockey player bent on hitting on liberals with a hockey stick.

It's hard to see how she can label herself an energy expert when all of her experience is in a state utterly dependant upon oil revenues.

hahaha Biden says that Global Warming is man-made matter of factly. It is foolhardy to put blind faith in something that has not been proven.

There is tons of evidence that supports the fact that the Earth goes through stages of warming and cooling. Man's contribution to carbon dioxide is less than one half of one percent.

Also, evidence suggests that there were two major stages of warming 11,500 years ago. Did man cause this warming as well?

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/07/greenland-ice-c.html

Archived